DH GoD Set - Momentum stacks not working

Topic says it all honestliy…

At some point momentum stacks no longer add up when using hungering arrow.

I’m using Calamity as a weapon and I am using the attack speed gem for the CDR (which i was lacking in the build)… So either or according to my current research breaks it…

Please fix.

3 Likes

Same happening for me while using Calamity.

It feels like it’s happening less when there are not a lot of NPC/monsters on screen or marked.

1 Like

Same problem affected my game feeling, too.

This is a critical error for DHs.

1 Like

From what I’m reading of the description of the set, momentum is supposed to be activating from the primary skills that are fired off when using Strafe as well right? If it is, that’s also not working.

Edit: Read in another threat that this seems to be intentional. If it is, then my guess is that this set was made as a joke gift to Demon Hunters instead of an actual set as you don’t really need to use Strafe since Vault would move you around faster. Currently this set lacks killing power so it’s very possible that the primary skills being used when strafing doesn’t activate the 10000% damage boost either. I’m giving up on the set and won’t be testing that if it’s intentional for momentum to not stack when strafing.

A work around I used was moving my hungering arrow from left click to button 1…just hold right click for strafe and ever couple of seconds press 1 and you’re golden

1 Like

I am having this issue too, I believe it is only with calamity equipped. There seems to be some kind of issue that when it applies mark of death you don’t get a momentum stack. It works fine in town and can sometimes get it to work by firing off to the side to avoid hitting anything, but it’s very frustrating.

And it feel like it’s a shame too since with the Grim Reaper rune it adds a lot of area damage and might be a decent contender if you get a good calamity. Death Toll is also very nice for group play.

Anyway there seems to be some kind of bug with the set and calamity in particular.

3 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem using Valla’s and Ninth Cirri in my offhand (because I like the extra crit and IAS from having a quiver)

I have to stop stafing and manually fire HA or I just lose stacks, I thought the whole point was that you auto-fire your primary while strafing to maintain them ?!

1 Like

That is how the set is supposed to work. The bug is that when you manually cast your primaries, you do not gain stacks.

You were mistaken. You are not having the same issue as above.

Read the description on the set, or a guide, or video on how the set works.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem, no matter what weapon I’m using, I’ve tried buriza, ballista and dawn and while strafing(right click) I’ll every so often to refresh my stacks to 20 I’ll HA (left click) and it will do nothing. My stacks continue to dwindle. I’ve even as some points gotten frustrated and stopped strafing altogether, and fired off a couple HA’s and it took THREE shots to get the stacks to start going up again. This feels really awkward. Blizz please fix.

I had to quit playing yesterday altogether because this issue was getting out of hand. I was struggling to build to 20 stacks. At times I count upwards of 6 standing bola shots without adding momentum. It was quite unpredictable though, so I suspect there is some sort of lag issue on the server end. I have a pretty top end PC, after a couple rifts I started tracking my network latency, but I couldn’t find any irregularities. It is strange, because it didn’t really FEEL like game lag, but the stacks just sporadically wouldn’t add.

It’s a known bug with Calamity, don’t use it. It’s also not the best wep to use.
Fortress,Squirts,
Valla’s
Dawn,
Buritza,
The BIS DPS options.

I was wondering if this bug has to do with the number of hungering arrow on screen at once.
If I’ve just started a fight, or I’m only fighting one thing, I don’t seem to have much of an issue, even with Calamity. But if I’m fighting a group of things that aren’t dying quickly, I have to wait a LONG time before even firing at nothing gives me a stack.

I have been having this issue for a while, but I just got a Primal Ancient Calamity, and I was assuming the increased base attack speed made the problem worse.

1 Like

Valla’s? Isn’t this weapon pointless? In GOD set we don’t use strafe as a damage dealer so piercing strafe projectiles are useless. We get hungering arrow to pierce all the time from the ninth cirri satchel. So while strafing you deal damage with hungering arrow not with strafe projectiles - valla’s useless. Or am I missing something here?
Btw, I have the same bug with stacks no matter what weapon I use. It lloks like I have to shoot empty space, not hitting any enemy to make stacks counting again xD

Valla’s causes more primaries to spawn through GoD 4p bonus, resulting higher DPS. There’s a thread about it in the DH section if you’re more interested in more detailed explanation.

1 Like

Can confirm what Scorp said, I also had problems with momentum stacks, but when I reassigned HA to key 1 instead of LM, it works properly.

It’s so weak, it feels like UE

I’m experiencing the issue with or without Calamity.

I used 1 for HA the entire time, I’m still getting the issue

Hey there,
Valla’s has one extra primary stat that you can convert into something else. Same with K’mar Tenclip, you have 5 primary + a socket from Ramaldni’s Gift. Also, check Kirottu’s post from this thread.

Check out if this happens when Vengeance is activated. This is my case and only on Torment 16. Doesn’t happen at all in higher GRifts (at least 80), I guess mobs don’t die in one-shot