Demon Hunter LoD Companion

Demon Hunter LoD Companion

What if the Demon Hunter had a viable LoD pet build ?
You hit enemies, then your Companions deal the damage.

New Helm (Raven Head)

Legendary Helm
Companion now summons 3 additional Companions, and each Raven you have increases the attack speed of your Companions by 5%.

New pauldrons (Boar Tusk)

Legendary pauldrons
Each Companion you have increases your damage by 10%, and enemies slowed by your Companions take 100% more damage from all sources.

Kethrye’s Splint

Legendary bracers
Enemies hit by your Primary skills take 300% increased damage from your Companions for 5 seconds.

Tasker and Theo (unchanged)

Legendary gloves
Increase attack speed of your Companions by 50%.

The Cloack of Garwulf

Legendary Chest Armor
Companion - Wolf Companion now summons 3 wolves
Companion now summons 2 additional Companions, and your wolves deal 150% increased damage.

Zoey’s Secret

Legendary Belt
You take 8.5% less damage for every Companion you have active.

New Amulet

Legendary Amulet
Each enemy you hit reduce the cooldown of Companion by 2 seconds.

New Ring

Legendary Ring
Enemies marked for Death take 200% increased damage from your Companions for 30 seconds.

New Ring

Legendary Ring
Your Primary skills trigger Entangling shot on hit, and your Companions attack entangled enemies in priority.

New Pants

Legendary Pants
Your Companions deal 100% increased damage against slowed enemies.

New boots (Spider octo-boots)

Legendary Boots
Your Companions have 100% increased movement speed, and Companion gains the effects of the Spider Companion rune.

Balefire caster

Legendary Hand Crossbow
When you have 5 Companions or more, enemies take 200% more damage from your Companions.

Izzuccob

Legendary Hand Crossbow
Each Companion you have increases their damage by 100%.
Example : 7 Ravens = 700%

Odyssey’s End [Kanai Cube]

Legendary Bow
Enemies snared by your Entangling Shot take [100 - 150]% increased damage from all sources. This bonus is tripled if damage comes from one of your Companions.

BlackFeather [Kanai Cube]

Legendary Chest Armor
Companion now summons 1 additional Raven, and your Ravens deal 100% increased damage.

New Ring [Kanai Cube]

Legendary Ring
Each Companion you have grants you 2 Discipline per second.

Best Companion strategy
No Rune: 1+3+2+1 = 7 Ravens @ 500% (Active rune)

Maxroll.gg Template
https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/375200327

Reddit
https://tinyurl.com/ytvud422

1 Like

13 companions would make Zoey’s Secret give 117% reduced damage taken. That in combination with the already from what I can tell quite OP items seems a tad over the top.

3 Likes

Change the shoulders to damage for each pet. The way you have it worded is just a slightly stronger version of the belt that does the same thing.

Also wouldn’t you use the entangling shot bow in cube, since you have

If they made Joey’s 9% multiplicative then it would be +/- 75%, that’d work. Build would still be crazy OP (nothing wrong with that!) but not invincible.

I’m not that well versed in the theorycrafting, but I’m quite sure Armor suffers from diminishing returns (and only apply on physical damage), so I’m quite sure the flat 117% damage reduction from the belt wins handsomely.

Yeah, 125% on all damage seems a tad better than 100% on pets.

True enough, I just don’t like the idea of having a pet build be the go to, pet AI leaves a bit to be desired in this game tbh.

Thanks !
Number of Companions reduced to 7.

7 x 8.5 = 59.7% less damage taken.
Seems more reasonable.

Done.

I moved the entangled condition on Izzuccob (it has previously no condition).
Now it is :

Not sure if I’m missing something important, in any case can you detail ?

I changed Demon Machine to specify with an example what I had in mind:

I also added:

So you can basically vizualize the build proposal.

==============

UPDATE 2021/10/19

Changes according to feedback on Reddit

I would avoid Companion as a damage dealer, instead make it a damage enhancer for something else. When you trigger Companion, the most noticeable effect is the Spider’s web, that slow AoE creates a vulnerability for something else.

Consider making this into a Legendary Effect:

Enemies slowed by your Spider Companion take 100% more damage from [insert skill name here].

This would make a good item too, but I think the Grim Reaper and Valley of Death areas are too large to make for interesting gameplay. Really that space should be tight at 8 yards, you gotta keep shifting the debuff around to maintain it, but marked enemies taking triple damage from your Archery or Secondary Skills would be a reasonable buff. It turns Multishot’s AoE into decent single target damage.

Together these items could be good, try to get the spider’s web to slow a marked elite for big damage.

They did that for the new Rathma, but players massively hated it.
In pets build, most people prefer to deal damage with their pets.

But maybe there is room for a different gameplay (another layer) inside those LoD items.

I altered these items