D4 - Toggle Skill Bars

Please allow me to toggle the skill bar off in Diablo 4 and use rmb lmb like Diablo 2. Please make it like Diablo 2, the less Diablo 3 influence the better.

3 Likes

Also, please allow skills to be bound to individual keys as in D3. D2’s “skill swap and then use skill” is horrible.

Let’s do it more like D3 and not like D2.

4 Likes

As an optional setting I wont mind too much (albeit it seems like a waste of dev time)
Would be catastrophic as the only interface option though.

2 Likes

Failtroll 0/10.

1 Like

Such a catastrophic system that Diablo 2 is more played than Diablo 3 today. Clearly this system would be a calamity. Make the spells spammable with fcr and mana pots like D2! Please stop making crappy Diablo games.

1 Like

If there are at least 7 skills on the hotbar and I can use the LMB for just using ‘Force Move’, then I am fine.

1 Like

In your dreams, sure. That’s why you’re still here yapping instead of actually playing it…

Oh wait, you can’t make any money off it because hardly anyone touches it anymore. That’s why you’re here lamenting the days of old.

D2 is a great game. But its controls and UI is really bad. It kinda always was.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 should stay away from Diablo 3.

2 Likes

Keep the customizable d1/d2 toggle style and easy d3 access as optional to not trigger any of the communities.

2 Likes

I don’t want a prettier D2 clone. I want and improvement over the best things that D2 did right and the best things that D3 done right.

If I want a D2 fix I play D2. The problem with a D2 clone is that in time players would be talking about the next Diablo game and it would go something like this.

Tom: Did you hear that Blizz is working on Diablo 7
Andy: Yeah but why bother it will play like Diablo 2 anyway. Because all games after D3 played just like D2.
Tom: Yeah you are right, lets talk about that new hot arpg instead.

I don’t think that any game developer wants players to be meh about their new game coming out.

1 Like

Nah. We need to move out of the dark ages. That interface is tired, dated and busted. D3’s UI is far more user friendly.

Keep dreaming, D2 is still king. The skill bars are gross, Diablo is about spam.

1 Like

Keep (S)trollin. You can always keep on playing that tired 20 year old UI thankfully.

No need for any future game to be that archaic. I mean I guess if you only have the use of one hand, okay, I can see why you like it.

Other than that - move up to something better.

Have a lovely day!

Thanks, ok.

Oh, you thought that Torchlight had innovative controls? I thought D2 had the best controls. D3 copies torchlight and every other game that isn’t D2. D2 style controls are a staple since the original Diablo. The only reason we have what we have is so that D3 can be a console game or because of terrible development decisions.

I tried to play D3 again for a bit, I was holding right click and hitting things w my dagger thinking it was pretty nice then my right click auto swapped to zombie arms popping out of the ground that I cast for free. That’s when I thought “what am I doing, this sucks”.

@guy who said play D2 - I am, I’m about to break into the top 100 of the East hc assassin ladder.

Or, those that are triggered by UI QoL measures can just not play it if it bothers them so much.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care if it’s an option, but Diablo 2’s control scheme is clunky even for a game that came out 20 years ago.

Exactly what I’ll do if the UI isn’t as good as Diablo 2’s. Not even just the UI, it’s the associated cooldowns and lack of spammability of everything. Not keen on inferior skill bars again, if so I’ll just play POE 2 since they at least offer items to be found. If it’s like D3, I’m not buying it.

I regret buying the CE of D3, if I would have known it was nothing like D2 I wouldn’t have. Probably a common sentiment since the biggest D2 fans are probably the ones that were most hyped for D3. What a foolish, crazy idea of mine that the sequel to a game would be similar to the previous installment instead of Gauntlet Legends. Crazy idea.

Good. We know what it will be. You can save yourself the headache and just leave now. Because you aren’t getting an inefficient, clunky, and outdatred UI.

1 Like

For a D3 player you surely like to add fuel to the fire to the unendless brawl between communities and then you keep complaining of mass D2 complains/trolling towards to the D3 community instead of looking for a middle ground or solution for both sides.
Thats truely obnoxious and biased.

1 Like