D2 remastered animations

Short and simple.
Watching Raxx play Amazon D2R alpha.
Alpha’s usually don’t overhaul big things like this.

Zon’s movement is visually slow. She pivots before changing direction, like a special move in a PS1 game or something. She looks like Leon from Resident Evil 2 throwing a zombie off her, and not like Diablo 2 where chars movement at least visually is faster and looks more responsive.

Idk…Vicarious Visions botched this.
The Zon never appears to run, as if the “walk” animation is now the “run” animation in the remake. When she pivots the Zon slants like 30 degrees and then changes direction. A “rustle” sound effect comes in like the leaves are rustling when she changes direction too. She looks like a touchdown drill in basketball football tennis or so when changing direction.

Game is not amazing bc visually it’s got shortcomings.
Lack of attention to detail here on Vicarious Visions’ part.
Who wants to play a walking, bouncing, Resident Evil 1 looking Amazon in Diablo 2?
Changing D2 is great, botching it is not.

“How do i get my char to run?” is the thought now with this remake.

2 Likes

Thanks for telling us, the D3 players in the D3 General Discussion forum.

2 Likes

Amazon sucks anyway, who’d play her?

PS: we don’t care.

1 Like

Yes, am i supposed to talk about d2r on the d2r forums or is there some barrier to joining those?

Thank you for being polite kilo.

1 Like

It’s called preordering. If you wanna talk about it, BUY it first. Or stick to reddit.

4 Likes

Thank u
Kilo liked to pretend there was no barrier with his slam earlier.
He tried to act like its free to go over there.

I like how you suggest preorder like it’s not known that’s the reason not everyone talks over there.

“buy it first” sure can you lend me money to do that?
Exactly.

Whos got money in 2021? You sure do, that’s great, go spend.
Us poor folk, we don’t have your extra cash, and certainly don’t slam others for being poor.

It is in alpha stage. Use your friggin brain.

2 Likes

Alpha means big things get changed?
Lol. Nice one.

Correct, big things like how the char visually appears won’t get changed, alpha hit, it’s done.
it does not look good, at all, so, it’s a botch.

any questions?

I misunderstood so i ment that it will change. Sorry i’m not a native english speaker. But you know what? Don’t like it don’t play it. No need to ramble across the forums.

why? because you don’t like hearing a critical opinion about a game on a related game’s website bc there’s a real financial price to talk on that game’s forum?

Just bc YOU dont like something doesn’t mean its not welcome.
The entitlement.
“i dont like this, so stop talking”.
Worlds a better place when comments like those go around right?

1 Like

What ever ramble a round if that makes you happy.

Or you could own it and be like “yea i have no business telling people what they can and cannot post” instead of “go ahead and ramble”.

Taking ownership for what you do is a good thing you know, instead of finger point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resurrected/

1 Like

I’m not stoping you free speech is for every one. I just don’t care anymore about the negatitivity.

They added the pivots on purpose so their movements felt more realistic. But they’re not supposed to move slower than they did in the original. If that’s the case it needs to be improved.

This is the gold question.
Are the chars moving slower, or just appearing to move slower.
Either way it’s a slowing down visually or actually of the chars which is obviously not something anyone asked for.

Nice to stay on pt instead of trashing someone for not paying money to buy a game to talk on those forums lol. the entitlement of those ppl is so redic. besides being rude behind a keyboard.

It like playing a Tauren in WoW, you move the same speed as a Gnome, but it looks like you are running underwater. Everyone is so used to seeing it run at 24 frames. So now, everything is moving at the same pace/speed, but in 3D you see animations at 60 frames so it just feels slower.

3 Likes

Not saying this is incorrect.
Are you certain they don’t move slower, and it’s just visual?

Either way its a major downgrade, nobody wants slow appearing, console style pivoting, slowly, chars in diablo 2…like diablo 2 has never had that appearance on it’s characters…something you you know, stare at often.

Its a small, but gigantic spin on a game.
Listening to brevik talk right now too, id love to show him this and be like look, look what they are doing to the game, changing d2 is the right way for sure, just not this trash way.

Going off how they built the 3D. It’s the old game running under a visual veneer. Can’t imagine that would make things slower.

As for Brevik, don’t care what he had to say.