[D4 Update] Unique attributes

So, while the overall update was super positive,
one thing that seems a bit off might be the attributes themselves and how the stats are partially randomly allocated to the attributes to somehow fit them into every character. Not to mention the druid who wasn’t even shown here. And if you think about it. With at least 5 different characters you can’t even pervade that system and some attributes will actually be the same for at least two characters.
Also one attribute for each character still seems useless as it only gives the generic bonus but not a second one.

I tried to come up with at least one unique bonus for every attribute for each character.
Might be harder to balance but it doesn’t seem so forced and it might also give a bit more uniqueness to the different characters.

Barbarian

Strength:
Defense
CC chance

Intelligence:
All resistances
Skill cooldown

Willpower:
Healing received
Ignore armor

Dexterity:
Dodge chance
Attack speed

Sorcerer

Strength:
Defense
Maximum mana

Intelligence:
All resistances
Elemental effect damage

Willpower:
Healing received
Ignore resistances

Dexterity:
Dodge chance
Effect chance

Druid

Strength:
Defense
Maximum health

Intelligence:
All resistances
Resourse cost

Willpower:
Healing received
Resource regeneration

Dexterity:
Dodge chance
CC resistance

1 Like

So much better than the generic attack and defense stats. Then again, if all classes only had attack and defense vs the old rp style stats (str, dex, etc.), then any class could use any item. That part I actually liked. It made a rare item useful. However, I am a child of 2nd Ed AD&D (yes I was just a lil wee lad then) and do enjoy the old fashioned stat system.

Still part of a 30 year running campaign under 2nd edition rules. I prefer simplicity in videogames. My only issue with stat allocation is it forces you to build a certain way for break points. At least you wont be locked out of any skills or gear just single line bonuses.

Overall nice update. Haven’t decided if I like the randomly rolled legendary affixes. I like that I’m not necessarily locked into a certain item with them anymore. I just know my luck will be getting my first ones on 4 different slots all with the same affix of something useless to my character.

Einsteins…

I didn’t want to trick people into thinking this is the official update threat :frowning:
Just give a hint that this is feedback on it :confused: