D2R Reality Check: Why This Remaster Is Being Made

This is the devs fault. Class builds and other strategies threads would be great.

But he is willing to ruin the game for 1,000 people out of 20 million.

Something has to be done so he isn’t on the same level of jay Wilson. Just helping a guy out.

How hilarious to screw up the mona Lisa of games and ole rod fergussons face is next to it

they have been working on d2r since 2019

it was a subsidiary merger so just like before they were activision employees technically now they are blizzard but the studio is still separate and headquartered in new york.

1 Like

the game is 21 years old the last major balance patch was 18 years ago i don’t see how there is anything left to theory craft till we have patch notes for the release.

Blizzard Botched Warcraft III Remake After Internal Fights, Pressure Over Costs By Jason Schreier, July 22 2021.

Can’t link it. May have lost link privilege’s. But that is indeed the title of the article, and where it clearly mentions the details about Activision getting involved in Blizzard developed games. This isn’t conjecture, this isn’t made up, it’s fact.

Fair enough, but that is like saying the French or Irish department of Blizzard is separate too? Based on what Blizzard has said, they are one studio. And the VV boss is now ½ boss of Blizzard. That doesn’t seem like separate studios to me.

But I’ll gladly take evidence on the contrary! Only describing the situation based on what I have read.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-22/inside-activision-blizzard-s-botched-warcraft-iii-reforged-game

Not everyone knows everything about the game. i talk to people daily who know very little. But people would just rather argue, exactly like how you responded to my comment. Always nice to be proven right instantly.

Has nothing to do with what i said. You have no insider knowledge of what blizzard plans to do with D2R. zero proof. just your assumptions.

former boss of VV she transfered to blizzard during the subsidiary merger as a vice president. and was replaced at VV.

Simon Ebejer is the new studio head if you were wondering.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-01-22-vicarious-visions-merged-into-blizzard

sums it up nicely though they don’t specify which type of merger it is but it does indicate the studio will stay in new york and has a new studio head so it’s still a subsidiary studio.

1 Like

Have you been reading anything I have posted? I have been stating, from the beginning, that it’s not Blizzard deciding what and isn’t going to be in D2 R, It’s Activision that will be deciding what will or what will be implemented into D II R. Changes or no changes.

…Thats not how major corporations work. Rod fergusson will be making decisions on any of the changes. Unless something extremely important and specific needs to be up-channelled through their parent company, which almost never happens. You think Rod has to ask permission to add or remove anything from the game? You clearly have never worked a programming job and know zero about game design. You’re just sh*t posting pretending to have knowledge that you don’t. as i said.

The way these things actually work is the parent company influences the staffing and culture. Those who wish to succeed at the company know what they are supposed to do because of this culture.

No she is not Vice President. She is one of the Co leaders along with someone from a former Microsoft dev. President was removed after Jay Allen Brack was let go from Blizzard.

in general sure, but thinking the head of diablo has to ask the CEO of actvision about every tiny change in HIS project just knows someone who has a child-like understanding of how any business runs.

Dude, I already gave you the proof you need. If you want to ignore it fine. But don’t sit there and deny it’s existence. Activision is the parent company.

Well yes, again though that’s not what is being suggested would need to happen. In the same way government operates, corporations have an established culture that is dictated by its most higher ups. Everything is downstream from that. People will not get promoted who do not abide by this culture, written or unwritten. And those who do get promoted understand why. This culture does not need to be directly discussed daily and micromanaged for it to play out.

yes she is now… but during the transfer of VV from activision to blizzard she was given the job of Blizzard executive vice president of development.

as part of the move, Vicarious Visions studio head Jen Oneal has been promoted to Blizzard executive vice president of development, where she joins the company’s leadership team and will report directly to Blizzard president J. Allen Brack.

Oneal is being replaced in the Vicarious Visions studio head role by Simon Ebejer, who previously served as chief operating officer for the studio.

“Jay Allen Brack Resigns As President of Blizzard Entertainment, to be Replaced by Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra” Blizzard Watch by Matthew Rossi, August 3 2021

Further in the article it states that Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra are the new leaders not president’s. Both were promoted. Not just Jen Oneal. Unless your source is recent towards the end of August or just announced in September.

wasn’t trying to argue was just pointing out that all the numbers have been run basically there are quite a few sites that you could find pretty much any info you want about d2lod on, it is true that people just aren’t looking them up but all we could do on here is restate old info not theory craft.

yes she is NOW but in January when the transfer of VV from Activision to Blizzard happened she was given the title of BEVPoD just under Jay Allen Brack, so technically she wasn’t the head of VV for 7 months prior to becoming the co-lead of blizzard entertainment and VV already had a new studio head when she first moved to blizzard.

So was Jen Oneal a apart of the corporate heads for Blizzard before Jay Allen Brack was removed?