D3:RoS Patch Notes & Themes Wiki

6 Likes

The OP has been updated for Season 30 and the 2.7.7 Patch Notes.

Happy New Year, safe adventures, and good hunting!      

Asᴋ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ;
ᴀsᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ

I do not hide from my enemies.
I do not run from my foes.
I seek them out; I hunt them down;
and then they’re quickly disposed.

~ 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

5 Likes

Does anybody know when puzzle rings have changed legendary power? Look patch from the begining. Seems that in 2.2.0 there was a rings with modern legendary property.

As far as I can remember, the Puzzle Ring Legendary Power has been the same since Diablo III  was first released. The only thing that changed was when Reaper of Souls  came out and Kanai’s Cube was introduced. And that was the ability to Transmute a Puzzle Ring to open a Portal to The Vault. That Recipe and the one for transmuting Bovine Bardiches were never announced in any Patch Notes. They were “secret” Recipes that had to be discovered by players.

There’s also the ability to Extract the Puzzle Ring’s Legendary Power in Kanai’s Cube. That may have been mentioned, in general, in one of the Patch’s. (That is: The Puzzle Ring was not mentioned specifically. Only that certain items’ Legendary Powers could be extracted).

1 Like

The puzzle ring affix has changed.

Initially, it had an affix where taking damage would “randomly” spawn a goblin. I think it had a 15 minute internal cooldown.

I have the legacy version in my stash but am away from my computer to give the exact affix wording.

I found this old reddit post with the old affix

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/ye8hj/puzzle_ring_this_ring_sometimes_calls_forth_a/

3 Likes

Okay.

The only Puzzle Ring I remember equipping, and I’ve been playing since the beginning, spawned a Goblin as soon as you put it on. I don’t remember it spawning a Goblin when you were hit. In fact, it used to annoy me because I was always hearing it gibbering (no pun intended) and I kept looking for a Treasure Goblin to kill.

If you find mention of it in any of the Patch Notes, you might want to let @Player know which Patch it was. (I’m too lazy to go through all of them at the moment).

I suspect it was changed with RoS/Loot 2.0.

I couldn’t find the rework in the notes, but the 2.0.5 notes mention buffs to the current iteration of the affix, so we know it was reworked prior to 2.0.5.

Is it a level 60 or level 70 item? That might give us a hint when it was changed.

1 Like

Mine is level 40. It was from pre-RoS and that legendary is tradeable.

3 Likes

Just curious if season 31 is patch 2.7.7 or 2.7.8.

There is no new Patch. It is currently Patch 2.7.7.

2 Likes

Season 31 have not yet rolled out. Usually the patch happens a few days after the end of the season. So, need to wait a few days before we know if it is still 2.7.7 or 2.7.8

No reason for there to be a patch 2.7.8.
Nothing new.
Maybe a pacth 2.7.7.xxxxxx to fix small bugs or a bug exploit to fix, but that’s it.

3 Likes

If there was going to be patch 2.7.8, they would’ve posted the patch notes for it already. It would’ve been in the S31 blog. But there is no mention of it so there won’t be a patch.

3 Likes

As they have to remove the shard stuff and put the cube changes in that’ll need a patch.
Non-emergency patches happen on Tuesdays, so we’ll find out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Technically they don’t have to remove anything. Everything from the previous themes already exist within the game assets, on both client and server side. All they have to do is disable the Shards and enable the cube changes, both which can be achieved with a simple flag on the server side.

As such no patch is needed. But we’ll see tomorrow what happens.

1 Like

They dont even mention the season end date like in the past in the season 31 update, so its possible they will roll it out as 2.7.8 without advance notice. Patch 2.7.7 is still about soul shards, which we already know no longer exist in season 31.

PATCH 2.7.7 | GAME UPDATES
KR Age Restriction
Updated Logos for KR Age Restriction from 18 years of age to 19 years of age.
Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin now works for Challenge Rifts.
Extra progress orb drops from the Soulshard Stain of Sin and Altar of Rites node Reaper now only drops from monsters inside Nephalem Rifts, Greater Nephalem Rifts, and Challenge Rifts.

So? Ethereals from S24 no longer exist but the theme in its entirety is still within the game. The same goes for Crucibles from S27 and every other theme. Enabling and disabling existing themes does not require a patch.

Again: no patch is needed. At most they fix some bugs and that is the patch they might release tomorrow. That however would still be version 2.7.7.xxxxxx and not 2.7.8.

2 Likes

But, it’s included in the Season 31 Preview Blog: Patch 2.7.7 | Game Updates, as you pointed out.

The original 2.7.7 Patch Notes can be found in the Season 30 Preview Blog:

If there was going to be a Patch 2.7.8, it would have been announced before Season 30 ended (2024-04-07T04:00:00Z). And, it would be deployed sometime tomorrow, 2024-04-09T04:00:00Z

3 Likes

We shall find out soon on tuesday. If its 2.7.7, then perusoe’s tracking (the first sticky post) would have saw its last update, 2.7.7. The final nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Maybe not. I just don’t think we’ll see a new Patch every Season.

But, like you said, we’ll know more after tomorrow.