D2 Resurrected: Things that needs to be changed

Yeah, and some people says needing to turn off the new graphics for it to work etc …and some people say it’s harder to mod it which confuses me since in the QA I heard they are making it easier to mod…hmmm…

here’s hoping i can get plugy so I can get ubers and ladder runewords and anni charm :D. But maps randomly generated in SP when using plugy is something I dislike tho…

A system that encourages you to leave the vast majority of loot on the ground in a loot-hunting game seems far more like a design flaw to me.

4 Likes

Do you pick everything with daisies in a split bounty session of Diablo 3 and take your time or speed through and only pick legendaries to avoid overfilling to town portal back every 3 minutes? Same intention. You’re welcome to call it a flaw as much as you want. Series followed the same design point as gameflow; just you haven’t realized it yet. Wait for Diablo 4 if you want to hoard everything, don’t try to sink your teeth at a 20 year old game.

1 Like

Again, a system that encourages you to leave most of the loot on the floor in a loot-hunting game sounds far more like a design flaw.

Your reasoning that the limited inventory is there for people to be selective on what they pick up is pure nonsense. The limited inventory is there to limit the number of pots you can carry (another design flaw of D2), which is also most likely why charms occupy inventory space.

2 Likes

I can’t speak to the design of any of that, I will say that inventory tetris isn’t very fun in a modern game , though the purists seem to enjoy it.

i would like to have the option for action bars like console, if someone is raging against this, it does no harm to you if we have options.

i would also love to have personal loot, shared loot is the only thing keeping me away from public games most of the time.

Yeah ok none of this is happening. LUL

1 Like

Yeah, as long as it’s optional, I’d have no problem with a skill/action bar for Diablo 2 Resurrected.

1 Like

Inventory space one client can have is about server handling and bandwidth. Potion spam being broken is only one aspect of a bigger picture. They already gave you a larger inventory yet you demand more inventory space to fill it with charms.

I’m sorry it’s not. Look at Diablo 3 if you haven’t realized it yet, I even gave you example on split bounties yet you chose to ignore it. What’s your argument against it? You’re telling me both games “failed”?

yes, it would be nuts for them to just make it skill bar lol, since the action bars already is in the game design it should be pretty easy to have it as an option

MrLlama talked about this pretty recent i think, and he put wery good arguments for why a inventory designed for charms would be wery good and healthy for the game. Gilthas is not all wrong here

1 Like

Concern is they already gave you extra inventory space and each client will have theirs limited in an online environment. No, even if you like it so much they won’t give you unlimited space, not because they hate you but they can’t due limitations at memory or bandwidth.
If they were to give you a spare inventory for charms, no one can guarantee that it’ll be as big as your main inventory space either. You’re asking to limit yourself without knowing it. Spared space for charm inventory can be as large as damn horadric cube for all we know because server only would allow you to push it that much.

While it can be a good pseudo “quality of life”, the game flow is not balanced around you filling your entire inventory with junk items to sell it. In Diablo 2 you don’t even recycle scraps, you sell them for gold to vendors which would eventually negate the gold sink and penalties you may suffer at the long run by accumulating gold faster.

charms came in LoD, right? and i dont think the inventory became larger at that point either. so i would argue the inventory is not designed to have such large amount of stuffs kept in it. maybe they should make charms smaller and have a max number you could have “active”?

That was the idea back in D3 beta with Talisman, which was scrapped later for reasons unknown.
I’d just sit and wait to what they come up with, if such change is justified and won’t disturb the game flow, the developers won’t hold it back. Again, it’s another conundrum why they waited for 20 years if it didn’t disrupt anything when they have the model infront of them without hundreds of fans yelling at their ears. It’s pointless to debate.

Sometimes, I wonder if you can see what your typing? There are half a dozen threads and hundreds of people begging for more inventory/charm space.

1 Like

Whole lot of words for what amounts to defending players warping back to town more often to vendor trash. Because the other downside is when in group play, you had to decide if you wanted to tuck charms away to make room for quality loot that does drop before someone else scarfed it up. Neither reality is what I call a win-win for the player.

Pragmatically, a charm inventory should be a thing where only those in it would be active. It should allow 3 grand, 3 large, and 9 smalls (24 slots, or a 6x4 grid). This size would also roughly emulate what players went on to carry. Size restrictions cut down on people going overboard with +skill GC, while putting a bit more emphasis on quality LCs.

Otherwise, we can’t really pretend gold was vital in D2. Gambling was its best use and even that was very much a “the house always wins” scenario with how unlikely it was to roll a higher tier unique. The rest was just a nebulous death tax because punishing players teaches them or some archaic BS.

2 Likes

And have you checked other outlets besides here before D2R announce? There are dozens of threads opened about this subject but developers said silently no every time. I hope that enlightened the subject abit more, they’re not deaf or blind and I can read what I wrote clearly.

No need to change a thing, this is not a remake.
Why do always people wants to change things??
D2 fans enjoyed to play the game back in the days without any complaining.
But now, everyone complaining about the small things.

This game is back because D2 fans wanted a remastered, and you D3 fan boys should stay with D3. Stop try to change whatever you want in a D2 game you didn’t grow up with.

After what you wrote It looks like you are more than a Diablo 3 fan and not a big Diablo 2 fan. If you even was a D2 fan you wouldn’t change things in D2 Ressurected. Do you know what the different between a remake and a remaster is?

Funny, that’s the same argument pro-D3 fans had about D2 systems. It sounded just as batty back then, too.

I want D4 to innovate on the D3 systems and make them better, not try to go back to D2 systems that are dated.

1 Like

Have you got a link to the QA where it’s stated that D2R is easier to mod please? Looking for a definitive answer on this subject and I’m finding contradicting information.

Gamestar has done an interview with the developers where it was stated that only graphical mods will work, mods that alter game files will not be supported.

Thank you.