Crusader -- Last Minute Request for Blessed Shield

Get through your Primals → Ashes conversions, then see what kind of space you have left to work with.

I totally hear you on the FotH lag, I nagged about it Week 1. Part of the problem is the Fissure rune, it lags out the game badly on non-season without Steed Charge.

They can bring the pony effect permanently, but they HAVE to restrict it to a specific rune. Retribution is perfect, it is pretty to look at, it feels like a you’re punching enemies with holy powers. Something like this would be incredible for FotH:

Khassett’s Cord of Righteousness
Fist of the Heavens costs 40% less Wrath and deals 400% more damage. Every two seconds, call down Retribution on a random nearby enemy. After casting Steed Charge, this effect occurs more rapidly for five seconds.

This forces us into Holy element, you can take Divine Well, or Retribution for manual casts. If you wear SoJ, you can manually cast Fissure (only recommended in solo games).

5 Likes

I believe I have agreed with at least 95% of your Crusader ideas. I only hope that at some point the devs actually listen. Are you going to continue playing D3 to any extent after D4 launches? I ask because you seem to care and put forth the effort for Crusaders like myself, and your ideas will always be welcome.

5 Likes

I have not thought this far ahead — it all depends on the D4 end game experience.

I usually do revisit previously played games and will check out PTR stuff.

D3 remastered has been recently discussed. If they ever redo this game a few years from now, make it cross platform, fix all of the numbers and ensure most gear can be productive to use, add a few systems and features to help broaden the end game and loot hunt — i’d come back to play it.

1 Like

Not a bad idea to increase damage to one target. Not sure is 1000% is the number or not, but also not sure it isn’t lol. Don’t know the math on it, but I like that idea.

altar buffs effect everyone. why do you guys keep saying “hurrrrrrrrrr altar helps crusaders” when it literally effects every class?

AoV can literally be removed from the game. I’m over it. It’s been the top build for the past 8 seasons.

That’s what I was pointing out. Re-read my post again before you go off like a lunatic next time.

1 Like

Whatever you decide, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

I honestly hope it’s more of a reinvented more than a remaster. They need to get away from the design of boosting certain skills and focus more on general modifiers and gameplay changing items. My opinion of course.
I enjoy the game for what it is but it would be truly amazing if they injected choice. Targeting specific skills through sets/items with multipliers will never equal true choice.

Anyways, regardless of what you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

You call that going off like a lunatic? Weird…

Speaking of the Blessed Shield or known as captain america skill whatever.

Roland set should be benefits with Blessed shield as well.

Set Bonus:

Every cast of Shield Bash, Blessed Shield and Sweep Attack that hits an enemy reduces the cooldowns of Laws and Defensive Skills by 1 second. Also Akarat Champion cooldown reduced as well but only while Akarat Champion is active (2 pieces)

Increases the Shield Bash, Blessed Shield and Sweep Attack damage by 25000% (4 pieces) (upped from 17500%)

Every use of Shield Bash, Blessed Shield or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 100% increased Attack Speed, Damage dealt and 75% damage reduction for 8 seconds. This Attack speed and Damage dealt effect stacks up to 5 times. (6 pieces) (previously damage reduction stacked as well but not gives exactly 75% damage reduction so it should be better this way)

Blessed Shield related legendaries;

Akkhan’s Manacles: Blessed Shield First enemy hit damage increased to 1000-1500% and also this damage bonus reduced to 33% of this damage to subsuqent enemies. Also gains every runes of Blessed Shield except piercing shield.

Akkhan’s Leniency: Well… Damage bonus increased to 150-200% from 30-40%

Gyrfalcon’s Foote: again… Damage bonus increased to 400-500% from 275-350%

Shield Bash and Sweep Attack buff requests maybe later in this forum or another one.

6 Likes

10 posts later about fixing Crusaders … Blizz boosts Necros.
100 posts later about fixing Crusaders … Blizz boosts Monks.
500 posts later about fixing Crusaders … Blizz boosts DHs.
10k posts later about fixing Crusaders … Blizz boosts EVERYONE except Crusaders.
I think i got the message.
Why do people still keep posting to Forums about Crusaders if the last 3 years nothing is done to them?
“Don’t you guys have brains?”

4 Likes

I want to personally thank you for your ideas. I appreciate any and all ideas from the community. We need all the help we can get. If you or anyone reading this has more to share, we have a thread trying to focus all improvements for Crusaders.
Season 29 - Redemption of the Crusader! - Crusader - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)
Have a great day friend.

1 Like

Traded mine for a buff to Crusaders.

1 Like

This buff plus a single target component added to the build would make me play

1 Like

or add blessed shield to rolands set

3 Likes

İ requested already and with some buffs
:slight_smile:

Apparently there were attack speed issues with Roland’s and Blessed Shield.

Here is a comprehensive Seeker of the Light rework that infuses Blessed Shield into this set, while reworking other aspects of Blessed Hammer:

3 Likes