D3 S30 Altar of Rites is hateful because of Staff of Herding

And? I only stated that most wont need to kill chil 1k times. Its very rare. It would also be true even if the droprate was 50%. Thats how rng works. Do u balance a game around 0.000000000000001% of the ppl? Are u autistic or something?

I didnt ask the chance per game. Avoiding the question still?

Where did u provide the answer on how many kills u do in 1h?

A attempt to check if its the right dungeon takes alot less than running to second map and kill chil.

Since u so afraid of telling me how many kills u do in a hour. Im gonna give u my number.

I do roughly 80 chils KILLS. KILLS NOT ATTEMPTS. In 1h.

With that number how many hours on avrg to get the gem? And whats the odds of me taking 11h+ to get the gem?

Stop being a crybaby. If u got no patience to farm a 5% item in a grind game then u should find another game. U are no different from bravata.

1 Like

Funny though that the one getting emotional, aggravated, aggressive and upset is you.
Meteorblade, as always, is mostly facts, stats, maths and logic.

1 Like

Why dont u two lovers get a room instead of showing up in a public forum?
Im not the one moaning about a 5% drop being too rough. Or avoiding to answer a simple question like how many kills per hour he does.

He also got 14.5k posts and u 3k posts. It rly shows how much u both love to moan. Instead of answering simple questions and getting to the point. Less talk and more game and getting gg wont be a issue.

1 Like

So, 80 kills per hour.
She spawns 80% of the time, so 80 kills = 100 occurrences of the right dungeon.
The right dungeon is 50% of the time, so 100 of the right dungeon is 200 games.
200 game remakes in 3600 seconds is an average of 18 seconds per game.

So, that’s an average of 18 seconds to start game, confirm there aren’t discounting bounties active (two of the possible bounties ensure the wrong dungeon is present), teleport to the right map, scout for the dungeon, clear two levels of the dungeon, teleport back to town, exit game. Doubtful, but let’s go with it.

Well…

…if we believe your 18 seconds per game average claim, roughly 49 out of 50 players would have it in an hour or less.

If.

1 Like

So 2-4h hours most ppl would have it if they werent slow.

Since u cant do it. Aka u being slow. Thx im done here. We figured out the issue. U slow like the other whiners.

If u cried less and stepped up your game u wouldnt have any issue. Well done taking more than 11h though.

1 Like

Because:
Welcome! Please Read:

We did. The issue is people claiming an average of 18 seconds per attempt.

1 Like

Fixed it for u. Get good.

1 Like

There was a thread about the “issue” approximately 6 month ago and I commented: Gibbering Gemstone - S28 250+ Chiltara kills no drop - #108 by KEA-2181

Well, because of the PTR now, each of the 7 or 8 times I was in act III went there to check. Chiltara was there 2 times (quite lucky!); “of course” no luck. :slight_smile: Then when I got to the Altar part where the SoH is needed I started farming the other necessary pieces. Izual had a bad day but the 9th run he gave me the plan. Created a new char and started story mode. Other than my experience from 6 month ago, it took way longer until Chiltara was finally in the mood to drop the Gibbering Gemstone. More precisely a bit more than 70 minutes. With the 30 minutes of racing through Act I and II and the bit of III that is needed it took 100 minutes with a normal speedy GoD built.

Because Chiltara is guaranteed to be there in story mode if you get the correct cave (50% chance), and with a speed built that can find the cave in ~30 seconds (not “many” possible spawning points), racing to level 2 of the cave and find Chiltara in maximum 60 seconds, one can do “a lot” of runs rather quickly, and even knowing that RNG is still a b… Patience is a virtue and one needs to have some tenacity, because growing disconsolate is not an option. :slight_smile: Anticipation is half the pleasure and when the Gemstone finally drops ambition turns to satisfaction. (enough proverbs for now I guess :wink: )

Compared to the hours one plays in a season that is still very reasonable in my very own opinion. And if one does not need the QoL options of the Altar (for me that is Double Death Breath, Double Bounty Caches, Pets Pick Up Death Breath, Pets Pick Up And Salvage, Double Legendary Chance from Kadala), one can completely ignore the SoH. But because I am a “completionist”, I’ll do that nevertheless…

All the best luck farming (next season(s))!

1 Like

You said…

We established that, if players were going at that speed, roughly 49 out of 50 of them would have the item within an hour.

But you also said…

If we assume you’re telling the truth about your speed, why did you average taking twice as long as you should, and take up to four times as long as you should?

3 Likes

I think it’s way lower than that. According to my comparisons to Gibbering Gemstone with a very well known item to have 5% drop rate, which is Petrified Scream; I came to conclusion that Gemstone drop rate must be around 2%.

If anyone want to prove me wrong; anybody reading here is welcome to do their own research. Just run Greater Rifts for 200+ times then kill Chilltara 200+ times, to compare how many Gemstone and Petrified Scream they got at the end of process. If you have time, I bet you have way more than 200 Greater Rift keys at hand this Season.
I don’t think you can blame bad randomization when you have 9-10 Petrified Screams and no Gibbering Gemstone at the end of of this process either. I’m all ears. Just don’t expect me to respect a publicly edited decade old wiki page as a reliable source. At least not for a game with hidden source code.

3 Likes

I think I’m going to make some POP CORN

1 Like

Mmhmm…

When the objective of the PTR is to test the changes, why don’t they have a Staff of Herding in one of Djank Miemes’ bags? What’s the point, when PTR lasts only a short time, for people to spend some of it farming materials for one of the nodes? They’re not testing changed builds, sets, items, theme… they’re testing their patience on this nonsense.

1 Like

Are you want to farm Staff of Herding in real world? Ok. But how it related to the Diablo 3?

Rng, talking and shorter breaks. Obv i shared the number of me farming it efficient. Why u even need to ask? I thought u had enough braincells to figure such things out. Guess not. After all u cant even figure out that some attempts take 5 sec and other takes 40 sec. And u cant even tell me how many kills u do per hour but still come here complain about it takes u 11h+. U keep avoiding to answer that as then u clearly expose yourself. Its ok we all know its a speed issue alrdy.

Even slow ppl would be able to do it in 5 h or less. As i stated before if it takes u such amount of hours then its a speed issue.

If u that slow as u claim i would recommend u to farm it with friends.

1 Like

Now there is a thought. So 20 percent of the living people you convinced to be sacrificed would get cold feet and just not show up. Only 50 percent of the remaining victims would manage to find the right location and be there for the killing to happen. And out of those only 2 percent of them would actually have the object on their person at the time of the sacrifice. Sounds like a fun time…

When I say the real world it is playing D3 not the PTR. But you don’t understand that. A lot people play this game as it is Life and Death. Not just a video game.

The PTR is not the real world like D3. Damn in the PTR I can have everything level up to ancients & augmented too. In like 1 to 2-hrs and have the Altar done to almost 98% in 3-hr to 4-hrs.

PTR give you infinite resources yes. But there is no any different rules. And I suppose you also didn’t understood me than I’ve talked about PTR. On live server it’s possible to not to get 55 primal ashes before you open a 24 regular nodes. But to open first potion (if you found any primal) you just need minimum 8 of them not all 26.
Just like this

https://caleko.github.io/s28planner/index.html?s=gQEAAgAAAwAEAAUAAAAGAAAADQcKAA4IAAsADwkMAA%3D%3D)

Why don’t the Dev’s just simply raise the drop rate of the GG to around what the rest of the parts of the staff drop rate are and call it a day. It’s just silly to have a 2% or 5% drop rate to open up a spot on the Alter after they nurfed the Alter so drastically. :thinking:
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Mmhmm…