New Build UE BoloShot

Hi

This Generator UE Build i made is more Powerfull than the new Set and is easier to play and more tanky.
UE Hungering Arrow Destroys RG.

.d3planner.com/199697274

This has 96 Discipline which = 350x96 = 33600% set damage. How can you give a new set that uses Primary skills and it has a third of the set bonus a mid 120 build does???

Please look at new set and feedback you are getting and make some damage and other changes. The problems that are posted with the mechanics specially the 10sec drop off is bad.

I would propose while strafing the secs can’t fall below 5. This means for higher play you can still boost but for speed farming it doesn’t feel so clunky.

I love DH and Necro, And i actually love how the new DH set plays. It should not be to easy but it shouldn’t be clunky. Please give the sets some extra Love.

Big Fan,

Thank you,

3 Likes

Took my slapped together UE build and swapped Yangs and Dead Man’s Legacy for the bolo items and wrecked with it. I still think MS is better because it can clear the whole screen and the double hit against low HP enemies makes it better at killing the RG.

I do agree that it’s a bit weird that support items buffed for GoD work a lot better on UE. Hoping for some huge GoD buffs.

1 Like

I think the new set need to add another zero to the 6 piece multiplier to be effective.

I was going to try out some of the new DH stuff and after theory crafting a bit, I came to the conclusion that I would be much worse off with the new set than if I just used any existing DH build.

UE totally destroys this set in every way.

2 Likes

Because 10,000% is easier to calculate with when we need to see if the multipliers are applied properly and how they add up. It is also easier when it comes to balancing as you can just do a 1.17^(130-[current GR cleared]) x 10,000%.
So if the build only does about 112 on PTR it is 1.17^(130-122) = 3.5.

Also UE offers 56,000% damage to generators, while GoD offers a measily 20,000%, but we only need to increase that 6p bonus to 30,000% and it is above UE. So that part fits in nevertheless.

Since I stopped even trying to play the new set, I’ve been looking at UE combinations. I did a whole bunch of GR110’s with similar gear, gems and 3300 paragon to see what was the best.

UE HA seemed the strongest UE option for GR’s. While the standard MS setup took me 10-11 minutes on average, HA took only 7-9 minutes. I used Dawn and NCS in all setups, and switched the third weapon between Fortress ballista, EF, and Odyssey’s End. Fortress adds some toughness, definitely better for HC. OE is the best single target by far, but I actually got my best time with EF. With EF and tons of AD stacked, got a speed pylon on festering woods. The screen was wiped out in seconds, it was nuts.

Bolas was not as strong. Finished once in about 14 minutes, and another barely beat the timer. Really struggles with single target and elites. You’d have to find an open zombie map to do well, I think. Grouping is super easy, and it’s almost…too crazy. Like it feels like you broke the game with all the bola suction sounds and monsters flying around. Really fun in T16, but nowhere as good as MS.

Grenades was about as good as bolas. Once I finished in 14:30 and the other I failed by 10 seconds. It might be better with more paragon, but I found it was so squishy that I had to trade COE for elusive to stand a hope of staying alive. Using 2 belts means that you can’t cube depth diggers, so you have to use RoRG. So you either have to drop EW, COE or elusive. Dropping elusive just isn’t in the cards for my paragon and skill level. I only tried buriza, so there’s a chance that using OE is the better combo.

1 Like

I got similar results with GoD, HA was the best and Nades/Bolas performed about the same, a bit behind, but I figured UE would be loads better as is, so I’m glad that seemed the case for you. HA’s damage multiplier isn’t much better than Bolas but piercing and runes are just a lot better than Bolas, and Nades you have to sacrifice a lot to squeeze in both belts and depth diggers or drop DD.

1 Like

Tried it, it was boring and inferior to MS. In the meantime wasted 10k forgotten souls to get one absolutely useless primal Odyssey that wasn’t even worth salvaging and a bunch of inferior barely usable ancients.

Uninstalled PTR.