D2R disabled Ultrawide.... So upset

Unfortunately quite clear that Blizzard is cutting corners with D2R :confused:

Modern feature in a game that is being face lifted from over 20 years ago.

Right. Ok.

Glad we got that sorted out. Personally I don’t care. Anything is better than 800x600 4:3.

Nice to know those that have ultra wide monitors are too pissed to enjoy the game. The other 95+% of us that play on non-ultra wide monitors are going to enjoy it just fine.

I mean… Sheesh.

1 Like

Well that sucks.

I already have a version of D2 that has a standard ratio, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, so why would I spend money on a “reborn” edition?

Oh that’s right, because it is a huge upgrade in graphics. It looks sooo good now. But if the whole point was making D2 look better, why the hell remove one of the biggest visual improvements to the game by removing ultra wide screen. Makes zero sense.

Well glad I found out now, because I was going to buy it when I got home tonight. But this is a lost sale as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

People are mad because it worked during the technical alpha, and has since been removed. Just like they removed TCP/IP play.

I’m the equivalent of a 16:9 arguing that 4:3 is a bad standard to set your hat on back in the 2000s. You’re the guy saying “I have a 4:3, looks fine to me lul.”

4 Likes

What do you all do when you can’t watch most movies and TV shows in ultra wide?

Complain on their forums too?

16:9 is a largely universal standard format that most people have, between TVs and computer screens.

Just because a few of you have more and they tried to support it but obviously failed doesn’t mean its the end of the world.

Frankly even if I had an ultra wide monitor it STILL wouldn’t bother me. You all are being bothered too much by crap that doesn’t matter that much.

And that’s my opinion. Like it or not.

Game on.

3 Likes

Yeah this is absurd. Can’t believe they chopped this.

I’m on a 36" 21:9 1440p and it is honestly hard to ignore during gameplay. Party frames overlap the chat. Chat is absolute huge takes up 1/4 of the screen. Black bars sides. Screen has never felt so cluttered and claustrophobic.

To quote another user:

2 Likes

D2R on launch day will make Warcraft 3 Reforged look like a game of the year…

They’re already breaking their promise(s), by removing TCP/IP. If you think that’s the only think they’ll remove than get ready for a big surprise on launch day or at least in the first month(s) after release.

They didn’t even care to make Gems and Runes STACK (a QoL change I was waiting for before even D3 came out) which for me is a total NO BUY…
Not too mention many mods won’t work anymore (PlugY including probably for Single Player).

Won’t surprise if they remove Offline Mode Single Player in first month or 2nd, 3rd after release, cause of “security reasons and to provide players with a SAFE enviroment to play the game”…

Multiplayer games (once ladder is enabled) chat will be swarmed with “Sale Items Sites” and botters with THUD users will be running wild, just to sell their OP items on Ebay or D2jsp…

2 Likes

That would be impossible at least, as long as it launches with it. But yeah, time will tell if they launch with it.

i would honestly not be suprised if they removed offline single player, to avoid exploits.

Yeah I shouldve posted there but there are threads there as well and on reddit. I was initially so upset when creating this thread that I posted it here without thinking.

If you want to move the thread, you should be able to still. There is a pencil icon for the thread creator by the title text that if you click should allow you to move the thread if you desire.

At this point I’d rather keep it here for more visibility. The thread over at the feedback has alot of people discussing it as well.

Ultrawide was touted as a feature during the announcement. To remove it now feels so disappointing. I really hope they reconsider this. I tend to avoid any games that dont support it, even if its my favorite game of all time.

I still play D2 windowed from time to time. Mine as well stick to that.

features are subject to change without notice. im pretty sure thats an important thing to keep in mind.

And you clowns all pre-order hahah watch Blizz WC3RM this remaster

Yeah theres always hope. True. I just hope were being heard.

they could cancel the whole thing right now, and delete everything, and then just not refund anyones money.

im kidding, but, i do think companies are evil enough to do that.

Yeah this is Activision. Wouldnt put it past then to do something like that, if it wasnt illegal haha.

even if it was illegal, activision would just pay the fine like its no biggie.

I PO’d the game yesterday and refunded after finding out they removed UW support. Will purchase again if they add it back in for launch.

2 Likes

I refunded my pre purchase, because the remastered version is too costly to run on my PC. And that i already have diablo 2, perfectly configured already and i could run 10+ diablo 2’s for the resources of one remaster.

thats a general issue of all remasters that happen to have the game still work on modern OS’es, to be honest.