[D4] Lore speculation

He’d actually be agreeable if at least one of the following applied:

• We played Diablo solely for the story and/or care very little for the gameplay.
  • Diablo 4’s gameplay will be bad and it’s only saving grace would be it’s story.

However, neither of which applies (as far as we know of as of this time). Instead some of us simply wants Diablo 4 to not only have a good, satisfying, and/or great gameplay, but also a storyline as well which would expand the lore nicely. I mean it’s not that hard of a concept to understand, but it is for some folks I supppose.

Admittedly it’s hard to take anyone seriously if they don’t know the lore or even care to know it. It’ll be like if I went to a group of Star Wars fans and insist that Darth Vader should be reborn out of a star due to force reasons, just because I think it could be cool; despite the fact that I know very little about Star Wars, and my knowing anything of Darth Vader is simply because he’s an iconic character.

1 Like

It is, as long as you lack the experience - that was exactly the point I made. Once you have enough experience regarding gaming/stories it won’t be a grey area anymore - it will be black and white - you’d either play knowing exactly why you do it or not.

And when you play enough games so that these type of stories/choices aren’t interesting to you anymore you’ll see the black and white color instead of the grey.

But are you motivated enough to re-play it? I bet the grey isn’t that grey anymore.

And here comes the power of the AI. If games had AI-generated stories every time you initiate a new playthrough the story will be different and the decisions you’d have to make will be in a new context. The whole game would adjust to your own personality as a player and what you want to experience in the game.

AI of course won’t mean players won’t ever get bored, but it will guarantee that to happen as slow as possible.

Diablo 4 will have a different storyline for each class. Players interested in lore would be able to switch classes to experience the new story from the respective class perspective.

I personally hope there is an option to completely remove story/cut scenes/animations/dialogs/tutorial since I am extremely picky regarding stories and completely uninterested in this level of writing. To understand me better: These type of stories are like fast food for me. And I consider fast food bad - prepared with bad ingredients in bad conditions by bad cooks. And I don’t eat fast food.

I hope this clears things up since I am left with the impression that because I don’t follow Diablo lore I automatically can not comment on it’s quality. No, folks. I can. Stories are written by people.

D4 will not have a different story for each class. Care to share with the class which orifice you pulled that one from?

What happend to the people? Why can’t some gamers enjoy the story while playing, and experienceing the game as a whole? Like back in the old days, whit out YT and the likes.

1 Like

Nothing official that’s for sure. Not to mention how even if they had different stories for each class; each class story would likely be mostly similar to one another (they’d have to fight the same bosses and such, but there would be some npcs who’d be different), with only some differences. Then again, this could be just a silent cry for an rng generated story to be added to the game? Yeah, it’s hard to take him seriously when you know he doesn’t know nor care to know the lore.

That’s apparently a foreign concept for some folks. If you like or want to see any bit of the story, then you may as well watch it on youtube for some reason. I mean it’d be good advice if we didn’t have any intention of playing Diablo 4. But that’s not the case here.

1 Like

I never really understood the “I do not like something so no one should enjoy it” mentality. I personally do not care for PvP, but I am happy that players who do like it will have the fields of hatred. They can go hostile on others all they want. I do not care for the D3 speed racer meta, that is why I run solo. If players like to be on the GR treadmill so they can be on the cheater boards they have that option. It does not affect me at all.

3 Likes

I tried to explain you the logic behind skipping particular story/gameplay and I think it’s understandable enough since other posters got it.

For the same reason you aren’t watching now those films for kids when you were a kid. As with everything else in life - there are levels of experience one goes through - be it sport, art, job etc… That’s natural and logical from adapting perspective. Why it should be explained to some people however is beyond me… Maybe their white-knighting is blinding them? They see a great story and lore where there’s actually a meme?

Well your explanation was unnecessary imo, since it doesn’t even apply to the situation.

Some folks want to play the game and enjoy the story at the same time. It’s not one or the other. It’s both, plain and simple.

Another thread has been hijacked, from a simple lore question to this nonsense, peace. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I apologize for that, I’ll cease further discussion with him on this subject.

No need. If I have lore questions, I expect players (like you) who are in the know to help out.

It applies to everything in our lives, as I wrote you. I also gave you a few examples.

It might be. That’s what you are missing.

There are players interested in:
1] Both gameplay and story
2] Neither gameplay nor story
3] Only gameplay
4] Only story

Those from the 4th category can just go to YT and get the story for free. Those from the 3rd like me (because I am interested in stories on a whole other level) need proper options to skip the annoying story stuff that interferes with gameplay.

So all the books, comicbooks, films, tv shows, cartoons, operas, every form of story telling is just a meme? And I still like kid shows that I wached back then. Why? Because i’m a kindred soul, and didn’t become a sour adult, who thinks the fun of fantasy is nonsense.

You’re dumb. There are no gamers who play only for the story. You’re missing the whole point. Jeez… you argue about something you can’t even comprehend. Just shut up and leave, and troll somewhere else.

Maybe in his future timeline, games have no story while playing and are only available on YT.

1 Like

So, it’s on Stadia? :thinking:

If I had written this I would get a ban for a day most probably. Great forum standards.

I am not trolling at all. You just fail to understand what’s been told. And btw, welcome to my ban list and enjoy your stay there. It’s permanent.

Oh i’m heart broken. Boo-hoo… :sob: Not…:laughing:

I don’t know. I never claimed to be from the future with knowledge of how things will unfold.:wink:

It has been explained to you multiple times before, if no one reports a post no action will be taken.

Well, continuing with the Lore talk, I wonder if we will get some mention or tie in to some other plot threads that never get resolved on Diablo 3. Aside from the previous one I have mentioned (Leah) I would also like some closure of Covetous Shen. The ingame dialogue seemed to indicate that Shen was a lot more than a mere human. And some dialogue with him on the beginning on Act 4 even suggests Leah could come back.

I have been replaying the story of Diablo 3 again and it really does feel at least to me that there was meant to be another expansion to close story threads, before it got axed. Such a damn shame.

2 Likes