D2R disabled Ultrawide.... So upset

It was working flawlessly in 21:9. It was pulled clearly because the very vocal minority of pvp players.

1 Like

Example here of showing it not working that well. Longer teleport range. Monsters struggling quite a bit with their reactions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izNaudjwRVk

Yeah precisely. It comes down to whoever has the most forum gold.

I watched that and the spell distance makes sense. It works as it should in my opinion. The enemy reactions are fairly normal to classic D2, no? I question myself as I think about it, but if you had enemies on the very edge of your screen, didn’t most of them stand/pace there? If so, this mostly looks fine. I should know this, having played D2 more than any other game lol.

Feel free to correct me if wrong, but yeah, I do think the enemies standing still at the edge of the screen is normal. But not the part about monsters not aggroing after being attacked.

Such as what this comment describes:

After the bow was fired at the enemies on the side of the screen they started moving, but they were not “Aggro’d”. They were just doing a basic AI movement to get out of harms way, which is why most of the time they walked away from the user. The gargantuan beast just happened to eventually stroll close enough toward the player to “see” him and be properly aggro’d.

Seems like the gargantuan only “locks on” to the player after it gets within 16:9 screen distance.

Dissapointing! 21:9 and UW was confirmed pretty much right? I have no real interest in PVP I just wanted to play the game in full ultrawide glory. So please Bliz let us have an option for full UW support!

1 Like

“Ruin the entire experience”.

Ok, hold up here. We’re talking about a fractional minority of D2 players that PvP. This isn’t that big of a deal.

Like said earlier, if you’re that serious about PvP to the point that you think a singular piece of hardware is going to “ruin the entire experience”, then it’s on you to get that piece of hardware.

Otherwise, you’re just dramatically exaggerating the impact this has on your experience.

I would need to see more and experience it myself, but yeah that shouldn’t happen, granted, there are things in D2 already that are like that. You can easily cast traps, hydra, etc. and be far enough away and/or behind a wall that they just freak out (some might find you and some might not).

Well, here’s hoping they get monster detections sorted out and put ultrawide back in.

2 Likes

You mean like the people that find it unplayable with black borders at the sides?

I didn’t pay a premium for a nice monitor to just not use it because its deemed unfair in PvP on a game I wont even PvP with.

There are ways to make appease both crowds. When hostility is enabled, they could make black bars reduce your vision to 16:9.

Why do they outright need to ruin ultrawide users experience.

5 Likes

Doubt it was last minute. It just seems that way because of how close we found out to and during beta.

just asking but why is this not in the D2R forums where it should be so the dev’s can see it?
Oh and please do not say you can not post on D2R forums to get in beta you had you buy it.

1 Like

Disable in multi (even if using /players X) and enable for solo.

At least then, solo players finally get something.

1 Like

Black bars don’t really need to say any more

Why stop at 16:9 then, let’s go back to 4:3 boys!

1 Like

Who cares. This is the D3 forum.

3 Likes

It was probably far easier to disable it than to fix issues with those that have different size monitors.

Not to mention the small percentage of players with ultra wide monitors in the first place.

Okay, so they kind of disabled it. They just added black bars at the edge of the screen, but you still get more screen space.
imgur / 1uRjHwo

Seems like they might have cut the part of the screen edge where the monster AI was failing?

Ahh yes, far easier to disable a modern feature in 2021 than it would be to make it work. Sounds like cutting corners to me.

1 Like