Console QoL Changes

reason 1
if you Co Op someone can do that for you in less than 5mins.

reason 2
even if you play entirely solo, Lvl1 -70 might take you less4 hrs I am saying the worst case you get to lvl70 in 10hrs. reaching lvl70 you already started to ditch your lvl69 below items & start crafting lvl70 gears. You are trading 2hr-10hrs for your 3months where you should be concern on other lvl70 stuff.

reason3
Craft a Lvl 70 weapon enchant it’s lvl requirement… So now you know are you worried about whatever weapon lvl at 40/50/60 or 65 :slight_smile:

Can I also be clear the NG issue is an easy fix?

Simply remove them from GR’s like PC…and give us the “double damage” they do in GR’s.

Simples.

4 Likes

Wait a second… so this topic is about Nephalem Glory being removed/changed from console. Im all for that!!!

1 Like

I think we should make it a priority to keep this topic at the top of the boards. Since, as usual, we haven’t gotten a response we should just keep complaining about it then. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

1 Like

Glad to see ur here Rapture…

Consodering all the barbs got was Morticks i wouldnt hold ur breath too long lol. And ill keep the discussion rolling.

1 Like

Remove this Nephalem Glory from the game.
Or at least make this NG buff permanent when you enter the GR - give it like 15 minutes uptime right at the entrance.

1 Like

Keep complaining until our dreams come true. Come on, gang.

Had to hop on the NG hate train. It’s awful. Please remove these riduculous orbs. I absolutely abhor them.

2 Likes

On PC they do not drop on GR’s.

How hard is it to change the console version to do the same and just give us the bonus in GR’s?

They are actually penalizing us in GR’s over PC players because we have an extra mechanic to contend with.

Not…fair.

I want BlizzCon 2019 opening sequence to the big announcement that the console version is king and that NG is to be removed.

Not too much to ask is it? :rofl:

1 Like

I would avoid asking them to just remove NG. They might be fed up with us complaining about it and go ahead and do just that, just remove NG completely; leaving us at 50% all the time.

The last time i saw a blue post in a topic for NG complaints, shortly after they patched out our ability to farm up 3 mins of NG prior to starting a rift. All those complaints and they listened, but the change was not for the better.

My QoL input:
•Color coordination for player numbers on mini map
•right stick click changed from color beam only i can see, to color beam everyone can see or replace it with a flag/marker for minimap.
•any way to increase max active tiles? That way my curses that are supposed to last forever with torment passive dont go away on mobs just because they are just barely off screen at the bottom
•less fallen overlord champions with dune dervish adds from hitting pylons with Nemisis bracers please.
•better yet, remove mob abilities that reflect player damage back at the player. Theres not enough defense to be had to survive that.
•finally, NG. But all I’m asking for is for a globe to drop every 10 kills even beyond 50,100, ect.

But you still need to get ten kills at the start of the GR…and then in SC if you die to a RG you have no NG.

No…the answer is not to change the frequency of NG drops…the answer is to make NG nonexistant in GR’s like PC and give us the buff.

For Rifts & Bounties I’m fine with it in.

3 Likes

I dont get what the problem is with the Nephalem Glory globes or why it ia different for console players as opposed to PC players. Do they not do the same thing on both platforms?

I also dont get what people keep sayiny about crafting multiple mats at once. What do you mean by that, exactly?

I would like to see some additional stash space and maybe have pets pick up DBs and mats, but I feel like the game is pretty good as is.

Oy, there’s been pages and pages and pages and pages and pages… catches breath and pages and pages and pages over the bullSh!t that is nephalem glory for consoles.

Diablo wiki says this:
Nephalem Glory is a buff available in [Diablo III] . It is triggered when a character moves over a [power globe], which grants the buff for the character and nearby allies for 60 seconds, after which a secondary damaging energy burst will also be triggered.

Picking up additional power globes while Nephalem Glory is active will level up the power of this energy burst by up to three times; it will also reset the duration of the buff to 60 seconds. Picking up [health globes]will extend the duration of Nephalem Glory by 5 seconds, and every 5th health globe will upgrade the stack by one up to twice, until it reaches maximum. Upon reaching max stack, health globes will only affect on replenishing extra duration. Every extra Power Globe will refresh the duration fully also level up the power of the effect by 1; again, up to a maximum of three increases.

The buff first appeared in console version and was introduced into the PC version of the game via the pre-expansion patch, replacing [Nephalem Valor] for both classic and expansion players.

Levels (Console only)

• Level 1: While Nephalem Glory is active, heroes will deal double damage with every attack.

• Level 2: With two levels of Nephalem Glory, heroes will deal double damage that also carries over to nearby enemies with every attack. Additionally, heroes gain 10% bonus movement speed.

• Level 3: With three levels of Nephalem Glory, heroes will deal double damage with every attack that also carries over to nearby enemies. Each hit they land while the buff is active has a chance of creating a damaging explosion.

On each level, when the effect wears off, a damaging explosion also erupts from the player, hitting enemies within specific range (damage and radius increase with level).

In a more recent patch on PS4, picking up a health globe does not seem to add time to Nephalem Glory.

so basically, without NG, we only do half the damage that PC does, to full health monsters. We have to rely on NG in grifts to even come close to being on parity (not really) with PC. consoles are considered the red headed step b!tches of blizzard and they don’t give a flying fudge about us. proof that they won’t even post anything for us anymore in our own section of the forums.

I had no idea they were supposed to do all that. I thought it was just douboe damage and each additional globe added 20 seconds up to a max of 2 minutes (3 minutes?).

Are we sure this isnt an old version that was changed with a patch or something? Ive never heard PC players on Twitch mention anything about the globes except the double damage.

Actually, i suppose if it was something that changed with a patch, there wouldnt be all those pages of complaints about it.

I don’t think the description of the NG buff above is accurate. It sounds more like the description given for the PC version of the NG buff, but there is no double damage on PC. On Console the only thing they give is double damage and adding globes only extends the duration.

Basically, consoles do half the damage of PC and you need to pick up NG globes to even get up to the performance level of the PC characters. Console players start every GR at half performance and need to constantly farm the NG globes just to keep up.

What I’ve personally seen is that when I pick up the first NG globe on console there is a help text that says “double damage for NN seconds” and picking up more simply says something like “20 seconds added”. I’ve never seen the damage bonus arc to adjacent monsters that I’ve seen on PC.

On the other hand, I’ve never seen the “double damage” or “20 seconds added” text on PC. The PC rules on the Diablo site do mention bonus damage for NG, but it doesn’t specify how much and it certainly isn’t the “double damage” you get on consoles.

It is quite obvious when you pick up your first NG on console and again if it ever runs out. There is no comparison of the effect. It is a barely noticeable and mostly visual buff on PC and it is absolutely required on console.

An additional issue with NG double damage is that it does not apply to all forms of damage. True reflected thorns damage does not get a damage increase from NG. A thorns necro on console only does half the damage it should.

We’ve been begging for NG to be re-worked or removed from the console versions for years. Many, many proposals have been made for how it could be done. Blizz has to be well aware of this by now, so I doubt the 50th thread about it will make a difference one way or the other.

1 Like

Fortunately this thread is for QoL request, not just NG. Whew, we dodged a bullet there. If this were just another thread about NG, it might never have gotten read.

Seriously though, right stick click function is completely useless in 4 man online games. I really hope they change it to be visible to other players who aren’t co-oping.

1 Like

We need to keep this thread alive. Trying to do ubers without ng is a major disadvantage. I literally have to farm ng in halls of agony then proceed to fight ubers before the buff runs dry.

This doesn’t feel like it was intended

game is perfectly fine on console the way it is , imo. i’m surprised how well put together it really is.

1 Like