Crusader Shadow Clones - Will you be fixing these?

The season’s been running for two weeks.

I wonder, are there any plans for you to actually fix the shadow clones for the Crusader class, where two of the variants disappear within seconds of being spawned, due to them using the Falling Sword ability, and never coming back down from the sky…

If it’s not possible to resolve the issue with the Falling Sword ability, could you at least make it so only the variant with Blessed Shield (the one variant that doesn’t use Falling Sword) is spawned?

As it stands currently, Crusaders are at a significant disadvantage to the other classes as two thirds of their shadow clones never do any damage.

6 Likes

Don’t forget the lag outs too. These clones have ruined several GR pushes due to the lag they cause. They were really fun for leveling up, but in GR120+ I have to be mindful of these little bastards.

2 Likes

I get a laugh every time they jump up and vanish.

Reminds me we are in maintenance mode so we should be thankful.

1 Like

So it wasnt just me thinking my clones were hiding somewheres. Guess they did just disappear and only lasted like a few seconds.

1 Like

When will the fix this, OMG!

they are useless anyway so why bother. they know better how useless are they in higher gr.

There are greater issues than this affecting the game… Knowing Blizzard after only 1 year… I can see how they don’t care that much. Just waiting on the next game that will make me forget this glitchy, bugged out game with poor balance that even the community can fix…

1 Like

I guess you missed all the guides about using clones to level from 1-70 at T6… which didn’t work out well for Crusaders, whose clones disappeared instead. Also, the clones can still be quite handy well past GR100, i.e. in early season / gearing they can help a lot.

Just because they’re not particularly useful in end-game pushing (which isn’t something lots of players actually do) doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be fixed.

Quite possibly but, if they can’t fix the clones disappearing due to using an ability, it should be quite an easy fix to just cause the clone variant that doesn’t disappear to be 100% of the spawns instead of a 33% chance.

2 Likes

Dude, USELESS. in the first week you reach paragon 1000 even as casual player and after that you have to run higher then gr100. with paragon 1000 you can easily one shot everything so you don’t need shadows anymore. so what are you going to do the rest of 2 months and 3 weeks? still be paragon 1000? If you aren’t going to play the rest of the months then the shadows are USELESS again for you.
If the theme can’t help you while pushing gr, then it is USELESS. Only the 4th cube is helping you. Past seasons oculus on the ground helped you, having RoRG helped you, LOD buff helped you. But those shadows help you only for the first week and that’s it.
I played crusader at start and even if i didn’t have shadows all the time, i as casual still progress fast enough to 70.

Well, that was a long way of saying you don’t care that the theme’s broken for one of the classes.

2 Likes

Oh wow

And i thought my WD had it bad with the clone that would sit and spam Poison Kiss while out of range of anything, doing zero damage

Because it is useless. The only good thing about this theme is the leveling from 1-70 and maybe reaching 800 paragons and T16. After that you don’t even care if shadow spawn or not.
Of course i want it fix but even if they fix it what good it will do? Nothing. :slight_smile:

Not sure if we are playing the same game but the clones are quite useful up to the 110s.

Does make a difference what class you play as some of the clones are better than others.

1 Like

That’s funny, because they’ve still been helpful to me clearing solo GR120+ on my Barb. I gave up on my Crusader, deleted it days ago. Not purely because of the clones, but it was a contributing factor.

yeah nobody wants to play with crusader rgk. But i am playing it purely to collect the items for the non season cause i don’t have RGK. This game is all about trash killers.
In one public game i was asked to leave because they wanted more trash killers even thought i can kill every elite with couple of hits.

It would be nice if we could get a response to let us know if it’s even being looked at or considered.

Personally, even if it’s a “Sorry, we can’t or won’t fix this because xxxx” at least then we’d know and put a period in it and move on.

Knowing our luck the answer will be coming out of committee about the same time the season will be ending anyway :roll_eyes:

So that’s why they keep disappearing. I noticed often they disappeared when I would charge forward on my horse. I assumed that it had something to do with them going off screen and not coming back to my location.

Uh… I think you might want to look ip what “casual” means.