Console Quality of life

how many sets are you running and how many characters to have 2/3 stash?

make another seasonal character and drop whatever you don’t use all the time onto them since they can hold 60 items, and that can help clear up the stash.

1 Like

Stashing in off use characters inventory is a great idea… I have one of each character at level 70 with full top tier sets, and 2 sets for my DH… so at minimum 7 sets stashed at a time… then I have all my legendary gems and all of my regular gems stashed as well… I also have a lot of puzzle rings and cow sticks, which I am currently using up… I was able to take my stash down to about 200 items, I also have copies of most of my sets and jewelry so I can use them for reforging when I get the mats. This weekend Im gonna look at dropping the sets of characters I dont use

Blows my mind how in 3 months someone can have top gear for all 7 characters

1 Like

They play a lot… or maybe they

roll a lot

They seem me rollin’ they hatin’

I really wish the QoL changes on PC came to XB. I actually like playing the game on console since I can sit back and relax. I use M/KB all day long for work, so it sometimes is annoying doing the same on PC.

3 Likes

Keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ (what?)
Keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ (come on)
Keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ (yeah)
Keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’ rollin

2 Likes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7JWW1sWfs

Old school right here.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Bizkit for us Boomers.

3 Likes

I played, a lot this season… Paragon 1700 playing solo except for Neph rifts for keystones… I’m a disabled veteran who works about 15 hours a week so I have a lot of time on my hands

1 Like

Old School!!!.. Lets take back even further since im an old man at least lmao

1 Like

Thats pretty good… Even when i played alot group play i usually only hit 1900 or so. S16 was an exception since it was extended and was having fun playing a tanky Gen Monk.

This Season though, I played like kinda hard the first couple weeks and hit a 150 4 man for the firs time in a Season, then hit a 130 with my WW barb u rocking a Furnace… Then thats it lol.

Really wish i had the motivation to go hard the whole Season like i did in S15… Then again i did clear higher than alot of my friends with only half my gear augmented and less paragons lol. I know im not the only 1 that secretyl competes with my friends lol

1 Like

I’m curious, with that sort of paragon and time, how well you rank.

1 Like

I hit Paragon 2,000 this Season a month ago then quit…was fun but no motivation after reaching my goals!

2 Likes

I was able to push a UE multishot Demon Hunter to rank 23, and a WW rend barb to Top 100… I was sub 500s on the rest of my characters but I spent the majority of my season trying to push the multishot as hard as I could… Was able to get gr 105s down to about 3-4 minutes and got primal on everything but my bow, rings and my captain crunches… The nice thing about having a paragon level that high is I can roll off mainstats on a few of my pieces for things like attack speed, area damage, etc. and its incredibly useful… my sheet damage is 3750k so I was happy… I dont like the argument that people say paragon is irrelevant and its more about the gear… While yes the gear is super important to the build itself, I have a lot more flexibility in terms of what I can roll on my gear and its incredibly beneficial being able to just roll off 1000 dex in favor of area damage or attack speed and not lose out on the scaling damage reduction and raw damage… I learned a whole lot this season about stuff that there just seemed to be no information on or people said things that didnt play out the same way in my experience.

Im making a second reply because I cant figure out how to reply to 2 separate posts in one response on mobile.

Man I would love to experience a 150… I got close, I did 120 with my DH and 125 with my barb… I had to fish for 125 but got it with time to spare… Im gonna take what I learned this season about hyper optimization and push my absolute hardest for season 20, I think I should be able to get damn close to number 1 this coming season, especially with the season theme.

105 in 3-4 mins sounds about right, at least for my preferred impale s6.

Paragon is critically important - both for DPS and toughness/recovery. Without high paragon, it makes it a lot harder to push high and you rely more on actual skill.

11 primals? There’s no way to do that not unless you’re dashboarding. It’s rampant in seasons on consoles, especially ps4 and it’s the sole reason why seasons MUST be moved to online saves only. All primals, especially on rings/amulets/weapon and offhand gave you maximum damage multipliers and that gives you a nice advantage over legit players.

A GR120 is an excellent job, well done! I only managed a 109 this seasons on SC, an exceptionally poor effort for me. But, I quite SC at 5 weeks into the season, low paragon, no augments, lgems still low. Switched to HC and managed a 119 clear last night for rank 4 (with a mere p1050!). Will probably slip before seasons end as the group players with high paragon make their season end runs. Nothing I can do about it.

1 Like

I dont know what dashboarding is, I play on Xbox though if that means anything… Im just a 35 year old dad with kids in school so I have a lot of time… I did misspeak though, my chest armor is not primal either. I put well over 200 hours in this season easily… The primals arent tough to get… Kadala is where they all came from except for a squirts and the UH shoulder piece… I cant for the life of me get a Yangs primal but honestly my rolls on my ancient yangs are almost perfect anyway so a primal would only equate to 1 or 2% dmg increase for me at this point. I would just pick a single piece of gear and roll kadala until I got it primal… I got probably 6 in rapid succession and then after that it was like I had spurned RNGesus or something lol… DML took the longest, I blew probably 100k shards easily on it, the gloves were the easiest, I actually wound up getting 3.

I would absolutely love if console seasons were somehow online only so I wouldn’t have to contend with hackers, Im not even sure how they do it though because I cant access my seasonal characters at all if my internet is down… Even still, at a certain point skill plays a big part… I could have full primal everything, but if I didn’t know my multishot build so well I never would’ve pushed that high… at about 115 is when I had to start grouping kind of, and then 116 and on was total grouping and fishing. I couldnt get a primal BoW either, neither ring would drop primal, but I didnt use kadala for jewelry and wound up going with a non ancient restraint anyways because it had better rolls (CHC, CHD, etc.) I had everything I could augment, augmented with 110s… I would say I easily ran 1500 grifts this season most likely.

I did see how the end of season guys do it though because for a while I was at rank 30 then kept getting bumped lower and lower by names I had never seen before, so I wound up fishing about 50 rifts to get back up lol. Their definitely should be a separation of some sort though as far as that goes… its not equal for someone like me to solo the season and try to top someone who has been running groups all season.

The HC is impressive… I took my HC DH to grift 70 before getting one shotted by a keywarden and gave up on the spot on HC lol… I think this next season Ill give it another shot as Ive learned a lot about survival and dodging.

1 Like

Dashboarding is where you reforge, and if you don’t get anything good, you exit to the dashboard and quit the game without saving. Restart game, and re-try with a new legendary item to see if you get a primal…rinse and repeat. It is rampant on PS4, and I believe, XBOX 1. To get 11 primals means you have been extraordinarily lucky.

I am disenchanted with D3, because group guys getting to do a solo run with group earned benefits is just not a level playing field. Blizzard has said that they will never introduce a SSF LB, which is utterly stupid, since it would be quick and easy to implement imho and make a lot of solo players happy. Solo players shouldn’t be forced to group up in order to compete on what is the solo LBs…just my 2c worth.

Primals are tough to get, although last night, I had 2 drop - both for my build, both rolled terribly though and are unusable (tp ammy and gloves for shadow set). ammy rolled with dex/AR/chd and gloves with dex/vit/chc. I did get a perfect primal CoE (phys, chc, chd, socket, phys res) and perfect primal DML too. So, s19 has been really nice to me. I’m not very lucky with Kadala - in s18, I spent near 35k blood shards before I got a HPS quiver (just an ordinary non ancient quiver!).

With ps4, they use an online editing service called save wizard. And of course, the dashboarding. Save wizard can give infinite mats, so it’s much easier to get primals from dashboarding…and it can perk lgems up to lvl 150 too, making augments and lgems really easy and giving the scumbag cheaters a huge advantage over legit players. Blizzard MUST go after save wizard - seasons are now a joke on ps4.

Skill is required to push high on the LBs. I see many players with high lgems, augments and lots of primals, and not to mention a crap load of paragon points, and they don’t push very high. D3 doesn’t focus on skill enough, instead luck and cheating play bigger roles…Blizzard could fix the holes, but for whatever reason (laziness or ineptitude) isn’t interested in doing so. Yes, I am criticising Blizzard - they deserve it for their inaction.

I’m not One for GR fishing - it’s luck, not skill.

I’m pretty new to HC, this is my first competitive season. Some tips:

1. Run with vit on gloves/helm and off hand, at least until you get to p800.
  2. Run with vit in paragon points (50 points should be enough for a bit of a boost to toughness).
  3. Run with amethyst gems in pants and diamonds in chest until you get to p800. I then switched to diamonds in chest, keeping amethyst in pants.
  4. Make sure you get $ life, AR and LPK on belt. If possible, get LPK on bracers. And LPK on weapon. And -dmg (either melee, or ranged, take your pick) on chest + LPK. If you can get a well rolled ancient or primal TP ammy with elemental/chc/chd and LPK, even better.
  5. Always use awareness. If you’re up on the timer and proc awareness, TP back to town and let it time out before heading back into the GR. Be extra aware of mobs and elite skills. I’ve found HC has really honed my skills and should make me a better SC player.

Note: some players on PS4 HC are cheating - they die and they revive from a cloud backup…disgusting really. It’s been an issue with console PS4 since s10…I presume the same thing can be done on XBOX 1 too…

1 Like

Dude that is garbage af… I dont even understand doing that… I hate loading screens so much, there’s some really good games out there that I just stopped playing… I get sleepy waiting on loading screens then lose the motivation to play, its why I really like D3… very few loading screens and theyre usually quick, except for startup, having to do that repeatedly doesnt even sound interesting let alone fun… Ive never understood cheating, in anything, sports, games, video games, etc. it takes the reward right out of it… Theres no way you can feel as accomplished and happy as I do if you’re cheating, the grind is what makes the results so worth it. Im not particularly fond of reforging anyway, I couldn’t imagine basing my entire setup around it.

If its rampant on Ps4 I guarantee its the same on xbox… the top 5 guys had tons of primals pieces and cleared up to 130 within a week or 2 of season start which I thought was odd but that was before I knew about hacking. I must have my settings different or something though because Diablo autosaves after almost every action I take it seems.

Damn you and your primal CoE lol… I hunted for that thing forever, especially once I realized I was gonna have to run Endless Walk set to push higher. I was able to track an ancient down with CHC, CHD, Area Damage, and 200% on the dmg bonus so I wasnt too upset but ffs I spent so much time on that one piece lol… I didnt roll rings or ammys at Kadala except for trying to get the CoE, I broke my own rule for that one and still couldn’t get it.

I knew I was lucky when the gloves dropped, then the pants… it seemed like the shoulder and chest piece had way rarer drop rates but I know it was just rng, especially because I never found the chest. I spent an ugodly amount of resources trying to reforge a primal yangs and thats where my disdain for reforging came from.

I had a lot of primals drop that i didnt use… 2 primal dawns, a whole bunch of random weapons and armor pieces I just couldnt fit or wouldnt even suit my character, a few primal jewelry pieces, but again stuff I couldnt use… I stored some stuff just in case I do wanna play a certain way.

I agree about the skill level… this game could be based a lot more in skill than it currently is… I know the guys who got 10 rifts more than I did with the same setup definitely got lucky… You get to a point where youre just not putting out enough damage to cover your time, and a conduit pylon can turn that around in seconds pushing you far enough ahead that you can still make it. This is especially true for the multishot build… My sheet damage is almost 4000k, my true dps dwarfs that by a whole lot, nothing but big Bs and Ts on my screen and D3planner said something absurd like 15x my sheet damage, and it still barely scratched mobs, especially yellows.

Awesome tips for HC, I never would’ve thought of any of those, I wouldve went in trying to play like I was on high grifts so thank you for that. Also, cheating on HC is pathetic… thats not even hc… you’re just playing sc but with extra steps… I swear people will do anything for imaginary clout smh.

2000 with a month to spare? Damn lol… did you group for that or was it all solo? I can see 2000 if I wouldve come out the gate pushing hard but I wasted time in the beginning and in the middle trying to find the damn cosmic wings with no luck… I think I wasted all my rng luck at kadala for my UE set lol

I was solo mate…fairly easy with a WW Rend barb…I was speeding GR110’s in 3 mins…

1 Like