D2:R needs a trading post

Here’s another thought on trading and storage space, perhaps in addition to a trading post… An actual “mule” character:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/character-mule-suggestion/

The game is going to have an economy. We need better trading tools, Blizzard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s say I need a Ber rune for an Infinity and don’t need anything else. I have a Shako, Ist, Vex, several skiller grand charms, and bunch of Uber Keysets. I then create a post seeking all my items for 1 Ber rune. It will be very difficult to find a buyer and then I will likely have to spend a long time selling each item separately for a rune with similar value and then upgrading these runes to the highest value possible all while doing outside the game through 3rd party website. Creating these posts sometimes that require a “screenshot” of the item can be time consuming. This is the reason why I want Blizzard to implement in-game trading system where it won’t take too much of my time to setup a trading post (if wanted by most of the players. I’m fine either way).

Also, most of the third party sites aren’t created solely to help other players without profit. I’m not saying there isn’t one but it’s almost never the case. These sites often have their own merchandise or make revenue off of advertisements, or seeking buyout when it succeeds, etc.

Despite all mentioned above, if you are against d2jsp or other sites that are involved with trading in D2, no other third party sites should be allowed unless it is owned and maintained by Blizzard.

Hey man i don’t disagree at all. I 100% wish blizzard had its own in-game trading system and we didnt have to use ANY third party sites. Even for information like runewords and cube recipes. all that stuff should be in-game.

I’m only stating that out of all the sites i’ve come across, https://diablo2.io/trade/ seems by far the most well made and trustworthy. The site owner is really cool and has been working on it for years and is just getting all the information filled as D2R launches.

You should check it out, it has A LOT more than just trading. Way more. And the forums are filled with much much better posts than this one. lol

3 Likes

Many games have already implemented a trading post.

Blizzard just needs to bring them in or modify them slightly.

It all depends on Blizzard’s efforts.

I never did in the original game either. Only really traded with friends, which was really just giving each other items not really a specific trade. Zero desire to deal with random people I guess. Only time I’d create a game that was item related was to throw random crap on the ground for people to take.

I really hate trade in games like D2 in general honestly. I did a lot of stuff on the AH in WoW and a bit in the trade-post in Guild Wars 2 when you can just trade conveniently without having to deal with people directly. In Warframe I only reluctantly traded with people a handful of times because I really wanted certain weapons and mods and had no other alternative.

No, you don’t need to do any of that?

all you have to do is make an in game hub for trading no website required.

Ok i guess ill re-phrase.

Do you really think blizz is going to create an in-game trading hub when that isn’t part of the original experience of trading? cmon man.

They touched on trading in the D2R deep dive. How they “made sure to make the lobby system to preserve the D2 trading experience”.(for PC< obviously consoles got screwed) So they definitely aren’t going to be making any in-game hubs, auction houses or anything like that. Just the sad reality. I’m just grateful there are other people who created 3rd party sites to take up the torch in blizzard’s lazy absence.

Well the problem with dealing with an auction house VS real people, its sooo much easier to rip off noobs in person. :smirk:

2 Likes

Yes they can, if they are willing to remove TCP/IP from security reasons, they can make an in game hub for trading for the same reason, in no shape or form is it out of their scope

A trading hub can be in an act 1, in game vendor, doesn’t have to do with anything about lobbies

I asked if you think they WILL. not if they have the ability. They obviously have the ability.

Doesn’t matter. Its not a part of the D2 experience so it wont be added into the remaster. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

so is JSP buddy, either way 3rd party sites should be dealt with in some manner, an in game hub is just a compromise

1 Like

So is JSP what? i dont get what you meant.

And ya man its a good compromise im sure. the only thing im saying is its obviously never going to happen. So 3rd party sites are here to stay and we should utilize the good ones and leave the bad. So https://diablo2.io/trade/ would be the “lesser of two evils” VS D2jsp.

2 Likes

I feel like Blizzard may use that as an excuse not to put in the work to add a decent trade system. I completely disagree with that logic though.

The original game had third party sites and tools for trading from the very beginning, so adding a modern official site seems pretty justified to me. I could see it being on a web site outside the game rather than in-game (or a combination of both).

i guess i should’ve been more clear. I said that because that’s what blizzard is obviously thinking and how they worded it in the D2R deep dive. They aren’t going to massively change a core part of the game like Trading by adding anything like a hub or separate section.

1 Like

It should be as easy as in Project Diablo or other mods.

You should just be able to copy the item ingame, then post it in a trade section and wait for offers.
The buyer should be able to copy the account name and paste it ingame with his pre-defined offer text.

I am fine with “after 7 days the trade post should be auto closed”

The items should not be “on hold” or smth like that. Seller should always be able to sell it ingame at any time.

2 Likes

look at what I quoted on that post.

not if Blizzard decided to do something about those sites, I agree a different site with no “FG” is the lesser of two evils but it’s still a 3rd party take on something that should be built in house

1 Like

Forum Gold cannot be turned back into real money.

Yes, you could trade it for money (by going somewhere other than jsp to make the trade), but that’s true about in game items and high runes as well. The forum gold itself still exists in those trades - it cannot be converted back into cash.

They literally said they know D2 players use trading sites and have no intention of doing anything to them. By the sound of the D2R Deep dive, they even encourage players to use it. So no, blizzard isn’t going to do anything about it. Like i said, 3rd parties are here to stay. no need in trying to vilify anyone whos actually trying to help the community due to blizzards laziness.

2 Likes

The lobby can have a better search feature with an optional game description and an ability to narrow down searches, e.g. trade oculus shako, where Trade is the game name, and where the description contains oculus and/or shako. Players can be added to a watch list, similar to a friend’s list, to check if they’re online and their status is AFK. A mailbox can be added where messages are automatically deleted 24 hours after being sent, or the whole whisper system can be improved to store and display old messages in a window separate from public chat that is easy to maintain. This opens communication and supports the system currently in place, instead of creating an entire elaborate system divorced from it.

And yes, you may object to any and all of my suggestions here, because I don’t care.

The system that is currently in place works fine for me, as I rarely trade, anyway. A giant global market where values skyrocket as a result of everyone having access to everything is a waste of my time, energy, and capital, so I stay away from them.

That’s simply not true, you are welcome to link the exact timeframe in the video where they said it or any other source you would like.

Someone made a suggestion for a barter house, where it would be in game currency/items only, I think that could work, I think that would make the perfect compromise.

3 Likes