D2 remastered animations

so you’re saying its visual only, not actual, functionally slower, and 2, you severely don’t like david brev. noted, and not surprised you hold that negative opinion.

Never said I hate him, huxt don’t really care about his opinions. He had his time, has done nothing of relevance in the genre since.

Again, you need to learn that criticism does not mean hate or negativity. And D2 or Brevik aren’t beyond criticism.

this is a good one today.
Its the internet, we can argue about d2 vs 3, brev and how much you like em or don’t, your slams on these two things that you come back and fish for a way out to say they aren’t really slams but they were but they werent.

Lol.
Just be truthful big guy, you dont like d2, brev, me, what i say, and love d3.
Your actions speak the opposite of your “no i never said this or that” continual responses on here.

You slam, get called out, backtrack.
On repeat.
So, stop slamming d2 / brev / me / what i say, or, own up to it when called out.
You keep “no i didnt say that i swear” lol.

That would be pretty silly though.

Usually it means exactly that. It is in development and lots of things are not finished yet.

Yeah, seems most likely.

Correct, except,
when has blizzard overhauled their visuals in alpha?
Never.

That’s the sticky stuff that’s costly hard already-shown they dont like overhauling.
I find it a 1/2bil chance they’d tone down the engine flashes going on, the char’s movement, when they already shown it.

Is it possible? Realistically no.
Tech-yes, so, lets go with real, since its like 99 pt 9 they wont redo this.
Its not an even weigh on what’s up for redoing at alpha.

Something like skill damage or UI this or that you bet, but they wont redo how chars move and look this is their personal twist on d2 and its really serious and really bad.

How would you know? We usually dont see much from their alphas.
WoW graphics changed dramatically during its alpha.

Diablo 3 chose the other path.
You probably are correct i never played wow, why would anyone during diablo 2’s prime.

I mean, many ppl diablo 2’d into wow vanilla, i wasn’t one of those since d2 was obviously cool enough. Not saying classic wow was lame apparently it was just as cool as diablo 2. For bragging rights d2 didnt have wow to copy, wow had d2 to copy (the parts it wanted to).

ooh thats super funny, randomy brevik just said “the exlamation above the head…that came from diablo” as i typed this lol. I didnt even know he was talking about the same subject i was at the same time. that’s seriously funny, i already was saying the same thing he was saying w/o actively listening to what he was saying then that comment hit right after i hit send on the comment. Justified for sure.

wow netdecked diablo 2 where it could…diablo 3 tried to netdeck diablo 2 then tried to burn half the cards and make their own…basically that’s how it happened. Then hs came around and was op until info share rubbed it’s face in the dirt.

Whether someone played WoW is not particularly relevant for how it changed during alpha. Very few outside of Blizzard played that.

That is exactly what some of us has been saying for years, when silly people claim D3 copied WoW. It didn’t really. WoW copied D2 (and later even D3).

I mean for sure, think about the drama going on back then how tense that was.
Brev and like idk who else 3-4+ big time ppl leave blizz…wow comes along…

In todays pathetic tech dominated world where it’s too much tech it’s hurting all our lives…they’d have a streamer or 100 showing diablo 2 to blizzard going “top 10 things to copy off diablo 2 for wow launch” and stuff followed by “sub to my channel” and all this.

I’m testing the amazon right now.

The animation is definitely not a walking one. It might feels a bit slower than the original one, but that’s because the animation lines up with the movement speed now while the original doesn’t quite do that and the Amazon sort of “glides” a little bit(I can toggle between legacy and new graphics with the press of a button to compare the two side by side).

I can confirm that the actual movement speed is unchanged.

The biggest change in the feel of the game is the fact that the new animations aren’t capped on FPS. Diablo 2 was capped at 25 FPS and even in D2R the legacy graphics option still runs its animations at that framerate.

The new graphics feel more responsive and smoother simply by virtue of running at a higher framerate. That’s just a fact of 60 FPS vs 25 FPS.

I went D2 → WoW and yeah, WoW took a lot of notes from Diablo 2(and unfortunately later would take a lot of notes from Diablo 3) but Shadout is still right: WoW changed drastically during it’s alpha and beta lifespans.

and the visuals were part of that.

There’s also an alpha screenshot of Starcraft out there that looks much closer to a sci-fi Warcraft 2 mod than it does the actual Starcraft that we got.

Blizzard changes visuals during alpha a decent amount.

2 Likes

Fair, they didnt for diablo 3 tho that is pretty correct.
So basically the animations are for looks, they took one of the differentiators of diablo 2…a fast appearing running char…and chucked that out the window.

I think that’s awful.

It’s alpha, it’s time to give feedback. Don’t understand post making it sound like it’s the end of the world.

At the end of the day, you the consumer have the decision to either buy the game or not. If you’re unhappy with the end result, vote with your wallet and move on.

So many bigger issues out there. OMG the amazon looks like it’s running… the sky is falling… wahhhhhh wahhh wahhh.

I’m kidding. So with you on this one.

Well they rebuilt everything in a 3d engine from scratch, and the running animation also isn’t exactly slow either. Like I said, the amazon is very clearly still running. The exaggeration of your OP makes me half-way wonder if you didn’t see the actual walking animation.

There’s still some cleanup on the animations I can see they could use, but overall I think it’s actually more realistic than the original one.

Guys keep in mind this is single player only. The most awkward movements were in multi from what we saw at Blizzconline reveal. It’s like the syncing causes troubles with movement display of other party members. It could be that big latency leads to even worse situations. I am just guessing of course.

Watched like 2+ hours of Rhykker’s stream, the game just looks fine IMO… At least I didn’t notice anything wrong with the movement/s :slight_smile:

What is your deal? I enjoyed D2, not as much as one and definately not as much as 3. For some strange reason you want to believe I hate 2. There were things in 2 that made me like it less that if changed would vault it to the top. But those changes haven’t been made nor will they.

There is something legitimately wrong with people like you that think because someone doesn’t find D2 to be the best game of the three they mist hate it.

So please point out my back tracks. Have I not known things and apologized when corrected sure. But I’ve been pretty consistent on the key issues here. D2 is far from perfect, D3 is far from perfect. I preferred D1s atmosphere to all three. I prefer D3s combat and build experimentation. David Brevik was good when he had a solid guiding hand in Blizzard and hasn’t done anything worthy since.

So where have I back tracked. Ih wait, you just don’t like anyone who likes D3 or criticizes D2. That’s your problem buddy.

If you wouldnt attack my posts / me we wouldn’t have this situation, so please, leave me alone, i wont call you out for your stance that shows in your posts. its not like i seek out your posts and talk to you, i reply to the attacks you throw at me.

The easy way to forum is to chime in on posts and say “no wrong” without examples.
you do this, and its bc you dont want to open yourself up. most ppl do this, its lazy, its easy, its no risk, its safe, but its also not constructive.

Thats why i type a lot, too much i admit, but not too little bc there’s always examples for ppl to copy paste quote later on should they want to talk. which you see. I dont make a post “d2r suuuucks yo swag” or w/e trash quality we see these days, bc there’s nothing here its an empty opinion.

I might change my btag to “empty” and just say “no wrong” to like everyones post forever, to hopefully get ppl to connect the dots. I want to but it would have to be all gamered out with a 3 instead of an e to appear all pvp about it and serious secret lab about it ik so redic serious gamers make me worried for them.

When you come along its “i dont care what brevik says” and then no elaboration on that. So, that’s your mistake. The l word logical take on that is “this guy don’t like brev”. then you go corner up and say "no i didnt mean that’. When, if you’d include an example, or elaboration, then we can see why you dont like him, how much you dont, how little, w/e, you just do these jabs and bounce, then corner back. Dont jab and bounce, it leaves everyone guessing, and nobody convinced, that’s how the circle starts.

I was going to rip my eyes out if I had to scroll down any more for this answer. Only been browsing a few min here but it looks like a pretty even mix of vets and kids whos first blizz game was overwatch XD

Seriously?

And I doubt Brevik would agree with you.

Again you ar confusing criticism for hate.

Plus I’ve espoused why I don’t think his opinion is relevant before. Meteorblade says is as well below.