[D4] Do early access launch issues = refunds?

The point is…mtx = more content is really working well for DI.

And all DI PvE content is indeed clearable without paying.

Like I said, I can’t see the majority of the money that game is making actually being fed back into the game. The development budget is just way too small.

It’s also likely the content was planned before they knew how much it’d make, and if it made more than expected they probably didn’t go back and add more in.

Of course, we’ll never 100% know how it is but I’m sure you’ll insist it’s actually resulting in more content and I’ll continue to think even if that were the case the blatant P2W just isn’t worth putting up with.

I mean, it is hard to argue it is not considering that DI amount of content updates so far have easily surpassed in what we got for D2R, and D3 in a decade and those updates were not temporary like D3 seasonal theme but a permanent addon into the game.

Hey BossDog…do you need a game gifted? Sounds like some FOMO bro.

Hang in there, and start saving your allowance. You’ll get there some day!

:wink:

1 Like

We also saw Overwatch 1 get a lot of post-release content with only cosmetic lootboxes, and WoW’s amount of content didn’t go up when they added a cash shop on top of the subscription.

What I find hard to argue isn’t that they’re supporting the games to keep the mtx train rolling, but rather that the mtx making $200 million instead of $50 million results in more content than would otherwise be there.

Now that PvE is cancelled, it looks like OW2 isn’t gonna be getting more content than OW1 originally did post-launch despite having much more aggressive monetization, making me believe that aggressive monetization does not benefit me as a player.

It’s also not surprising D2R hasn’t gotten a ton of content because it’s a remaster of an old game and was treated as such just like every other remaster Blizzard has done.

A lot of D2R detractors around here forget that fact.

I wasn’t in D4 for the server slam.
If server slam was streamed, I didn’t watch any of it.

Thanos-snapped. :facepunch:

But WoW content should be (and still) easily surpassing those games without MTX when it comes to content updates. At least, FF14 did.

As for OW, yeah, it kinda sucks for them.

But so far, most games with MTX do have a lot more content updates and support than those games without MTX. Genshin Impact is one of the best examples here.

Whether D4 will have as many content updates as DI, remains to be seen but I do hope they will deliver because it will be a major embarrassment if their update cycle is lesser and lower than DI considering that D4 has AAA budgets.

Again my point is more about cramming every last corner of the game full of mtx vs just a basic cosmetic store. Not about mtx vs no mtx.

Of course for myself I’d take a game not getting any content updates that’s a 9/10 game over a 6/10 that gets regular updates and stays a 6/10 or eventually goes up to 7/10. Especially a Diablo game which already has a ton of replayability baked into the formula.

Modern Blizzard has already embarrassed themselves. I doubt they care so long as D4 is raking in the cash.

and I would take the game with 8/10 with regular updates over the game with 10/10 game without updates.

Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 don’t have MTX but it getting better over time due to constant updates. The base Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 are just bad. In fact, I think almost all Blizzard base games are bad to play.

Thank you bro. You caught me off guard. I had to laugh. Wife is mad now that I woke her up. I know you are poking fun at me, but I’m not excited about D4. As I stated in another thread. I nodded off while playing the server slam after drinking coffee and being well rested. Those are not a good signs for a game with me. I have been very supportive of D2, LoD, D3, D2R as well as critical of them where I believe is appropriate. For you guys who are enjoying the game, please continue to do so. I’m not on a religious conversion crusade. Fun should be the priority with respect to games… not cash or credit card advantages, pay2win schemes, battle passes, etc… and definitely don’t hobo the normal gear to nudge the players to buy transmogs. Make a great fun game and sell all the impulse accessory items without trying to put stick up the rear end of the players to get them to insert credit or bank cards.

1 Like

so basically, Blizzard is admitting that it can’t guarantee anything. That’s some quality programming right there!

edit: i see the same sad characters making personal attacks on anyone who dares criticise a Blizzard game. And yet, the mods do nothing about it…I wonder why.

“The same sad characters…” so it looks like toxicity is in your nature (too)? Wouldn’t this also make you a sad character?
I don’t care if people like a game or Blizzard or anything at all. I’m reacting to people seemingly on a crusade to bombard the forum with endless topics about a given subject in a manner that looks like spamming and trolling. This is something the mods could react to.

Anybody who knows about IT, software, hardware, different configurations, internet providers, servers etc. ect. knows that nothing is guaranteed. Have you read the terms of service and end user license agreements for at game like D3 for example?

Why do you feel the need to be a forum crusader or otherwise police the forums? There are times that one could categorize parts of your posts as trolling. I have yet to flag any post for any reason. Besides even if I were to flag a post the forum mods unevenly manage content here. Some threads/posts are cherry picked. There is no guarantee that the flagging will result in some sort of reprimand, and who wants to be the guy spanking the backs of people’s hands? People have a right to make threads. Be easy Jazz.

This is absolutely true. However, Acti-Blizz doesn’t even do the bare minimum to have confidence that their product will work on day one. How many betas did the public participate in and they still did not have everything prepared to disallow the usual issues like:

• login failures
  • login queues
  • failure to join the game
  • disconnects that are not internet related
  • lag due to game flaws or insufficient infrastructure capacity

They advertise a game and dump it on the paying customer knowing that the product is quite broken. It is only because there are members of the player community who will throw money at Blizzard no matter what Blizzard does. They could sell sugar coated cat turds and there are folks who will pre-order it, before the cat takes a dump. When you have a rabid audience does it matter if the product is finished, working properly, free of major bugs, etc? The answer is no. One should expect that there will be customer dissatisfaction, buyers remorse, and push back. However, the player community keeps telling Blizz, with their purchasing decisions, that they like those turds… that those turds are exquisite… and so, Blizz keeps delivering turds.

2 Likes

Just hope that Dogg is house trained…

Something about stones and glass houses.

Just ignore posts like that. This is why people on the Diablo reddit tell people not to come here. Trolls calling people trolls, people berated for asking legit questions, sock puppets galore, etc. Then comes the abysmal attempts at gaslighting. It’s pretty sad when Reddit warns you not to come to a forum.

I’ve yet to try the game but I have tested Blizzard games in the past. While not absolutely horrible, they are on the lower side of the spectrum when it comes to “IT” issues. I’ve played games with smaller budgets that did a better job.

It’s fine to speak out about these things. Just yawn at the aforementioned hivemind…. Diablo 3 got good reviews upon release but changed a lot due to feedback.

1 Like

So that’s the reason you’re so active on this forum.

No queues, no lag, no problems.

Lets keep it early acess only. General releases are overrated :wink:

1 Like

Can you explain that in English?

you were never guaranteed playtime. and no, you wont get a refund as you are not entitled to one. “up to 4 days early access” all in all it has been quite smooth imo. i havent had any issues. progressing my way through world tier 3 atm.

Ah, this must be why you are not playing your game in which, as you put it, $10 makes you feel very high and mighty. Posting on the forum must be much more entertaining than playing the game.

1 Like