D2:R needs a trading post

Aaah, it is soo nice to read someone every now and again with real sensitivity to the subtleties which made D2 great. This reasoning is exactly why so many of the conveniences so many people seem to be posting here now would tragically damage Diablo 2. I think this kind of trading post idea could be OK, considering D2JSP, but I’d prefer a less automated system. Blech to forum gold, :nauseated_face:
(Though I understand it’s hard to trade the best items)

Forum gold is regularly exchanged for real money. It doesn’t matter where. Gold sellers in WoW “give gold in game” for Forum Gold - and then sell that forum gold elsewhere.

Trying to dissociate the two is silly. Yes there are people who farm FG and buy / sell with FG and never buy it with real money, but they are few and far between.

It would be much easier to have an auction site like PoE does to be honest.

2 Likes

Gold is functionally worthless, end game, outside of gambling. It’s also obscenely easy to get, this would not stop any spam.

Really, d2jsp was the best platform for item trading that existed in D2LOD.

no, the auction house was a horrible idea for D3 real money or not.

here is my suggestion: join one of the existing trading communities online or build your own if you dont like them. Keep the trading ingame as is.

1 Like

You want to trade?

Then spam chat like a man.

1 Like

What about using forums that already exist for trading?

2 Likes

There are already a way that’ havealways been use and is better than a TP with restrictions.

Also what’s wrong with JSP? It is the lifeforce of D2 trading. You make it sound like it’s a disease.

OH YEAH ITS A REMASTER.

You are very perceptive. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

True, POE and POD both did it very well, but i don’t see blizzard spending the effort, so I’m wagering we’re stuck with JSP

2 Likes

Create an in-game trading platform.

Problem solved.

1 Like

Blizzard could make a trading site. Isn’t that a necessary discussion for Diablo 4 anyway?

D2R doesn’t need trading post…nuh uh!

2 Likes

I would love to see the entire game description box (aka “script”) be fully utilized. There is a huge amount of unused space we would use to better describe our trades. Not only that but there is plenty of room we could have several items listed for trade and several we needed. I’d rather see this happen than a trading post.

seems like we had a similar idea haha, probably means it needs to happen:

1 Like

You can go look up and watch the Deep dive yourself bud. They distinctly mention trading sites and definitely encourage it. Zero chance blizzard is going to add anything and even less of a chance they would actually try to sue any 3rd parties. Did they shut down JSP because of WoW? Is JSP still up right now with all their blizzard games? Yes? Then theres a 100% chance they won’t be doing anything about it for D2R either. :joy: Be grateful we have alternatives to JSP like https://diablo2.io/trade/ and quit living in a fantasy world where blizzard starts creating perfect barter systems in remasters. (or in any of their games)

2 Likes

Yea we may need for trade just as PoD or PD2

No sorry.
I actually like D2 to be oldschool, also when it comes to trading. It is actually fun to trade with another player from person to person. The entire deal can become funny or weird, really depends…!

Also it is fun that not everything is accessable by the snap of a finger.

1 Like

This would be in addition to the ‘old school’ method. I never suggested replacing it.

Those who want to strictly trade via the original way still can. Those who want to trade via the trading post can do that as well. Those who want to do BOTH can do so!

2 Likes

See y’all on JSP! FG for dayssssssss