D4 Feedback: The List

Things are not always what they seem.

You’re too quick to jump to that conclusion when you don’t know for sure what really is going on.

Perhaps you are right. We will see what the future holds for these and other topics and if i jumped to conclusions. Either way, if they do listen to the feedback and show it we get a even better game and i will be more then happy to go back here or on record on diablo 4 forums to say i was wrong… Until that happens however it is really hard to say that, since they really have the benefit of the doubt against them for made past mistakes and/or previous releases.

Look i really do not get why i’m being ‘attacked’ for asking the hard questions here. All i am trying to do is and im sure you are too, is trying to help and make Diablo 4 a great game. (Be that with or without this feedback.)

I can tell you what sort of bothered me about your tone, if you want to hear?

It was that you made the assumption that feedback or questions are being ignored. You also seemed to expect a response here in the D3 forum. You accuse them of not caring if you don’t hear about the topics you want - and you want to hear NOW.

Diablo 4 was announced in Nov 2019. It is now Feb 2020. They said it was VERY early in development still and that it would be a long time before the game came out. We are talking years here. They agreed to do Quarterly news updates - the first of which came out a few days ago.

You seem to want answers to EVERYTHING you care about right now…in the very first update, or you are being “ignored”.

It just seems very very unrealistic to expect update 1 to have all the things you want to have in it. Many of the decisions about the game have not even been made yet, and those that have, will have to get through lots and lots of internal iteration before they tell us what the final form will be. Everyone has questions - but most people understand it will take time before they are answered and it is not some sort of insult to the player base.

1 Like

While I agree that we cant expect everything at once, we kinda want to get the information before the “final form”, since that would be too late to give feedback.

1 Like

I understand that, but they meant it would take years. Alpha is a good time to get a better feel for it. Beta even more so. By then though they will have told us what the major decisions/features are. Some things, like crafting, or in-game systems, may still iterate during Beta, but stuff like the existence of PVP, the online/offline mode, trade, MTX, etc will all be settled. Most of those already are decided to be honest. IF they decide to change them, they will do it in one of the Blog posts. Example - Torchlight Frontiers (Max Schaffer of the Diablo team) was a F2P microtransaction game that was considered pay to win. A few weeks ago during Alpha, they scrapped the whole model, went single payment model, got rid of MTX, and revised leveling and such. They re-named it Torchlight 3. So, Alpha does not mean the end of the road for everything, in all cases.

Beta would be quite late to talk more about these things. Even if Blizzard surely does iterate a lot even closer to release, the framework for the major systems will be locked down at that point.
Getting to know their design philosophies, the goals, the methods, is important, when it comes to skills, passive talents, itemization, angelic/demonic/etc. stats, respeccing, death penalties, lvling, post-lvling/paragon, key dungeons, other end-game activities, trade, pvp etc.

Stuff like MTX, online/offline etc. are less interesting to hear more about. Since those are mostly just “either/or”. The important topics are the game systems.

Im sorry that you feel that way, and I’m sorry if I come across like that. I’m simply trying to invoke a response and engage in a meaningful discussion about core topics for their upcoming game. While the game is far out and I know that things take a long time to build this does not mean we can’t have a discussion or talk about it. It’s just very hard to have a good brain storm or talk when the person you are trying to do that with is being very silent about stuff, it’s not that we are trying to force this their way or anything like people have said before. There is just people that wanna know how the devs feel about these topics. To me it makes no sense to stay quiet about things that potentially can help you make a better game. They are actively asking for our feedback and I’m actively asking for a response on that feedback, I don’t think that is being unreasonable at all?

In addition i would add they actively ask in their quarterly update that they would like to know what we want to hear about next. Well there’s a bunch of stuff above I would like to hear about?

I think it highly unlikely that the D4 team will respond here.
The 2 visible Blues here are not working on D4.
edit: If there is any response at all, it will probably be in the stickied thread.

1 Like

It is a bit unrealistic at this stage of game development.

They said they will be providing updates via the news blogs. Those will be roughly quarterly. They gave a few early ones ahead of time, and met the goal of the Feb one.

The topics they cover on those are going to be variable - all are in response to things they think we care about, but it will be provided as they are ready to talk about it.

What you won’t get, especially on the Diablo 3 forum, is a back and forth with the D4 Devs. That is not going to happen. Ever.

Blizzard feels the forums are primarily for players to discuss games with other players. The CMs collect feedback, but they don’t share current Dev thoughts with us, esp for D4.

Yes, a list of what you want to hear about in future updates was asked for. They wanted it to be posted in the Sticky thread - as in this is a response to that Blog.

I recommend not assuming you are being ignored or mistreated though when it takes time before some of the issues are covered - much further in development.

EDIT - the only way you will get an open discussion with the Devs - and INPUT for real, is to work there.

I concur to some of what you said, the wording and namely ignoring seems to trigger too much of a negative response. I have edited the post slightly to take away from that.

Since there seems to be a issue with Diablo 4 feedback being posted in Diablo 3 general forum, I would ask for a temporary subsection of the forum ‘d4 discussion’ or whatever till we have a forum of our own. The thread about the quarterly update is just for feedback on that update and not meant to be used for all feedback regarding Diablo 4. If that is realized I will be more then happy to move the discussion there.

Hope ya not angry with me anymore and I once more apologize if this thread seems offensive. I assure you that is not the intent.

It wasn’t that you were asking the hard question, it’s that you were asking the wrong question.

You asked “why is the feedback being ignored?” when it should have been “is the feedback being ignored?”.

the base problem is your thread has been hijacked by a bunch of Blizzard-Apologists. They spin everything in Blizzard’s favor, and do their utmost to make you feel bad about asking the Mega-Corp any questions. Shame on you!

Blizzard not only said they want feedback, they also said: “WE READ EVERYTHING.” and they said that with emphasis. So, there’s no right place, wrong place to post anything. The Blizzard-Apologists are saying that a … (“a” as in Single) … CM reads some stuff and then passes relevant stuff on to the Devs. Which would mean that “NOT everything is read by Blizzard.”

Let’s not fail to ask; “Who’s right?” Does Blizz read everything like they said, or is it just a poor, lonely CM with an attitude, like the Blizzard-Apologists say???

Also, I certainly didn’t read the OP as an attack on Blizzard, or even as aggressive. I interpret the OP as a request for definitive, unambiguous answers to important questions placed in an easy to access area. That’s not too much to ask for, even if you need to start a thread to do it.

4 Likes

Thank you for the support, I thought I was going crazy…

Two problems here - One is that I am not a Blizzard apologist. I’ve called out their BS numerous times in the past. Like the OP, you made a big assumption based on nothing more than a first impression.

Two, asking a question but ending up with an answer that you didn’t expect, is contrary to the line of argument or being corrected on something that isn’t true is not a thread hijacking.

I would think there are more Blizzard people working this forum collecting feedback than just 1 CM.

Sounds like you read the OP after it was edited. The original premise was:

My main question is why is this overwhelming feedback being ignored/not explained back to your community?

How is that a fair question when the OP has not established as a fact that Blizzard is ignoring feedback?

You are too focused on the ignored part. It also says not responded… there is a reason I edited that. The wording was not right obviously for the reasons you stated.

But that was the basis of your original question and also part of original thread title.

First, I had trouble finding this thread because the title had been changed, and I expected this thread to be about something else!

Secondly, I completely understand that it is the word “ignored” that triggered the response from the Blizzard-Apologists.

This person is “BOTHERED”. Openly, honestly, candidly admits to being “BOTHERED.” About what? about the word “ignored.” And the connotation that it carries; That Blizzard is ignoring players.

This same person justifies their attack on the OOP (the Original, Original Post) by saying:

That’s quite a spin. But wait … there’s more spin …

Woohoo! I’m a bit dizzy here. Let me catch my breath.

The OOP is asking about the status of Feedback given by players. What is Blizzard’s response to the Feedback? Where is Blizzard’s response to the Feedback? And he is literally attacked, told he’s being selfish for wanting things “NOW”, and then told to wait until

That is, until the Feedback is meaningless.

In other words, IF the feedback isn’t taken into consideration “NOW” … right now! … it’ll never be taken into consideration. We are being told that we have to wait until Blizzard comes to us with a, and I quote; “FINAL FORM” until we can learn the status of the player feedback. Which, by then will be completely meaningless and worthless.

Shall I close with a Cake metaphor? I don’t want it lumpy, and I don’t want it too fluffy, I don’t want any of those super sugary frostings. Is this wanting everything NOW??? Should I wait for the Cake to be complete and then give feedback? Or is it correct to give feedback, and expect responses to the feedback BEFORE the cake is begun???

2 Likes

They should take lord fluffy’s feedback into consideration tho :v

The word itself isn’t necessarily the problem; it’s that the OP made an assumption that the feedback is being ignored.

An assumption, by definition, is something you think is the case despite the lack of evidence.

You are not being “attacked” if you don’t like the polite answers to your questions. This thread is hardly an all out flame war.

Imagine Lord fluffy at the Bakery.
Some fat slob, in a greasy apron
looking like a Blizzard executive
holds up his hand and says;
“Ay! I’ll give you the cake, Then you give me your feedback. Got it?”

2 Likes