Corndogs! Corndogs! Get 'em while they're hot!

Don’t you just love them? They’re best when you get them at the state fair because they are battered and deep-fried on the spot. Scrumptious!

But the Bar-S honey dipped 16 count box of corndogs available at grocers, for example, Walmart, are a darn good substitute. I have a dilettante’s countertop deep fryer, and when I don’t mind the hassle, I’ll fire it up and cook the frozen Bar-S corndogs. But if you don’t have a deep fryer, they’re almost just as good from the oven.

Just take two frozen corndogs straight out of the freezer, put them on a plain piece of tinfoil, shiny side up, and set them directly on the center rack. From an ice cold oven, set it to 350° for 20 minutes. For five or more corndogs, add one minute for each additional dog. For example, if you’re cooking 10 corndogs, you would put them in for 25 minutes (don’t ever heat them in a microwave).

What a delight! I can almost hear the bucking broncos!

4 Likes

WTF, @StonePro, what is going on?

Are you just hungry or has little mama put the screws to ya?

I don’t know, man…Sick of reading about D4, I guess…:frowning:

9 Likes

Ewwww…Bar-S. Grossomungo. The best were the Weinerschnitzel corn dogs, but they’re apparently gone. The frozen ones aren’t made anymore. Now it’s those OKish Foster Farms corndogs. But I preferred the WS beef ones. Their franks and batter were just better. Wish they were still available here. Booooohissssss.

2 Likes

Anybody that eats Bar-S brand anything deserves what happens to them. My dog won’t eat their hot dogs.

2 Likes

I do miss a good corndog.

I dont really like the frozen ones that much.
Haven’t been to state fair in a long time.
Dont remember if they are part of Monday beer+dog special at the ball park.
They dont serve hotdogs/corndogs at the BBQ festival.

1 Like

Might be the Foster Farms ones I’m talking about, but I’ve had them both, and they’re comparable.

Now there is a brand called “State Fair” corndogs I haven’t tried. You can get them from Amazon…LOL

That just ain’t right…

this thread is corny…

I’ll see myself out.

5 Likes

Here I am sitting in the Great White North, Saskatchewan one of the coldest places on the planet Earth, with the windchill at -44 degrees Celsius, Fahrenheit is about the same at -40 and you guys are talking one of my favorite summer carnival foods! Wonderfully deep fried hot, with at least a half an inch of delicious coating and slathered with mustered, how dare you all to be so cruel! :cold_face:
All I can get around here are imitation CornDogs, called of all things, PoGos and they are just not the same. :nauseated_face:

Me too, D4 needs a forum just for D4 and now with a PTR coming in the not so distant future the Nerfers and the Balancers are starting to spam General relentlessly, they need their own Forum too. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

If they aren’t from Fletcher’s at the Texas State Fair, they are ALL imitations. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Never tried one. Not available where I’m from.

Makes me wonder why, when almost all our junk food has been has been taken from the US or UK.

If I ever venture over there, it’s the first thing I’m going to eat… and I’m vegetarian.

1 Like

The State Fair ones are at the stores where I live. They’re acceptable but nothing to write home about.

Make yourself some honey mustard to dip them in.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/1oTfdjU.png

This is the only corn dog I’ve ever seen!

State Fair also makes an All Beef version that is much better than the Pork/Poultry blends.

2 Likes

OP, call your doctor and start taking your medicine on a regular bases. :kiss:

Dog Haus makes a great corndog. ask them to double batter it and fry well done.

State Fair all beef is also good.

D4 needs own forums. This D3 Forums is overgrown with D4 weeds.

1 Like

Maybe someone can convince Neva to let people run an OT thread here for “community building”.

Well, now that you mention it, I have to agree. I spent 3 years in Arlington in the early 90s. Thought I was going to die of heat stroke. But I was at the 93 State Fair of Texas in Dallas, and I had one of those glorious corndogs. Like everything in Texas, they’re huge! A meal by themselves!

Ah, but you do have Amazon, I bet, and if you’ve never had a corndog, then I’m guessing the selection at Amazon will please. But you better be ready to dig deep into your wallet for them!

I was stuck in TX for 25 years, Greenville (1980 - 2005). Then one day it dawned on me - I was allowed to leave. :thinking:

We might have passed each other in the crowd?

1 Like

Where I live, only place where you could get them were at Amusement Parks. Strange how all of them in the state shut down about 20 years ago. Now I have to travel overseas if I ever want one.