[D4] Do early access launch issues = refunds?

People are paying for early access only to encounter the same latency, login, and other bugs that were encountered during the server slam? Is Blizz going to issue refunds for the early access period?

2 Likes

Why ask when the answer is obvious?

1 Like

If it were obvious would I ask? It isn’t obvious thus the question was posed.

1 Like

Scroll down to the bottom of this link and read the fine print:

To make it easier for you:
**Up to 4 days based on estimated access; actual play time subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.

Similar conditions also applied to early beta access.

3 Likes

Thank you. Now define outage/outages in the context of D4.

1 Like

Here’s a refund link:

There is going to be some disappointed folks.

2 Likes

If you have some problems about D4 and latency, login, and other bugs

You’re welcome

3 Likes

Thank you Strix.
/hug

Fixed that for you, and no lessons will be learned, either on the consumer or corporate side. Now, can I get my big KFC chicken mount to show my brand loyalty?

Oh there will be lessons learned on the corporate side, just not the ones we’d like them to learn.

Though at this point if the consumers haven’t learned they never will. The problem isn’t being unaware, it’s that they don’t care enough to stop buying stuff.

2 Likes

Regarding your comment, I was playing D3 last night and observed a chat conversation between two players that went something like:

Player 1: Buy D4, you need it
Player 1: You want it
Player 1: Get that credit card out
Player 2: Ya i’m kind of bored here (playing D3)
Player 2: But I don’t like what I see in D4
Player 2: I’ll be really disappointed
Player 2: Ya i’m getting out the credit card and dropping the money (paying for it) lol

Literally zero impulse control for lemmings acting as a herd and likely purchasing on an ever bloated credit card balance. This mentality is what feeds and sustains the monetization platform abominations like D4.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve also known some people who while they wont buy things they think are bad they will buy something they consider a downgrade from the previous game just cause the newer game is newer and they want to play the newest thing.

and of course a lot of people who think “I don’t mind buying mtx because it means more content for the game”(which is working out spectacularly in Overwatch 2).

3 Likes

I have been playing off and on for 3 days with no login issues whatsoever. I did have 1 disconnect. The game is running very smooth, and I have a lower-level rig. Why would someone ask about D4 issues and refunds on the D3 forum?

3 Likes

Ya that logic reminds me of the great BFA (sarcasm) days in WoW:

• “Hey guys here’s another 6 month subscription deal with a mount so you can stay involved with all the cool stuff we have planned for the game”
  • 6 months passes with no meaningful changes or even balance changes

Nolava are you trying to troll me? Are you making that rasping noise? Did you login from there server room? Did you try plugging in directly to the switch on rack #8 or #9? Is your connection on the same ISP and in the same county as Acti-Blizz HQ? Hold on a sec… are you the reason why D2R servers are tripping out?

1 Like

I’m watching numerous streamers playing D4 early access.

A few have had disconnects.
Today authenticator server hiccupped, but just for a bit.

But overall, the game play has been pretty solid. :+1:

Recently I had decided to NOT buy the game until it goes on sale, but I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve seen AND the barbarian is NOT spitting hockers… OMG plus the NPC sassy speak is not present in D4. I am so VERY thrilled about that!

So, yea, I’m going to get it now.

:coffee:

2 Likes

What changed between the server slam and early access beyond they actually maintain a record of your character progress? It sounds like you got Thanos-Snapped.

It works well Diablo Immortal though. Average 2 weeks update for DI with new legendaries, better QoL features and every 3 months with major content such as new dungeons, new set item, new game mode and etc.

The upcoming major update for DI will be on Mid-June and new class on July.

No amount of content is going to get me to agree with P2W as blatant as D:I.

I don’t care if “most of it is doable without paying”.

I also imagine 90% of the money being made on D:I isn’t being fed back into the game.