Delete this post please

Another quitter because it seems to much like hard work to have to pay attention and not just hold down 2 buttons and afk.

1 Like

I got lazy. I didn’t want to spend the time to totally reconfigure my build for M6, or UE6 which is my DH go-to. I didn’t have the full set for either of them at that point yet anyway, so I used the Nat’s. I’ve done all the DH set dungeons before. I know it’d take a few rounds to get through. I got on my 5th attempt after I just made a conscious effort to hold back before engaging a pack and let the timer on the Rain go close to 0 before going again.

I’m just not convinced a player needs to jump through this hoop every season when it’s something the developers have essentially abandoned as an idea whose time has come and long gone.

:man_facepalming:
Really? You can’t spare a minute or two for that? It really takes almost no time time at all. Save your main build to the armory, reconfigure your build for the set dungeon, run the set dungeon, reload your main build from the armory. Even at worst it takes less than 10 min in total to do that.

1 Like

I agree, and have advocated for, eliminating the set dungeon requirement from the season journey. Be that as it may, it is what it is and players who cry that ‘I can’t complete the season because of set dungeons’ get no sympathy from me.

Saying ‘I want to play MY character MY way’ is code for being lazy, incompetent and/or entitled. They are free to go design their own game and play it their way. Until such time, this is Blizz’s game and you play it according to their parameters.

1 Like

Indeed, removing the set dungeon from the season journal would be a very good move.

I also give no sympathy to those “can’t complete” the season due to wanting to “play their way only”. Season journey has its specific requirements and challenges to complete and while it does definitely need an update, it’s still up to the player to adapt to those challenges given, not the other way around. Set dungeongs are still part of the journey and mastering one dungeon per season requires very little adapting.

If one can’t spare 10 minutes to temporary adjust one’s build and to complete a set dungeon during a 3 month season, that’s just lazyness.

2 Likes

Nope. The Seasonal Journey is about doing everything the game has to offer. Nothing wrong with having to play a build in a different - and sometimes difficult - way for a short period of time.

I find it had to believe you couldn’t do the immortal kings set dungeon. It is like one of the three easiest set dungeons to complete for the journey. It is usually my go to when I’m playing other classes because it’s so simple.

Especially since there are plenty of guides that tell you specifically how to do them.

Nothing he wrote suggested he was lazy or incompetent. I’ll give you that there may be an element of entitlement, but I don’t think it’s any more than the basic “customer is always right” entitlement we all have when we complain about a broken product. He wants to play a game that’s fun for him and he’s expressing that. Disagreeing with him is fine. Attacking him personally by calling him lazy, etc isn’t appropriate.

I don’t think so. We spent a lot of time on this forum talking about build diversity. A major critique of D3 is that its build diversity is highly limited by the sets and legendary items in the game because of the broken modifiers on these items which make it so no other option for gear is viable. You either play the set the way it plays or you can’t compete at all in the endgame. In fact, some sets are so weak, they’re not really viable even if you wanted to play them. Anyone rolling Arachyr’s WDs this season? Wanting to play an RPG “my way” is a desire most people on this board have expressed at some point in this context

The set dungeons and this season’s conquest by soloing a GR45 with no set items are both examples where the game forces you to play its way. You have to regear and reskill your character to do them. Are they particularly hard? Not really. Are they particularly time-consuming? Not really. Are they fun? Well, that’s highly subjective. The challenge rifts are a similar concept. You play someone else’s build. How many of us do these after we begrudgingly do it once for the weekly reward? I’d venture to guess no one does that, and few of us think “wow, this was so much fun, I’ll respec and regear my own character to play this way.” These things aren’t fun for me. They are a chore. I do the chore because I want the reward, but it doesn’t mean these are great ideas that are immune to criticism.

It’s a perfectly valid opinion to say you are unhappy with these type of mechanics in the game.

I actually named my monk Quitter. He’s the last of the surviving ones as he made it to level 70 too fast - I’d made probably 15 before him looking for a single ethereal, any, and couldn’t find one.

Now he’s found 30 or so, mostly all duplicates, with only 2 being demon hunter items (which I have since salvaged as useless to me.)

You have some good points. But nothing is stopping him from playing the game and have fun. He’s complaining (and rage quitting) because of things that have been part of the last many, many seasons. It can’t come as a surprise that themes don’t carry over and that set dungeons are part of the journey (if you want to go beyond chapter IV).

And for the love of GOD (pun intended) roll Hungering arrow on your belt and pants (if you haven’t already).

Because it’s not fun for him. And frankly, he was right to quit if it’s not fun for him. I think we all reach a point with a game when we start playing it as a chore or an obligation instead of for fun. That’s the point when we should quit.

Lol! I literally just equipped the set as the very last thing I did last night, switching from Nat’s. I ran out of veiled crystals rerolling, so I figured I’d just accept what I had until I could farm more =) Maybe tonight, time permitting, I’ll get the reforges done!

1 Like

You know, there is a new world out there.

Find it.
Explore it.
Live it.

1 Like

I’ve actually been to more places in other countries than my own. Since nowhere wants UK citizens anymore i think i’ll stay in my own country. Already been on holiday somewhere i have never been before in the UK and it was awesome.

Absolutely.
He also had a choice of whether or not to post about quitting because of it.
And we got to choose whether or not to criticise that choice when he published it.

6 Likes

And thirdly: why start season when you already know what it entails? It’s like ordering a cheeseburger when you hate cheese and then complain about the cheese (sorry couldn’t come up with a better example).

Enough with this troll-like thread.

4 Likes

The New World game is what I meant.
Amazon’s MMO.
https://www.newworld.com/en-us/

Did you guys realy follow “streamers”, for methods do set dungeon??.
You must be kidding!! Set dungeon is a matter of observation, the Secrets is to study area, and read carfully req, and ALONE, YOU OVER COME THAT.

as i Said in my First reply, and very Sad for It, game is 99%, foucosing on casual, players, noobs, 99% of player have not there own methods, there is no originality or legit playing, ALL you do is to copy what others noobs Say to do.

For that reason, ppl ALL time on chat want (Power level) and (please need to Leech for gear). And then what??? You want every thing already done, level 70 in 4 minutes and bla bla bla…

I do not blame you for being Noob, in fact, It is this age problem. Lacks of humanism. It means less using of brain and more on keyboards.

They want you to think less, imagine less…
They want you to agree on ALL things they do, and on this way, diablo3 broken mentality, and 5th gategory “philisophy”, Will always produce the perfect “player”.

Cant see… Dont feel, never listen.

HAVE FUN!!!

Ah, I see you’ve been spending your paragon points on the condescension skill.
How long until you max out?

4 Likes

Almost NOBODY wants/likes set dungeons… especially having to master them. It is purely a “CHORE” and nothing else.

Blizzard… please get rid of them.