Current Diablo playerbase

plz personal loot because i can’t compete in a game
plz loot filter because i might miss that one item that will change my life forever
plz automated play so i don’t have to click my mouse
plz more inventory for my charms because… well because
plz only pvp when i allow it, how dare they be hostile to me
plz remove stamina bar because i can’t stand rpg elements in an rpg game

This is what playbase nowadays is.

Do you really think Diablo 2 became a legendary game because of all this above? No. Every game has it’s limits and Diablo 2 was in a sweet spot. A few QoL developers showed us are acceptable but anything else is not QoL, it’s changing core of the game.

You’ll have mod support go and make yourself all of this and see how many players actually lasts there and how many will play old good D2 on CBN.

46 Likes

I seriously wonder how many spoiled manchildren will be crying on the forums and reddit on the first week about player hostility.

“Some guy hostiled me in a chaos game and killed me, and then said 1-0 sit kid”
"Remove hostility, I know i can make a private game, but still… :frowning: "
“I reported some guy for hostiling me, I hope he gets banned!!!”

Will be popcorn entertainment.

+1 for this thread though.

24 Likes

Pls personal loot because I cant compete with a AUTOMATED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WITH A 0.5 SECOND RESPONSE TIME

there you go fixed that for you

19 Likes

lmao

20 characters required

2 Likes

jus git gud breh!!!

2 Likes

mooo :smiley:

20 characters

current? you mean the one thing people has always wanted to change? did you play back in the early 2000´s? stash and personal loot was some of the most wanted changes.

diablo 2 did NOT became legendary because it had some trash loot system, minimal stash space, a stamina bar etc. thats just some flaws of the game that you accept because the rest is good.

20 Likes

There was no personal loot talk back in the days, yes i did play it, season after season when the game was released. People didn’t know what the heck PL is yet - it only came down to crying that someone took item faster than other.

Is glass half empty or half full?
One consider it flaws the other consider it game design.

8 Likes

yes people has always hated the way loot is dropped. just because you and 10 others like it does not mean its popular.

yes because consider it a game design it cant be crap, come on bud

9 Likes

Actually no. PL are the vocal minority on the forums and i feel quite safe because this will never happen in Diablo 2. It’s enough to take a look at Classic WoW, TBC or WC3:RF to see that Blizzard never makes such drastic chages to the old games.
Keep at it though, Diablo 4 is coming. xD

Pretty naive to believe every single piece of game desgin will be perfect and flawless. cmon bud there are no perfect games free of “crap” because everyone likes something different.

6 Likes

im pretty sure shared loot is a vocal minority of old players that cant move on and admit something else is better. games changes all the time with patches and add ons, you have yet to give a good argument to keep shared loot.

but every sh*tty feature is something that can change for the better, stop being so naive.
would it hurt you to have an option, create a new game with either shared loot or personal loot? would that be a bad thing?
if your argument for that is splitting player base you are just afraid that only a handfull of people will stick to shared.

4 Likes

Patches do comes yes for the games that are constantly in development and has content released on regular basis, Diablo 2 is not that game anymore, it has moved to Diablo 3.

Addons? you mean mods? yeah something like Project Diablo 2 that many people play and are quite vocal here.
Then why not make a mod that allows PL get all you shiny changes going and leave the original be. Would that be bad?

I can give you one single reason for shared loot and its Ladder economy.
8 times more loot per game, 8 bots in a single game running 24/8 with 8 times more loot.
Items and runes will be worth as much as gold before even season ends.

I have yet to see any good reason for introducing PL apart from people crying their loot was “stolen” from them.

7 Likes

no i actually meant like expansions where more drastically changes often comes.

why having to play a moded version when you could have it from start? would it be that bad to have an option when creating a new game for what loot option YOU would want?

i dont know how people really believe the drop% would stick the same. you would get NO more items from a single run with personal loot from shared loot. it would have ZERO impact on ladder economy.

i have yet to see any good reason to keep SL apart from people crying they will not have the same chance of getting items or that its always been like that.

2 Likes

Let me rephrase this for you just so you read it carefully.

eight times more loot per game

I never said you get more loot.

This will have quite a large inpact on the economy.
If they introduced personal loot then they’d need to decrease drop rates for multiplayer games accordingly.

Think i’ll end it here. Clearly you lack basic understanding of how things works. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’m goiing to put this as nice as i can f of with your PL crap

1 Like

no mate, it really is you here who dont understand. explain to me HOW it would be 8 times more loot per game? if you really think it would not scale and give the already fixed loot drop to the party i dont know what… but lets keep it simple.

you kill 8 monsters, 8 items drops from them in shared loot and everyone can fight to click them asap. cool the party now have 8 items more.

you kill 8 monsters with personal loot that would still drop 8 items, only that you saw 1 item drop and got it, while another player got 0 and another got 2. after all the group would still have a total of 8 items after those 8 monsters.

so tell me again, how would it be 8 times more loot per game, or do i really need to explain again, but in another way maybe?

1 Like

lol cruising for a ban there brutalness you wont have to ritually refund your pre order at this rate.

3 Likes

the carebear tears will be epic

2 Likes

how do bots get into your private game?

2 Likes

The “player-base” you describe is not the actual D2 Playerbase.

The people that play D2 to this day, love D2 the way it is, hence playing it to this day for 21 years straight.

The people that make all those demands for changes are:

• D3 players bored out of their skull with D3 and “Double Goblins”, trying to turn D2 into D2.5, and then when it launches, they move to Immortal, and then immediately to D4, and thus disenfranchise all real D2 players.

• People that have never played any Diablo game, but purchase anything Blizzard sells

• People that were not born when D2 launched

• People that know D2 faintly from having total play-time of maybe 100 hours over the past 20 years, and frankly are not “D2 Fans”.

• People that hate games that require time-investment, patience, knowledge etc, and call people that have these traits “Elitist”.

• People that spend 4 hours per day on the forums whining and moaning making demands for changes, 30 minutes per week in-game, of which 25 minutes are idling in the chat lobby, trying to find a game they can leech off of, but then complain when the runner or other players are faster at snagging the loot.

IMO the real majority of the D2 playerbase, is not actually reading or writing on these forums, and people like me are just statistical outliers. The real D2 playerbase is either busy playing D2, or they are busy playing POE or some other game until the next Ladder Reset of D2/POE.

20 Likes