Could UE hungering arrow build work?

now obviously we need the ptr but was wondering if this could potentially do more dmg than multishot, we can dual weld calamity/dawn for the extra CD/speed and marked for death HA scatter would peirce and fly everywhere with the dmg bonus from things like simplicity, depth dig and the revamped quiver in cube also belt I don’t know the math on it but could this be a thing?

1 Like

Short answer is yes.

3 Likes

I guess I should ask to is it worth it over multi?

Both Bola and HA will be stronger UE MS in non season but not by much, a few GR’s roughly. We’ll know once PTR drops for sure.

1 Like

You don’t want to use Calamity. It would be a wasted slot, as Calamity marks the enemy after the hit. Therefore, unless you are fighting a single enemy, you (almost) never profit from MfD damage bonus, even if you cast MfD manually every now and then. The only rune that doesn’t weaken the DH is Valley of Death.

Haven’t thought about a new Generator-UE, but I’m sure that DiEoxidE is right about it. I will check this on PTR, too. :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

It’s not going to be as good as the new set, unless they make some serious mistake when designing the new set.

1 Like

The new set is currently looking like a +15000% damage bonus to Primary skills.

UE beats that with JUST the baseline amount of Discipline. Considering that you can get up to 96 max Discipline, UE is going to completely smash this set…

In fact, M6 will also completely smash this set with it’s current numbers, and Natalya’s is only slightly weaker then the current set. Hungering Arrow new meta!

Heck, it’s quite possible that we may see 4x DHs in the upcoming meta, all using Primary Skills. Bola build for Grouping (Since each bola shot groups all targets), Entangling Shot for damage support (150% bonus damage there, basically +7 GRs on it’s own), Hungering Arrow for trash clear, and Impale for RGK.

The cold HA can do some great single target damage with +70 multi per pierce. Probably not as much as Impale,

UE HA is very strong. It might be close with impale. Also, UE bolas is insanely fun for T16, even if it won’t beat MS for speed. Glad it’ll be an option now.

I’ve been playing with UE6 HA/Entangling with Endless Walk/CoE/Elusive.

Running dual primaries and Endless Walk make it a pretty chill UE build. Don’t have to keep Focus/Restraint up and maintaining hatred isn’t an issue. Also don’t have to worry about keeping the Squirts buff up.

With similar gear, this is a 2+ GR increase over UE/CC.

I think a HA / MS build will reward skilled players with a couple more GR’s, but HA/Entangling might work better in groups.

I tested different UE setups and posted here: New Build UE BoloShot - #5 by Poconut-1717

My findings were very similar to yours, Varadia.

UE HA seemed the strongest UE option doing GR 110’s. While the standard MS setup took me 10-11 minutes on average, HA took only 7-9 minutes. I used Dawn and NCS in all setups, and switched the third weapon between Fortress ballista, EF, and Odyssey’s End. Fortress adds some toughness, definitely better for HC. OE is the best single target by far, but I actually got my best time with EF. With EF and tons of AD stacked, got a speed pylon on festering woods. The screen was wiped out in seconds, it was nuts.

1 Like

Tried out a duo build with UE HA + Grenades. That makes use of the new Stone of Jordan. Was almost all the time shooting with HA. Except for fire cycle. Used also Fortress Balista, Dawn, the quiver, Squirts. Everything that spits in my direction would kill me. Probably died about 6-8 times during a GR 90 with only 10K mainstat. Wanted to reach 4 Aps / 15 Frames with HA but I guess it’s not worth it rolling on every possible piece Attack Speed. However Boss died in some seconds. Would be cool if Hunters Wrath would give 50% attack speed to Primaries instead of 30%. https://www.d3planner.com/427988802

I start getting a bad feeling about this. A very bad feeling.

The reworked Cirri makes HA with Gears of Dreadlands a lot of fun (it would be even more fun, if autocast primaries would also pierce). But I don’t think it was intended to “kill” UE-CC3-MS as the best UE build for pushing.

I feel a nerf for Cirri coming (yes, a nerf!), making also Dreadlands a lot weaker. They will compensate that by a higher G6 bonus, but without further testing in another PTR iteration it will not properly work.

We will stay another season at the end of the food chain, with lesser inner class build diversity due to the buff to S6 …

Yep, this will definitely happen. It wouldn’t make any sense, if they let a UE-Cirri-Build being stronger than the UE-CC3-MS. The UE-Set would thus lose its main purpose in the game. I also see a Cirri-Nerf and a G6-Buff

I sure hope not. You should see all the different ways people are running a HA UE. This has increased UE build diversity without breaking the class. S6 is still stronger, and now UE is likely stronger than M4/N6. It adds balance and diversity to the class. The UE speed/gold/gem farming builds won’t be affected.

1 Like

I said this before PTR release. I mean if the new set can perform exactly as it’s descriptions, it is better than UE builds. However, due to the bugs now, it’s nowhere close to UE.

1 Like

The diversity is already increased through the new set. But in general, if Blizz wants to increase the diversity reasonably, they should nerf Cirri (while buffing G6) and buff Sword of ill Will and Kridershot, in oder to make Chakram and EA with the UE-Set for higher Grifts viable

1 Like

I agree that Chakram and EA should be viable with UE, but totally disagree that a nerf to Cirri is needed. Unless it’s breaking GR145, why would you nerf it? It seems like your answer would be “to protect MS”. But MS isn’t in any danger since it’s literally the best speed build in the game for bounties, key farming and low GR’s.

I always like it when a different skills/setups are more efficient at different levels. For example, I would like skull grasp for barb to be buffed, so that when someone asks “what is the best setup?” the answer is “whirlwind for speed, rend for pushing”.

UE is being given that diversity with this patch: “MS for speed, HA for pushing”. More diversity (IMO) is always a good thing. You can buff GoD to the appropriate levels while also giving UE an interesting option.

I’m not sure why the goal would be to compare within the class rather than with other classes…? What we really need/want here is something that will boost at least one DH build by at least +10 GR levels to make it more competitive with other classes. (+10 GR levels would make it about equal to the Barbarian and Monk, +15 levels would be required to make it equal to the Crusader or Witch Doctor.) They boosted the Witch doctor by 15+ GR levels with that new set, and they could do the same for DH. DH is currently the lowest performing class in almost every aspect of the game. After giving them a new set they should not still be the weakest class in the game… what I would like to see is a way overpowered DH for Season 21 and then have it nerfed after, like Crusader and Witch Doctor. Let the DH shine for at least one season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vRNY4k1hy0

Wudijo testing and reviewing UE HA. He cleared GR128.

His guess is that extreme upper end would be GR140-145 (which I think is a little high). When running GR110’s I consistently got better times with the new Impale than I did HA, so I think mid to high 130’s is more likely.