D2 Resurrected: Things that needs to be changed

After what you wrote It looks like you are more than a Diablo 3 fan and not a big Diablo 2 fan. If you even was a D2 fan you wouldn’t change things in D2 Ressurected. Do you know what the different between a remake and a remaster is?

Funny, that’s the same argument pro-D3 fans had about D2 systems. It sounded just as batty back then, too.

I want D4 to innovate on the D3 systems and make them better, not try to go back to D2 systems that are dated.

1 Like

Have you got a link to the QA where it’s stated that D2R is easier to mod please? Looking for a definitive answer on this subject and I’m finding contradicting information.

Gamestar has done an interview with the developers where it was stated that only graphical mods will work, mods that alter game files will not be supported.

Thank you.

I’d be perfectly fine with Blizzard drastically reducing the amount of charms you can carry. I just want to be able to actually pick up loot. And they didn’t increase the size of our inventory.

D3’s inventory is FAR bigger than the one in D2, items occupy at max 2 slots, pots stacked when they existed, gems stack, no arrows, stash is FAR larger too. It’s not even comparable.

Edit: And I never said that the games failed.

And that was 20 years ago. Games have come a long way since then.

2 Likes

You obviously never played any MODDED D2 LoD games or even tried to MOD the game yourself if you think I’m more a D3 Fan.

I for once played many D2 LoD games and even modded it myself countless of times and it’s modding that really kept me interested in the D2 LoD.

I could play the game the way I wanted and not like in D3 RoS how the devs want me to.

Many of the suggestions I mentioned above come from MODDED games and some modders even tried to make potions stack, but usually they failed. They even found out how to auto pick up Gold, how to increase the max gold you can carry in your inventory or stash, increased the max 800x600 screen resolution to 1280x720 and even up to 1920x1080, but unfortunately only for 1.12a patch…

Every single modded game had an increased inventory size and plugy (infinite stash pages), increased horadric cube and some even increased trade windows from merchants or gamble…

Some mods offered mercenaries with All item slots and more than just one skill used by them which wasn’t really that hard to make if you were really into modding yourself.

Some modders even found out how to make arrows and bolts “like quivers” in D3 and have different item quality for example magic or rare arrows or bolts with no quantity and it worked with the game.

Many also wanted to make gems and runes to stack unfortunately it was never made to work in D2 LoD, so not adding stacking Gems and Runes would be a major flaw in D2R and honestly 100 max stacks isn’t much compared to max 5000 stacks for gems in D3 RoS…

If you want to make a good remaster you should focus on what the modders used change in the game and make it an in game feature or at least close to it, cause you can’t have plugy like stash system in multiuplayer obviously, but many other features or increased stash, inventory, horadric cube size or even a bigger field of view when you change your screen resolution unlike D3 RoS where’s there’s NO Difference between a 800x600 and 1920x1080 (check multires MOD for D2 LoD to see what I mean and try to compare the difference between 800x600 and 1920x1080 and you’ll know what I mean)…

A REAL D2 LoD fan notices such things and doesn’t focus only on better graphic or music, cinematics, sound quality…

Btw. even now there’s a lot of people that want a special Charm inventory, check this thread if you don’t believe me:

2 Likes

They didn’t back out on trading or PvP on D4 yet. I don’t think they will and any pro-D3 fan still complaining about those features. If you can make them change charm system in D2 with social media pressure, that’d be such an achievement that I would enjoy with a bag of popcorn. Now they’re remastering D2 and will keep everything intact because that’s what a remaster is.

If you’re not fine with either, you can keep playing D3 as it goes nowhere, don’t demand to change an old game as you never interested in playing it at the first place.
Also, Rod Ferguson mentioned that next season there will be something coming up for D3. You won’t even remember D2R when it came out as you all be too busy playing D3 and never were in the target demographic of it.

You can do that yourself by something called “self control”. I honestly have no idea if I can even explain how your logic is flawed, but it is flawed. You’re not in a contest with anyone, at least not in the field of stuffing the most charms in one’s inventory.
Problem’s solution resides within you, if that was what you wanted. Don’t expect them to push server memory and bandwidth further because you’re restless and complaining about a 20 year old feature just now like it’s the problem now.

You can pick up loot if you spare space. Only PvP builds are meant to hoard charms and stuff their inventory with it to the brim, PvE builds ought to spare some space to identify a few pieces at once and filter loot pickups besides the charms they carry.
As for picking up items, D2 do not have some sort of passive magic find benefit as D3, so high quality loot won’t rain on you as you step out of town square. You don’t need your entire inventory to identify 3 piece of important looking items.

That’s sort of irrelevant, even if their design points are different you still do the same thing; filter out bad loot and not even touch it.
In D3 you don’t even identify anything or attempt to use magic/rare items once you hit lvl70 at all; that’s unless you’re a devious fan of challenge rifts. You pick up trash and salvage them in D3 so you can recycle it back in Kanai’s cube.
In D2 you look at rare items that might replace your slots and identify them only. You’re not looking to salvage or mainly sell them in mass to the vendors either. You supposed to look at the equipment slots you might need and pick them up in hopes to wear and use them.

Both expects player to filter out loot by their eyes, one does it by split-speedfarms and incentive is recycle and another does it with ever growing progress filling up inventory with incentive of finding something useful as loot is scarce. Why is it hard to grasp after 20 years?

That’s true, but It doesn’t mean we have to change the whole gameplay and what’s in it.

For all the talk of keeping to the original, the most jarring changes to me are the character appearances in the creation screen. Why ? They were perfect the way they were, you just had to repaint them like the rest of the game. Everything seems off about them. Where is the badassery, the sexyness ? They are soo boring and underwhelming. I hope they get iteration passes and quick because to me, this undermines the whole ‘‘keeping to the original’’ project.

No I haven’t, and I don’t want to play Diablo 2 with mods because I like how the game is. I can understand you like mods,
Blizzard have confirmed D2R have mod support
No need to change the entire game because some people like it :+1:

Diablo 2 remaster won't replace original, will support mods | Rock Paper Shotgun

Diablo 2: Resurrected won't affect Diablo 2 classic, unlike Warcraft 3: Reforged | PC Gamer

I hope plugy get released shortly after D2:R got released then. However, some people say it might be too hard to do (if i understand correctly) …hmm…

I guess you didn’t play the real vanilla version of D2 in a long time, if ever.

How about…

No.

I would just overall say no to most of that. An option maybe for single player? okay, but the rest I dont think so.
I dont think most people that spout off changes have put much thought into how it would really change the game. The snowball effects beyond just hey look they now stack.
Its like WOW classic where all the new guys say simplify this or remove this. Why is this so hard? Lets fix that. Eventually most of the game plays itself, and its very simple and takes no skill to do.

1 Like

I am going to start building a crap PC off the grid just so you can’t GREED it up with ONLINE UPDATES like you did with Warcraft 3 you greedy mofos! TY BLIZZ IS DEAD!

Dude, I said that I wouldn’t mind them drastically reducing the number of charms that you can carry in response to you saying that more inventory would allow more charms. Context matters.

No it isn’t. I don’t have to make as many runs back to the hub in D3 as I do in D2.

No, but they could add more quality of life features to resurrected and keep them as options. There’s a reason most people stopped playing D2 decades ago.

Why even change things in a masterpiece game?
People stopped to play because of spam bots and Diablo 3 released.
And the graphics was a little bit outdated.
This is why a lot of people stopped to play Diablo 2.

Diablo is a fantastic game, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have flaws.

Like I mentioned earlier, there are plenty of reasons why I don’t play D2 as much nowadays, and a lot of them are because of outdated mechanics.

I understand you about flaws,I noticed a few when I played. It depends what flaws you mean. But I didn’t mind really, because I loved that game. I’m gonna get flash back when I try to play Resurrected and It will be a good feeling :smiley:
I just hope they don’t do much changes