Diablo II: Resurrected Barter House

In Diablo II there are several ways of trading:

1. Channels - You list item/items in chat channels and socialize trades.
2. In-Game - You list item/items in in-game chat/create or join game and socialize trades.
3. DII Forums/Fan Sites - You list item/items in Forums and socialize trades.

The idea of the Barter House could either be a centralized area in one of the acts(preferably Act 1 since new level 1 characters start in Act 1), or have a Barter House in each Act to make it easier to trade for whatever Act you’re currently playing in. There could also be many variables when trading. Example: In WoW, if you put up an item for trade say for 12 hours. You pay a deposit of gold to post the item. If no one buys the item in that 12 hours the item is refunded back to you, and you lose your deposit. This would be a way to use some of our game gold in D2R. So, this Barter House would be a WoW type Auction House, but instead of trading off your items for game gold like WoW, you’re trading off your items for other items at a cost of game gold if no one buys your item/items in a certain time period. Or, it could leave out the deposit fee, and just put up items for items(this would include D2R game gold as well). This would make another way of trading items in D2R on top of the three we’re all used to(Channels, In-Game, and DII Forums/Fan Sites). The Barter House would be good for Console players as well! :slight_smile:

This is a picture of all 4 maps of the Rogue Encampment. If you notice that in all 4 maps the tent on the left is always in the same spot compared to the other larger tent/buildings! This would be a great spot to put the Barter House, or in this case the Barter Tent! :smiley:

14 Likes

I think you should be able to take Charsi in there and barter for some goods and services.

5 Likes

I Like this, Even More so If the Trade window Is Full screen, Lol

1 Like

They Made all the Toon 20+ older But all the Text 20% smaller Gah Like My eye sight has improved Lol.

2 Likes

las runas se convertirán en la divisa mas usada para comprar

1 Like

Word vomit. This is word vomit. My head hurts reading this lol. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I’m for almost anything that speeds up/makes trade more efficient. It’s very easy to NOT play this game - spending time/effort on the meta-game, muling, etc.

Anything that gets me back to H&S faster is something I’d definitely like to see.

3 Likes

The Barter House is just another way of trading other than the 3 that we’re all used to. Sometimes the other 3 may get slow, and the Barter House will have what you need, or even what you want to put up for trade. Also, like you said you can put your items up for trade in the Barter House, go H&S, and come back when you have free time, etc. to check on your Barter House items, and check for items you may need! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best way is an inventory tab where everything you put in it is listed on a searchable website for trade. Wish they’d do that. Makes trading so easy.

2 Likes

this Barter House would be a WoW type Auction House

Ew. No.

3 Likes

Barter house is just auction house I take it?

2 Likes

WoW type Auction House, but a Barter House meaning Items for Items, not Items for Currency(like WoW game gold)!

Nope. Auction House is for either real money, or currency. Barter House is Items for Items(includes D2: R game gold, too)!

2 Likes

Yea I suppose that could work.

2 Likes

I love the idea of a barter house or barter tent. But it does not go far enough!

Diablo 2 Resurrected needs a barter town! It would be a special map that you can join with a maximum of 1000 players, it would have guild houses, the Diablo 2 resurrected dueling arena (revives hardcore dueling deaths).

(194) Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - Bartertown [HD] - YouTube

1 Like

One man enter, one man leave! lol

4 Likes

Would be funny that way, but would work where all 8 players in a game can still click on the Barter House for trading.

That’s not what he meant you pure pure soul :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What do you think of an auction house that only allows runes for payment? Just to simplify and speed up the exchange?

1 Like

No reason to gimp and slow the system by only allowing runes in my opinion, idea is to allow which ever form of payment you see fit, so you can specify more then one medium of payment, some of them can be runes some items or any other form of tradable item you may see fit

1 Like

I like the idea.

If you have an item for sale, you put up two choices to buy it directly.

For example, let’s say you were selling a Bonesnap. You put Option A as in 3 P Skulls, or Option B as Pul rune. Unless the Buyer has either of these in exact amounts, buyer cannot buy it, even with Vex rune. I think it would streamline a lot of tedious trading.

2 Likes