DH GoD6 I don't think It's clunky PTR

I don’t think GoD6 is clunky at all. It’s smooth game play in GR 75 / T16 at 750 paragon on PTR. The build needs a damage buff, not a mechanics change. It’s a fun build that rewards skilled players.

I like the way I can cast hungering arrow and stutter step with HA on right click and strafe on left click. This play style is good to use while doing speeds.

This build does need more damage. 10,000% is not enough for a generator build. It does not need strafe generates momentum. The game play rewards skilled players, while allowing mindless grinding after getting “the hang of it”.

This video is my seasonal character on PTR clearing GR 75 / T16 super smooth with paragon 765.

updating the post with a 116 clear I did tonight:

This is the highest I can go with Gears of Dreadlands, after using GoD for 20 hours. Greater Rift 116, I’m about 2 tiers behind my casual push 118 with LOD Rapid Fire. LOD Rapid fire is far behind other class’s builds. So if GoD Gets double damage that would be good new for Demon Hunter mains. Change the 6 piece set bonus from 10,000% to 20,000% and make DH competitive solo.

4 Likes

I think people say it’s clunky because you have to alternate between firing a primary to build momentum stacks and strafing. I personally have absolutely zero problems with this mechanic, in fact it promotes more active playstyle rather than just brainless “spin-to-win”.

Obviously it needs more power, the 10k% is there to just provide a baseline for the devs to do the adjustments based on the real player clears.

The momentum stacks could drop at slower rate but other than that I don’t see a need for any major mechanic change.

7 Likes

I did GR90 in 8 min with p2956. I’m certain I could do better with UE.
My build looks like this:
760x591

Agree. Perhaps, 10,000% per momentum stack.

1 Like

I agree that I could get used to the style of gameplay, but it doesn’t feel great especially going around places with sparse or no enemies. It also needs a massive buff in damage somehow to be taken seriously.

3 Likes

I’ve done GR85 under 4 min with Hungering Arrow variant. It has great potential, just needs more power.

3 Likes

Fun is subjective.
But this build looks so similar to Nat Strafe.
Just a worse version.
I don’t mind people having different opinions, but it both underperforms. Loses stacks too quick. Can’t really speed anything. And yeah, looks like a copypasted version of Nat strafe.

8 Likes

I don’t think casting HA every couple seconds is really a form of skill expression. Some people like to just strafe and some likes to just cast HA. But to claim the game play rewards skilled players is just not true…

13 Likes

My problems with it:

• It currently does not support multiple generators
  • Momentum stacks drop off too quickly
  • Strafe-generators does not seem to trigger things properly
  • Can’t build Momentum stacks if you don’t hit things (ie terrible on easier torments when things die superfast, other players kill stuff before you can hit them, or when monster density is low)

If those things are fixed, I can play the set as a support DH even if the damage is garbage.

4 Likes

Managed to do a 95 in 12min and 55 sec.
I was kinda unlucky with lag, where at times i was getting upwards to 3 sec latency else I might have done it in 3min faster. Had some death to latency as well. So usual PTR problems. My major problem with the set is that it feels clunky. But I like it more than the other DH builds. (please remove spaces in link below) can’t link for some reason.
https:// i.imgur. com / JEsZTjO.png

@Maskraider Ah I see you use right click to shoot bola, and have strafe on your keyboard. That’s a good way to play for sure. I prefer strafe on left click, but I’ve tried keyboard as well.

If you have your bola / hungering arrow on left click it feels clunky and hard to stutter step.

FYI I was able to clear GR 100 in 11 minutes in season PTR with 750 paragon.

GR75 is just a starting point for the end game, man. And I possibly managed GR107 with 13 minutes, but I can’t find any competitive advantage of this set compare with Shadow, Unhallowed, or Nat with Cluster.

Just go and take a look the non seasonal solo DH leaderboard - the best records of this set stopped by GR120, while other sets are running +10 levels.

If it gives us ultimate swiftness in lower GRs, that could be a value of this set, but unfortunately, adding current set to the Live environment means nothing but put new cosmetics and decrease overall item farming speed, at least to me.

3 Likes

Yea, you are attempting a speed run, but you can’t keep up your Momentum stacks at all, most of the time you are below 5. So essentially, you aren’t using your generators enough. That’s okay for almost full primal gear at para 750 trying to do a T16 rift, but when it comes to Live and you want to break that T16 to start actually farming, it is going to be clunky as hell.

Also it seems like you don’t notice that you are missing about 80% of your damage, since the Hungering Arrows from Strafe doesn’t pierce, and thus doesn’t get the benefits of the Devouring rune. That should say something about how hard you are low balling the build.

Go do some pushs and becomes a lot more apparent what the problems actually are.

5 Likes

Bola use one more weapon/offhand slots. So I think HA is more powerful. But Bola is fun to watch :slight_smile:
I didn’t utilize Vengeance much due to no Dawn. That is a great damage loss.

I was pretty sure Hunger Arrow shot from Strafe can Pierce, but it is set to strafe proc coefficient.

If they fix the bugs like Hungering Arrow not piercing, increase the duration of the stacks, increase the damage, allow primaries on cast to refresh stacks, and increase the durability of the build, , then yes, it might not end up feeling clunky. Assuming those were fixed, my changes were as follows:

2 Likes

No, Hungering Arrow pierce 100% of the time with the Ninth Cirri Satchel, which causes it to do 5 pierces, or hitting 5 targets. When you launch it from Strafe, it never Pierce. Also Hungering Arrow’s proc coefficient was 0.65 last and that does not affect the pierce chance on the skill it self, and again has no influence on the manually cast skill.

I am not asking for a broken skill, the Bone Armor of the Inarius set ticked 9 times each second which was why it was fixed, and got reduced to 2 times as it was supposed to be. There was never a nerf, only an unintentended bug.

That’s a bug then. This needs to be fixed.

One thing most need to remember is that your example of not the typical legendary rolls you got good gear, So try that with half the dps at T16 and it will not be at all smooth game play. Yeah it badly needs better damage to play well, but also damage reduction. Thanks the video. :slightly_smiling_face:

That last part is not true. Iria and I did a lot of testing on my live stream last night on this.

HA’s from strafing does pierce, but it’s effected by strafes proc coef, which is .25. With this said, the pierces while strafing is no longer guaranteed by the NCS quiver and you’ll see pierces much less often, and when it does, it’s unlikely to see more than 1 pierce due to the proc coef.

Blizzard should really fix that.

1 Like

With Impale and 750 paragons on PTR I am doing already 110 solo easily. Good luck doing that with the new set… it is clunky AND needs a significant damage buff.

7 Likes