Console Quality of life

some prefer to use unity for HC too, but DH builds don’t really allow that - you take a huge DPS dump if you do.

Cheating is rampant on PS4.

If PoE didn’t BSOD as much (it’s very unstable on PS4), I’d switch from D3 to it. No cheating, and to be honest, less boring and more fun.

1 Like

You can’t get 11 Primals for a particular build in a season without cheating…sorry but if you check PC players, who can’t cheat, where they have 5,000 paragon they have no where near 11 Primals.

I have had over 50 Primals for the season but only 2 in my particular build.

If you are throwing Primals on and doing a GR60 then for sure but getting Primals for a specific build that does end game play that is hard…to get 11 of them is impossible.

1 Like

First of all… I never said I had 11… That was a number someone else put up… I very clearly stated I had primals for my UE pieces, not my captains, not my weapon and not my jewelry (rings)… So that’s 7… Second of all, I’m not 15, I don’t care what you or anyone else thinks, nor do I care what anyone else does, it has zero impact on me… I know what I did and how I did it, and it’s obviously leagues better than anything else I’ve seen or read so I will continue to do so… To assume that because you can’t do something, someone else can’t is the epitome of arrogance and one of the oldest excuses for poor performance there is. Now if you would like to ask questions perhaps you could improve your own chances, but you’ll get nowhere accusing people of cheating without knowing them at all. This is the last I will speak on this, I don’t need to cheat to make myself feel good, I’m just good, that’s all there is to it. Sounds like you just have crappy luck and want to blame others for your shortcomings, probably a trend in your actual life too. Don’t bother responding because I’m not gonna bother engaging you anymore, you’ve shown your hand.

Edit: just double checked my comment and I missed rings originally, still putting it at only 9, still completely feasible if you know what you’re doing, which obviously some don’t

I wasn’t a big fan of unity, way too much dps loss to make the DR worth it… One thing I picked up on was you’re better off trying to kill as fast as possible with a DH than to stand toe to toe with something. I could see getting away with unity when you’ve got the pandemonium buff and the killstreak rewards going but without it that dps loss is so significant you might as well just play a chicken WD lol. I can definitely rock with the gems and the few % and LPK rolls because my DPS won’t suffer so badly from that.

I never could get into PoE… The combat felt stale to me, and that’s what I love the most about D3… I could just kill for hours and hours and not get bored, I had to push myself through the first map/act on PoE and even after unlocking some skills and linking some gems it still just felt very stale to me… I’m gonna give it a try once my PC is finished, but I’m also gonna look into Wolcen as well… I’ll most likely just wind up spending all my time on D3 anyway until D4 comes out lol.

You have 9 Primals for a specific build? Not just 9 thrown together?

Then you have beaten ALL players including PC players with 5,000 paragon and streamers who play for a living.

Or you are cheating.

Let us leave the readers of this thread to decide. I know what the playing the game for 7 hours a day for 3 months can achieve in a Season and it is not 9 Primals for a specific build.

As I say I have had over 50 Primals in the S19 but never 9 for an end game build and nor has any player ever who doesn’t cheat.

Your posting in forums with people who have played the game every season since they came out. You are making a mockery of your own self if you think you can have 9 primals in a build that is end game in one Season that last 3 months…people will just laugh because it is not possible.

Check out my YouTube channel, I post a lot of content highlighting cheaters on console.

If you have an end game build that has 9 Primals in Season 19 you are a cheater plain and simple.

Where are you guys getting these numbers from? I will list it so theres no confusion… Ive stated a few separate times what I had and where I misspoke… I played D3 before grifts were even a thing so length of time is irrelevant.

Helm, Shoulder, Gloves, Legs, Offhand, Ammy, (change to Compass Rose if Im running EW) I never put a number on it and it was meant as a conversation piece not a dick measuring contest.

Removed other comment since it wasnt replied to anyone

So ARE you talking about NON SEASON? I’ve been here since 2014 since day of release…August 14th 2014 and in Seasons it is impossible to get 9 Primals for a build.

Non Season, which has existed since 2014 and is 6 years old, and since Primals was released then sure I have builds that have 9 Primals because as I play Seasons and get gear, it rolls over to non season and I have a monk with full 13 Primals for an end game build but that is after 9 seasons and years of playing and the accumulation of gear.

When I refer to cheating I’m talking about what most on here talk about…Seasons…3 months starting from scratch and build a character then it stops after three months.

Getting 9 Primals in that is impossible.

I assumed you were talking about Seasons because you mentioned Leaderboards in your very first post on this thread.

Are you just not reading everything Im saying? I literally just listed what they were and the total was 6. I got them in season 19… I got Everything from rolling at kadala except for the ammy and the compass rose, one dropped when I hit grift 70 and one dropped from gr100. Theres zero benefit from cheating, and how could I be happy with rank 23 if I cheated? Id be pissed if I cheated and couldnt even crack the top 10… I took haedrigs gift on my DH which enabled me to start hunting specific primals almost right away

Edit… I wasnt going to reengage but you replied respectfully and it genuinely sounds like youre misunderstanding me or just not reading my response in its entirety

Yeah so let us clear it up…you have 6 Primals for a specific build in S19? A DH UE build yeah? P1,700?

6 Primals…possible…getting lots from Kadala seems weird…I’ve had like 5 from here since she was added in the game but that is RNG and to be fair I had 3 from her this season but none for my build.

I’m a 44 year old dad of 3 and work 37 hours a week…I just don’t sleep and enjoy 6+ hours in Seasons lol!

1 Like

I would like to start by apologizing for acting like a condescending douchecanoe, it was uncalled for… I was browsing reddit so I already felt aggressive lol. Yes, 6, I got quite a few I didnt need, I was shocked that I got the gloves from kadala myself so I ran grifts until my shards were full then just dumped them on specific pieces until I got a primal version… it took a lot of time and a disgusting amount of shards to get them but I found that if I was wearing a specific item and then rolled shards for that same item it seemed to respond fairly well, thats most likely in my head though like gamblers with their lucky socks or what have you.

Ive played D3 for a long time but this is the first season I actually sat and played hard with a gameplan, you should see my table lol… its covered in printouts, and charts.

I took an unnecessary amount of offense from being called a cheater for 2 reasons, first I know how hard I worked and because Blizzard is Blizzard its kind of impossible to prove I didnt cheat. So I again would like to apologize for being douchey.

1 Like

A few seasons ago, I got a primal scythe of the cycle. Perfect rolls for rats. Then I gambled 30 mins later and got a primal offhand perfect rolls for rats. I posted in the FB group. I think it was S18. It was the Saturday morning of the seasonal start. Even my friend who I was playing with was like you cheatin! We were doing GR60’s lvling low gems. I am pretty lucky with drops. I am the rabbit in the Chinese Zodiac :nerd_face:.

1 Like

No need to apologize! I misread your post so my mistake too…and Reddit does indeed do that to you!

Ill be hitting S20 hard and looking forward to it. I checked the patch and its cool, im all ready. Ill avoid D3 till Season start then hit it!

Monk it is again for me with super rats too!

1 Like

You’re original post said:

and got primal on everything but my bow, rings and my captain crunches

which is what I questioned. I miscounted though (to be fair to me, I am getting old and my math is now starting to suck lol). Primals not on rings, weapon and captains crunch would be 5 (2 for rings, 2 for CCR and 1 for weapon). 13 item slots, so that means you had 8 primals.

homerjnick is typically in the top 5 HC (monk) players consistently since s10. I think he knows what he’s doing. Myself, I ranked 14th in s13, 12th in s14, 12th in s15 (SC, PS4), until Blizzard changed things with the impale build that just empowered group players even more. homer has been helping players both on these forums and Sony PS4 forums for years…he has an extensive knowledge of D3 (please forgive him for disliking DHs though!).

Primals are roughly 1 in 400 drop rate. That’s just to get a primal. There are roughly 350 legendary and set items in the game, with most of them having a higher RNG tiered drop rate than popular core items. The chances of getting a primal for your build are pretty minimal, it can happen, but you have to be very lucky. I got 4 this season - elusive ring, CoE, shadow gloves and TP ammy. The CoE ring was useless for me, even though it rolled perfectly as I ran with aughilds variant of s6, shadow gloves and tp ammy both rolled crap (surprise, surprise!) and were never used (they both dropped on the last day of s19). So, effectively 1 useful primal for my build. And I had a brilliant season when it comes to primals dropping. So, getting 8, is pretty unlikely as I originally stated, and it’s why I mentioned dashboarding in my original reply. I guess if you don’t worry about stats, then it’s a bit more possible (not much though). A well rolled ancient is far better usually though, and easier to have drop during a season.

I don’t GR grind as many do, I try and play D3 for fun, and GR grinding is not fun in my eyes. i still spend a lot of blood shards though and I think I got 1 primal from Kadala in s19 (Bombardier’s rucksack if my memory serves me). That is pretty similar to most other seasons since s10 (sometimes I get 2 primals from Kadala, but it’s typically 1).

You made a comment re: primals that experienced players such as myself and homer find rather unusual. I guess, you could be super, super, super lucky and it could happen, but excuse us for thinking dashboarding, since it is rampant on both consoles.

2 Likes

Yeah I know all the info, I dont usually post a question unless its something thats not on google… It was a miscommunication back and forth a few times lol… Ive played D3 since there was no end game but never took it seriously until this season, like I said to Homer, I took too much offense to the accusation because A)I know how hard I worked and B)Blizzard has made it so its impossible to prove I put in that work sans cheating. On console obviously speaking.

1 Like

hey grandpa :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

WD for me the 1st season ever, i know no one wants me in a party, but who cares. LB will be full of “Save Wizards” again.

1 Like

if he’s a grandpa at 44, what the hell am I lol…old grandpa?

1 Like

How old are you? I’m only 36 but feel like my dad’s age at 56

2 Likes

I may be 44 but my kids are all under 10 lol…grandparenting is not a thought!

And Dave…you are as old as you feel! Wait that might not be good lol…but you are right about something…I’ve not got much time for the poor DH in this game!

Even with the nerf??? You still gonna play it? They just need to delete the class from the game really… :rofl: