D3 S30 Altar of Rites is hateful because of Staff of Herding

Whether it’s 2 or 5%, I showed a while ago that it’s combined RNG takes it to a worse level than simple 1 step.

End of day it doesn’t matter if it takes 11 - 50 hrs to farm, that’s more the player problem. Build is another story, CoF spawn commonly mixed with I.C but it does have exclusive spawn locations. I ve seen pub GG farming groups search the entire zone rather head straight to its locations. Then it comes to build. Why use a low efficient GoD DH where most effective bd is dash monk? Sure players have favorite classes what’s not, but this is a 11 yo game, every one should be masters of ALL builds. In my opinion check your self for problems First before blaming the game.

Drop rate combined with having to play a fast build only exacerbates the issue.

I don’t blame some people for going for a month or more and give up.

Better to give up as he isn’t build for D3 type of gambling/RNG centric games. Plenty other games worth his time, theres LOTs of options today unlike D2 era, total monopoly era with fake dominance and reputation.

I don’t mind farming myself. I’m sure most don’t. Yeah, RNG is RNG but not all RNG is equal.

:man_shrugging: Oh well

1 Like

If only ppl would do that. Then we wouldnt end up with a watered game, lacking challenge and endgame content. These days ppl got no patience and are afraid of challenges and only want everything without effort.

1 Like

But given how low value they are, and the new nerfed altar as a whole, does it really break the game if the GG wasn’t such a chore for a lot of people to get? It’s been like 10 years who cares.

3 Likes

Exactly why waste time in a season with worthless low value? Do you not have the wing from s28??? Maybe consider different wing for different seasons on altar.

tbh…removing staff of hearding req from altar is way more logical than buff GG drop rate. To make things consistent, maybe solo 150? It’s easier than farm GG.

1 Like

I agree 100%. 150 solo its way easier (in this new season) than farming for GG and also way less tedious. Lets replace the staff for 2000 blood shards!!!

It’s amazing how people get so worked up about having to spend time in a game to get something… When all the while we play games to pass what would otherwise be time spent in boredom.

(Or time we should be doing chores.)

:crazy_face:

Even you are in favor of increasing the drop rate of the GG I seem to remember.

For many, it’s not that they mind spending time, it’s that the amount of time is so vastly varied exacerbated by multiple layers.

Many are simply discussing ways to make it more realistic or have it make more sense.

~2% drop rate of an item doesn’t bother me. I’m used to much worse drop rates in Diablo 2, which that game taught me long ago that one will be vastly disappointed when targeting for a specific item to drop.

I can’t stand targeted grinding for a specific item, so instead of repeatedly running and targeting the GG, I’ll spread it out along with other activities. I can’t stand repeated Baal, Pindleskin, or Meph runs in Diablo 2 either.

If it drops, it drops. If it doesn’t, oh well. I’ll try again if I’m so inclined, or try later if not.

The chief complaint is that it’s a grindy one location task to complete that is standing in the way of unlocking double primal drops. IMO there should be a grindy one location task standing in the way of such a reward.

For me it was the grind for rare Hunter pets in WoW. That was a lot of time. It makes the GG seem like cake.

Despite all the years I played, I never aquired Loque’Nahak.

So whose doing the campaign in s30 for this so we all can leech the gem!!!

On one of the accounts in the family because it is new. She doesn’t have the staff in non-season. Plus she never did the campaign either. So I got her setup in act 3 using one of my accounts. She did 3 runs and had the Gemstone. Not say this is the way to go. I figure she was just lucky. LOL

1 Like

When I activated 2 months ago just to play for a month, I was herbing on a boosted druid and ran across him. Think he dropped a blue spellcaster dagger :smiling_imp:

Edit: Loque’Nahak’s severed Fang of the Sorcesss, which my lock alt will love Buahahaha! (its a neck)

Farming GG is neither challenging nor engaging endgame content, though. Farming the same map 50, 100, 200+ times is simply a time sink for time sink’s sake. Might as well bring back identifying legendaries one at a time.

If you are going to have time sinks, the reward needs to be somewhat equal to the time investment. Double Primordial ashes is not worth farming the GG.

4 Likes

So dont farm it.

Welcome to diablo. Its a arpg. Thats how these games are designed. Seem like u more into autoplay mobile games.

Exactly. As I have stated in many other GG threads, I am skipping GG until the drop rate is put in line with other Staff pieces.

Because previous games had bad design, doesn’t mean it should be perpetuated. Take off the rose colored glasses for a second and let’s have a look:
The reason D2 was so bot infested was many players did not like the tedious aspect of farming Pindle 5000 consecutive times among other boring, tedious farming.
The reason D2 was completely clogged with spam bots was because there were soooo many people who would rather pay real money than to be forced to farm Pindle 5000 consecutive times.

For me and many others, the beauty of the grind of D2 wasn’t farming Pindle 5000 times. The beauty of the d2 grind was I could farm whatever I wanted (usually I did a more gauntlet run), and then trade with guys like you who enjoyed farming Pindle 5000 consecutive times. In the end, we ended up with the same gear, just took a different road to get there.

I do not own, nor have I ever owned a cell phone, so not sure what you are talking about.