D2:R Feature request/Suggestion

Blizzard,

Please consider adding unlimited respecs to D2: Resurrected as an option that can toggled or activated in the options menu, or before starting a new character.

I think being able to change your build without too many restrictions or jumping through too any hoops was on of the few things that Diablo 3 really got right.

It also makes sense with limited character slots; Do I really have to level up a new Amazon, or go farm a Token of Absolution every time I want to try a different skill set and different pieces of gear? I’m in my late 30s now, and don’t have as much time to dedicate to playing tens of different characters or trying to find someone to help powerlevel me.

Respecs will allow for more build diversity and experimentation, and will lead to more fun. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to make this game my job.

I understand that a lot of players want a ‘pure’ and unchanged Diablo 2 experience, but holding onto this pointless thing is silly in the year 2021. There is nothing inherently difficult or challenging about rerolling a new character because you misallocated some points or changed your mind. It is just a time sink, or a chore you have to perform before you can continue having fun.

Choices in games are always good; they allow for player accessibility and allow players to tweak games to suit their needs or tastes.

If players do not wish to use such a feature then they wouldn’t have to. Making this a feature that can be toggled/activated is a reasonable solution that should please everyone.

Please reconsider allowing infinite respecs as an optional feature for the players who want it. I really don’t understand why some players are obsessed with limiting this choice for others.

It completely makes sense as a QoL option.

1 Like

I hope they add mouse and keyboard support for console. Just seems like a common sense thing but I also realize most console players aren’t gonna do that. The option just would be amazing.

Please go away with your D2R crap. You have your own forum now. Bye.

1 Like

There’s no reason why players shouldn’t have options unless it’s a question of technical limitations or massive rework/development.

I’m neither a programmer nor did I develop the game, but since it is essentially a ported PC game, I reckon that it’s quite reasonable to implement.

Please go away with your D2R crap. You have your own forum now. Bye.

That forum didn’t exist when I first created this thread.

You seem very personable and well-adjusted.

1 Like

Might not be working properly for console players - see #ConsolePlayersMatter.

1 Like

Just try to reply to a topic… I did and i got logged in automagically on there… and i don’t have D2r

see reply on #consoleplayersmatter thread

As it turns out there is a Console forum over in d2r land with the same fails as this one here in d3 land… which was pointed to earlier in the topic. Never did I imagine they’d pull the same BS over there even with d2r logging users into battlenet… actually just thought it was the license validation not working properly and optimistically thinking they’d sorted this issue out for console players.