D2R must change

terrible mentality. you shouldn’t be gate-keeping games. Changing things and improving them will only invite more people to become long-term veterans.

We all start’d bad at D2. We all have doing our own research to improve ourself with the game as it was, we all play’d it as it is. And we still love it.

No reason for some people to not stay and enjoy it as we enjoy’d it before. And then became “veterans”

And again, i’m not against some minor changes, just it have to not break the core mechanics and destroy all the meta and the gameplay.

You could not handle the feedback not aligning with your opinion, so you call them all people born after 2000 or having just played D3. Both of which you have no way of knowing, and the survey from Llama included a question asking how many hours of D2 you had played.

3 Likes

you are right. A lot of returning users I know want to improve QoL and they are not young or D3 players.

3 Likes

I’m an old returning player and I want more than just a QoL change. Game is stale and flawed. Give us some additional content, rebalancing.

2 Likes

I like most of OP’s suggestions, viewing them as fairly benign QoL upgrades.

One thing I’d like to add about stackable gems/runes: I’d prefer a separate, shared stash tab, especially if it had an “Upgrade” button that I could press and all the runes/gems upgrade to the max amount possible. Like POE does with the Essences tab.

This would save me a hell of a lot of time NOT playing the game, and I’d even pay a few bucks for each of them.

I think everyone (more or less) agrees with that including Blizzard. D2/D2:Lod will stay as is. D2R has changed relative to D2/D2:LoD.

Subtlety is lost alot around here… :wink:

that’s your opinion and I disagree.
More of you Purist are so Worried they Change the Game Yet here they’re changing Skills FX that didn’t need to be changed and Yall have nothing to say about that. and talking about the time we’ve played a game isn’t bragging it’s a discussion but you must’ve missed the concept that’s communication. taken my statement outa context.

2 Likes

Older players that have been playing since the beginning grew used to constant changes and updates. After a while the game became abandoned and it stopped receiving updates. It was during this drought of new content that many players that do not want updates started playing and that’s why so many of them are fearful of changes, they do not realize it used to be normal.

That’s why so many older players are excited for the Remake. They are asking for 10+ years of updates and content all at once. The requests are expected to stop after these older players get the most popular requests such as a dedicated inventory for charms. Stackable Gems and Runes. And buffs to mercenaries.

2 Likes