Death's Breath why is it not auto-pickup yet?

in a game about picking up loot, people have become so lazy that they no longer want to be bothered with clicking loot. i’m not surprised. soon everything will be done for you then you don’t even have to play! perfection.

1 Like

Eh, picking up materials in D3 is about as interesting as picking up currency drops in PoE. At least D3 has vaccuum pickup for some things. PoE has none, and believe me, on maps with a ton of strongboxes, that gets…irritating. Especially for someone like me with lack of fine motor control on my mouse arm making constant clicking frustrating to the max.

There are many of us who would welcome QoL improvements with regard to picking up materials in D3. I mean, who likes picking up those singular blue and white items on the ground all the time? It’d feel a bit different if they dropped in proportion to what you’d get from a salvaged item of the same quality, but they don’t. They all drop in singles outside of rift guardian drops. Trust me, that isn’t fun, and for some of us, gets to be physically painful after a while.

5 Likes

Some people want the satisfaction of seeing something dropped and having to pick it up. Other people get the satisfaction of seeing something dropped and don’t want to pick all of it up. Solution is to add a checkbox in the options of what you want auto-looted. This way you have to choice of auto-looting or not.

Gold has been auto-loot since release, hell, it was even listed as a QOL feature. Blood Shards have been auto-loot since their introduction with Kadala in the ROS release. It cracks me up that many people think auto-looting other mats will ruin the sanctity of the game, but they seem to be ok with auto-looting gold and shards.

Seeing a leg drop, then running over to pick it up has a bit of excitement because it might actually be an upgrade. Clicking on mats is just tedious for many people because it is just another “1” added to a big stack of numbers and is pretty meaningless all by itself.

2 Likes

Just have the stash full of mats on purchase, that way the lazy people do not have to do anything. Or, better yet, just have the game play itself what was that called again? Next they will want everything to be remove form the game, with the hero decked out in the best primal gear at level one. D3 has been so watered down over the years, I hope D4 reverses the course. In the age of entitlement, It can be difficult to get people to work for something if it is just given to them.

1 Like

The problem with this idea is that you could extend the argument for hyperbole’s sake to say that the player should be required to click on each gold coin individually that drops.

One option is to have an option that can be selected by the player to auto-pickup or not death breaths and other items that are “stored” in the UI like gold.

1 Like

Sometimes I wish that there are some of you that should experience (or re-experience) the original game.

4 difficulties. Each with their own version of mats, tomes, etc.

Having to pick up every SINGLE item except gold.

Having to manually identify items.

Having to craft through many tiers of gems, AND having to craft them one at a time, AND require tomes to craft some of them.

All of these QoL features that have been added to the game over the years have made it SO EASY in comparison.

But apparently it will never be easy enough. Sad.

Oh, here’s a reference to the exact same thread from last year:

Hell I posted in that one too, with a similar thought. LOL

1 Like

In a game that’s supposed to make us feel like an incredibly powerful hero killing demons and looting the weapons, armour and jewellery they drop, instead they want me to feel like a janitor that needs to sweep up materials.

We should have the option available so that anything that doesn’t take up inventory space is auto-pickup. I don’t mind clicking on white / blue / yellow / legendary items on the ground, it’s just the mats that could be streamlined, especially since the items I don’t want get in the way of clicking the materials I do want.

8 Likes

i had no problem picking up materials in d2. scrolls, gold, gems, etc. materials to craft and so on. i didn’t feel like a janitor (janitors are heroes too), i felt like a barbarian sifting through items to increase my power. d3 just so happens to have too much crap crapping all over the ground. overabundance of loot comes with side-effects. their philosophy of more is better and “there’s no such thing as too much power” “double it” were problematic to say the least. i don’t like the idea of vacuuming up stuff that drops because it totally ruined the gold-finding feel. i no longer feel any satisfaction looking for a big pile of shimmering gold. it’s so gross

1 Like

Remember when GR25 was difficult and Paragon 100 took effort. Now some want to be at GR150 and Paragon 2000 in the first week of a season. Buffs, buffs and even more buffs.

Or we could go dramatic the other way with this.

Everything in the game is too easy. We need to make players work for this. Vacuum pick-up should be removed from mats. Auto-loot should be removed from shards and gold. Big piles of gold and shards are still too lazy and make the game too speedy. All gold and shard piles should be broken into drops of 1 shard and 1 piece of gold. Now the player can actually do some work picking up that those piles of 200 shards 1 at a time. Now the game is fun.

People need to stop being overdramatic about how adding a QOL feature means the game will become getting all perfect items on character creation and an instant completion of GR150. Auto-looting gold didn’t lead to that. Auto-looting shards didn’t lead to that. Gold and shards are as much mats as DB’s and Veiled crystals are. There shouldn’t be this much drama over treating all mat collection the same.

2 Likes

Figured I would give you all a run-down on QoL features added to the game since release.

Patch 1.0.2

• The public chat list will now sort alphabetically

Patch 1.0.2a

• Nothing QoL related

Patch 1.0.3

• Friends will now sort alphabetically by name within the Friends List, first by Real ID and then by BattleTag
  • The Quick Join menu will now also sort alphabetically by name, first by Real ID and then by BattleTag
  • Chat settings and preferences will now be saved whenever you log out
  • Reporting another player using the Report > Spam option will now mute that player for the duration of your gaming session
  • Crafted items that are dropped on the ground due to a player’s inventory being full can no longer be seen or picked up by other players
  • Minimum damage and Maximum damage values will now display separately in an item’s tooltip (i.e. “+2-4 Damage” will now display as “+2 Minimum Damage” and “+2 Maximum Damage”)
  • Tooltips for items on the ground will now show comparison stats
  • Resist values will now be taken into effect when calculating the Protection comparison stat (the Protection value is an average protection estimate of all your resists)
  • When comparing a two-handed weapon against two currently-equipped one-handed weapons, the game will now simulate the removal of both one-handed weapons (instead of simply removing the main-hand weapon, which resulted in an inaccurate comparison)
  • When selling items to a vendor, the most recently sold items will now always display at the bottom of the Buyback tab
  • Various costs using the Blacksmith and the Jeweler have been reduced. Such as gold needed, tomes required, etc.

Patch 1.0.4

• Paragon added to the game. (for reference only, this was not a QoL addition)
  • Players can now disable or enable music in the Sound Options
  • Additional Sound Options including Sound Output and Speaker Setup has been added
  • Town healers will now instantly heal players when clicked on
  • A repair tab has been added to the Blacksmith
  • The last follower a player had active in a single-player game will now be restored automatically after leaving a multiplayer game
  • The frequency of follower dialog has been reduced
  • The text color of gems, potions, crafting pages and tomes dropped on the ground has been changed from white to light blue
  • The maximum stack size of gems has been increased from 30 to 100
  • The gem drop sound effect is now more noticeable
  • Squirt the Peddler has permanently moved from the Caldeum Bazaar up to the Hidden Camp, as she heard people liked buying Health Potions up there

Patch 1.0.5

• Monster power and Ubers/Infernal Machines added to the game. (again for reference, not QoL)
  • Followers, pets, and summoned creatures will no longer attack enemies that are in an idle state unless the player is within 10 yards of the enemy (note: Hydra heads and Sentry turrets are not affected by this change)
  • Crafting materials can now stack to 500
  • Jeweler Designs that drop in the world will now show up as Rare quality (yellow) to make them more visible on the ground
  • Crafting reagents can now be converted up to the next highest level at the Blacksmith at a ratio of 10:1
  • Tomes of Training can be converted up to the next highest level at the Blacksmith and Jeweler at a ratio of 10:1
  • The location of Legendary items will now be marked by a column of light as well as a ping on the mini-map the first time they drop, and a new sound has been added. Class-specific items will now drop more often
  • Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty
  • Square-quality gems no longer drop in Inferno difficulty
  • The cast time for identifying Rare items has been reduced to 1 second
  • The cast time for identifying Legendary items has been increased to 4 seconds
  • Lore books will now appear light blue instead of green when dropped on the ground
  • You can now change the icon for each tab in the shared stash

Patch 1.0.6

• Nothing QoL Related

Patch 1.0.7a

• Nothing QoL Related

Patch 1.0.8a

• Nothing QoL Related

At this point, we switch over to patch 2.0.1. I will link it below as it is not listed on D3 that I can find.

https://blizztrack.com/diablo_iii/retail/2-0-1-22044

But you can review the rest of the patches here on Blizzard’s D3 website below:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/patch-notes/

Needless to say, the number of QoL additions to this game over the years is extensive.

2 Likes

Auto pick up for the win!

1 Like

and then think greeds realm :smiley:

i would add a script to autosalvage gear at any chosen colour(s).
-that way we don’t have to halt our farming to TP.

how could you even call it an rpg? it’s just a top down action game at this point. i’m not opposed to games like this but it sort of takes away from what diablo is and always has been, no?

So just because things were more difficult in the past, we should never seek improvements?

I don’t understand how asking for QOL changes harms you. But then there are always people who feel that if something doesn’t negatively impact them directly, then it’s not a real issue for others.

3 Likes

D3 needs “auto-win” button badly.

And sometimes people ask for stuff just to ask for stuff.

Considering how much has changed to make the game easier already from a QoL standpoint, if you dumb it down any further, the only thing it will be missing is an auto play button! v

Sorry, but sometimes stuff should be hard and tedious. This is part of the problem with the younger generations. Lazy. When you shorten the effort to gain something, that something then loses its meaning and because its so easy to get its now meaningless and pointless.

Game on.

Haha. While we’re at it, lets also just have decked out level 70 characters so we can just logg on and slay demons nonstop like a mindless bot.

This is supposedly an ARPG, not mobblaster 2k20. But hey I guess your idea might fit right in with the current gameplay.

strange question.
ever thought that the game hasn’t been seriously developed for 7-8 years? there are tons of good ideas here. everything goes to the toilet.
have fun discussing.

2 Likes