Death's Breath why is it not auto-pickup yet?

this is brought up enough and honestly seems like an obvious quality of life update to the game that wont cause any issues.

so I have to ask why has this not been done?

22 Likes

i actually dont want db’s to be auto pickup

db’s and keystones are the 2 reasons you run normal rifts so having to click on them really isnt that bad

5 Likes

They vacuum pickup anyway. So…

Tell you what, why don’t you make a game that plays it for you?

I mean, that’s what you all really want. A game with botting features built into it, so you don’t have to do any effort.

7 Likes

The deaths breath around you auto pick up when you click one… If the game becomes any more automated, whats the point in playing the game?

3 Likes

If I recall in Grim Dawn the hero bends over to pick things up. Many Diablo “players” just want to move from point A to point B in 3 seconds, without ever having to do anything. It is all about speed. I hope in D4 they slow things down so it is not just another speed race.

3 Likes

Because Blizzard wants you to put in some effort.

1 Like

try hardcore and then get back to me about effort.

6 Likes

Quit picking up mats during fights and then get back to me.

2 Likes

just trying to help you find a way to put a little effort in to the game that’s all.

I understand how picking up breaths might be the toughest thing to do when there is no repercussions to your actions while actually fighting. I don’t pick up mats during fights but if you think picking up breaths is the rewarding part of the game from all your effort then maybe you should try hardcore.

yeah dyeing sucks like nothing you have ever experienced in softcore. but the sense of accomplishment to getting a little higher in a GR or finally getting the last part of your set again really feels great.

try playing the game when the penalty for biting off more then you can chew or making a mistake is something a little more harsh then losing an extra gem upgrade chance.

some peoples effort put in to the game is a bit more then others after all.

2 Likes

I would like for there to be an animation of absorption of this death’s breath.

how did clicking db’s go to sc are noobs?

you want dbs to be auto pick up, most ppl dont care, dont go insulting ppl just bcs they dont agree with you

1 Like

I did not insult you, nor did I direct anything at you, yes people can and do have different points of view but something about @Nefertiri reply seemed more to that to me

We have auto pickup for gold, we had auto pickup for potions, no reason why there should be no auto pickup for mats.

5 Likes

Do you feel better now? Take it up with Blizzard - your complaint has been voiced for years and they aren’t going to do it. Suck it up, Buttercup, it is what it is.

1 Like

That’s why the “we hear you” CM is no loss.

I don’t want the breaths to be picked up automatically either.
When u click one, u pick up every adjacent DB’s too.
don’t let the game get to a point where all we do is holding the right mouse button.
imagine running around as a barbarian whirlwinding through the game. not having to do anything else.
I know it might sound like a dream come true for many. but when things become “too easy” like cheating in GTA or any game for that matter.
it takes the fun out real fast.
there have been so many changes to make it easier for us already.
and at some point we have to be happy with what we’ve got, and not push it beyond the edge. that’s what we are at now btw.
PS: hardcore ain’t that tough. manage your inventory, make sure u have duplication worth of gear. and if u die. u die. u make another hero which u can level to 70 in an hour. been there, done that

my main annoyance is if there is an object right over it, half the time I end up picking the thing that is not the DB if I am moving. Are you the Freakybeatle on the Europe server?

Ah yes, because CMs make development decisions and game changes. :roll_eyes: :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I am the FreakyBeatle of the Europe server. though I have some other accounts running diablo too at the same dedication-in time as FreakyBeatle (in case you would want to snap at me for my hardcore dedication at this account)
I get the annoyance, I do. though I have a rapid fire speed-link button on my mouse. so that I can pick up an entire lootdrop in less than a second.
but I think especially for running dashing blinking kind of classes, it may be more annoying to focus on clicking the breath every time.
Still don’t think it’s worth adding into the game. due to earlier said reasons.

lol I was not going to snap but rather cordially inquire what you meant.