Console - New update, no lobbies, no chat confirmed

And yet, we hear nothing about potion management, which is incredibly tedious on console or using a controller and could be made much better.

Once people are happy with the multiplayer stuff, they will realize that they will hate playing the game because dealing with potions tens of thousands of times manually and managing the belt slots with the R-stick is going to suck all the enjoyment out of the game completely.

Also, if the person just wants to play solo - and a lot of people do - it’s really going to suck when potion management becomes the most important change request. I really don’t see the current implementation working out long-term considering how tedious and repetitive it is.

My proposed fix is here:

2 Likes

Voice chat is a no go I have 3 loud kids and I know no one wants to hear them in the back round hell I don’t want to hear them sometimes lol

To me this is going to hurt them in the long run with Diablo 4 on consoles just for the simple fact they are burning console users so bad on this authentic to the original Diablo 2

5 Likes

Well to play devil’s advocate, I reckon console will have many more solo players and players only playing with friends vs PC, so the subjectiveness of what makes for a “good multiplayer experience” will be present.

There are also a good number of people who understand that ports aren’t always 1:1 the same with each other - even different console ports can be different from one another - these people will see how the MP functions on console, and just take it for what it is.

The idea that if MP doesn’t function like it does in the original game, then it can’t be enjoyable, is ridiculous. Maybe it’s not as versatile as creating games, but it’s streamlined functionality tends to bode well among console players, since ease of use is a huge selling port for the medium. The game hasn’t even released yet, so let’s just wait and see if people have fun with it or not.

1 Like

You again. Sigh. WTF is ‘bode well among console players’? Are console players some lesser gamers to you?

There are games on next gen consoles that perform better than PC, run at 4k 60fps, or even 120fps, and use controller or k/b mouse support. This isn’t the Atari days anymore.

Console players aren’t as casual as you may think.

7 Likes

I totally agree with you.
No big deal for me, thou i understand other people being upset but hey, it was not even release yet. People already judging nothing will happen. I mean i would give my doubt to Blizz but still, it does not stop me from enjoying the game alone or with friends on the console when release.

2 Likes

We should be pushing to have the upgraded console lobbies on the PC. We have it to good on the console end.

We need to make sure the devs know the PC version of the game isn’t complete without the new multiplayer set up the consoles have.

2 Likes

We got a good idea of what is was like during the beta. Even when it was working correctly it was terrible. When you got to join a game with other players you couldn’t even communicate with them unless you sent them a chat invite from the console end.

Getting a tomb run to work was also a nightmare because you would join into a random Durial game and you weren’t sure if the person was playing to actually complete the quest or do tomb runs.

2 Likes

I understand it was terrible during the beta, not sure if it was just not many playing or there are something wrong with the matchmaking.
I think we can start the complaint if the same issue happen after release.

I mean, even if we give it time it won’t fix the issue of being in a room filled with people you cannot chat with in game.

They could fill the game with bots and you wouldn’t notice because there is no communication lol. Good luck trying to advertise your online shop to me punks

1 Like

online shop?
anyhow, i said i understand the upset and truly agree that chat or lobbies should be there to cater for players like you, but it doesn’t bother me cause i just play solo or with friends.

1 Like

So I don’t know how much Battle net you’ve played but people create bots to help level up other players while collecting good drops.

While they do this they are set up to spam chats with ads for whomever created the bot’s website. On these websites you can buy gear that they have collected in their game runs for actual money, or if they are from D2JSP forum gold.

It’s a practice that’s sort of ruined the online experience for some and enhanced it for others.

I personally don’t mind it to much, but I normally play solo then join random games to hand out free gear I don’t need or help people level or get to the end.

2 Likes

The more reason i dont need chat with those spam (probably will disable it if it ever exist), and lobbies games.

Will stick to solo play or just with friends.

1 Like

That’s fair, it just kind of sucks that the regular multiplayer has been neutered.

I’m going to end up sticking with private friend games and solo too until they fix these issues. I know I’m still going to put way to much time into this game though.

3 Likes

Yea, same. People said is nostalgia sales for the console players.
I played the beta and i know what this remaster going to offer on the console and i am happy to play it again despite the shortfall.

All i hope is that they do more on the bugs fixing and optimization to improve the game on console.

2 Likes

At moment you cant do anything about it . Its going to be solo selfound , no comunication experience most of all if no friends are online . Trading was never meant to be done with friends so its gone totally . The chat actually is the biggest issue. It will kill the sozial atmosphere completly.,as the original game was bringing random people together by talking.

4 Likes

1+ Yeah i was like talk with random players so we can share build,story,make new friend for make cowrun or baal… but now without chat the feel is empty,loney i wish Blizzard could understand that this matchmaking without lobby is designed to fail.

4 Likes

What in the actual F#%K So they admit they deleted the lobby system from console literally who the hell wants to add everyone you meet in game to be friends or be in a party chat all the time out of all my real life friends that game on console (about 20) give or take there is like 3 that play on a couch the rest of us play at desk and have keyboards connected to the console

None of my friends play D3 anymore and we ALL thought the multiplayer system was a complete steaming pile of crap they literally did MORE work to delete and change this system when they could have just left the lobby setup ALONE who the hell asked for a D3 online experience

5 Likes

Well with that decision they killed the game before start. If they dont want to add it then we shoud be allowed to use shared charactera on PC for free for our trades and etc. They are forcing us to buy 1 game on PS and 1 on PC. Well i bet if 80% of all purchases refund their games they will listen. No one want to loose money. And still Blizzard never learned that player base is most important. If you dont listen you loose and you go to history.

2 Likes

I love money money money!!!

1 Like

Unbelievable that we got the diablo 3 match making system in our beloved Diablo 2. They could have modernized it for pc while they’re at it.

1 Like