D3 is too heavily based on paragon level

All leaders on leaderboards are far outpacing average players due to the benefits they gain from higher paragon levels. Being a somewhat dedicated player for the past almost 10 years it’s ridiculous to see someone else hit paragon 3000 in a season when I’m only 1600 on my non-season after 10 years of playing. Obviously there exploits out there that pissants are using to gain a competitive edge. These exploits need to be removed in order to provide 99% of gamers (the ones that have actual jobs) a fighting chance to progress equally throughout a season.

32 Likes

I don’t know what game you are playing, but Paragon is nothing more than a neat bonus. It’s almost completely irrelevant to the success or strength of your character.

Paragon doesn’t affect character damage? You’re funny.

26 Likes

It does. But compared to everything else this effect is irrelevant.

People are closing GR100+ after 20-30 hours /played in a season. If you think that they have a high paragon at that point - you’re sorely mistaken.

1 Like

Ok, so 600P is on par with 10,000P…

You’re funny.

23 Likes

I’m not sure the paragon system has been out for 10 years. I think that vanilla was released in 2012 so hasn’t been 10 years yet.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think that high paragon is necessary for hitting GR 100+. But if you thing GR 100 is enough to get on any leaderboard after day 5 of any season - you’re sorely mistaken.

6 Likes

Point in question: Paragon is a passive system that does affect your damage, but not as much as you are making it to seem. Definitely not to a point of “being too much”.
Players who put more hours will always, ALWAYS be ahead of you. Paragon or not.

3 Likes

I did say “almost”… perhaps I was using that word a bit too liberally

You mean people who spend more time botting.

6 Likes

I guarantee you that it’s not their paragon, but their near-perfect primal gear sets that put them on top of the ladder, as well as playing the top build of the season.

So salty.
And also - so your problem isn’t with paragon but with botting. Decide already.

It seems you’re here just to complain that you can’t get on the ladder.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure. I played Chantodo last time around and I was around GR 115, after augmenting I hit GR 125. That’s pretty significant I think.

Can easily do a test. Ask someone who has around 3000+ paragon to push without augments and then push again w/o paragon and augments and see what happens.

I for one can notice a difference before and after adding paragon and augments.

In D3 planner. Adding a couple thousand paragon seems to raise base damage by 2x to 3x.

5 Likes

Why to idiots bot? Paragon levels.

What does botting lead to? Incessant amounts of loot.

What does people with no lives or jobs playing this game 16 hours a day lead to? Incessant amounts of loot.

What does incessant amounts of loot include? Incessant amounts of primal pieces, and ridiculous paragon levels.

The entire system is broken because it weighs too heavily on people (or bots) doing nothing but playing this game day in and day out to get more levels.

I don’t have any suggestion to correct this issue, other than maybe stop paying kids to play video games because that’s going to ruin their lives when they actually reach adulthood.

This broken-ness is the point of the subject of this post.

6 Likes

So you’ve basically had 8.6% increase to your push depth.
For A LOT of paragon levels.

That doesn’t seem significant at all to me.

Also what you ACTUALLY need to compare - is putting in 700 paragon, i.e maxing all finite traits, and putting it the rest of it into strength.
Of course 0 paragon will be significant with your character lacking crit chance, as, crit damage and a bunch of survivability stats.

But the thing is - getting to 600-700 and maxing those 50-point paragon stats is something that ANYONE on the ladder would have very fast.

But having 3000+ paragon only gives you a bit of main stat, which has FAR smaller effect.

2 Likes

I’m going to say most loot based games are going to reward players for time played. Unless there is PvP, the only thing driving folks to keep playing is invest time to find better and better loot.

3 Likes

Really, 700 vs. 3000 paragon is a small difference? LOL, either you haven’t reached that high a paragon level yet (like me) or you don’t understand how main stat effects both your damage and in most cases your defense.

BTW, I like how your profile is unavailable, I have to wonder if you’ve ever even played D3 or if you’re just here to play devil’s advocate.

11 Likes

I’m not sure it works that way. If I recall correctly, each GR lvl difficulty based on enemy HP is about 17% so 10 GR levels is about 170% difference in damage. Could be wrong though. /shrug I’m a filthy casual.

Also, that was just the difference after using augments not removing paragons. The gap is probably greater if I had took off paragon points.

And if you look at the leaderboards, 10 GR levels could leave you in the top 10 of the board to the middle of the board.

As your argument, sure you can test paragon 800 vs 3800 and with the 3000 into main stat and see what happens.

5 Likes

All I’m getting at is that one paragon 1600 DH or monk or WD or whatever with 20,000 main stat vs. another with a paragon level 2600 with 25,000 main state is obviously going to have a hard competing because damage is always based on main stat. ALWAYS.

3 Likes

Personally, I treat D3 as a solo game. It’s not just paragon points it’s all the high amount of RNG in this game that makes it difficult to compete on equal footing with others. However, I can still find fun playing it casually and taking it at my own pace. Setting my own goal posts rather than trying to compete with anyone else.

8 Likes

So?
That doesn’t change how far your push depth has gotten.

Damage increase is relevant only in proportion to enemy health increase. If your damage increases by 2 times, and enemy health increases by 3 times - you’ve effectively lost damage. Not gained.

Your damage in those 10 GR’s may have indeed gotten 170% higher. But that doesn’t mean that you went 170% further in progression.

1 Like