Console lobby is a new feature?

The matchmaking system built for console is a new feature. Lobbies are an integral part of D2 multiplayer and is a must. Console without lobbies is a joke and basically just single player.

It is basically like just saying the game will launch with only 2 acts and calling rest of the acts as a new feature and that they wont be available. Just delay the launch on console. Without lobbies, the game is unfinished. Don’t convince yourself saying that lobbies are a new feature that will be built post launch(not sure if they even intend to do that)

18 Likes

Launching the game without the LoD expansion/Act 5 would be 5 times more sensible than launching it without lobbies and 10 times more sensible than launching it without chat and player communication.
Especially the latter is just erratic.

10 Likes

I’m glad to see other people are unhappy about this decision to not have lobbies. Even though the game looks amazing that will not over shadow the current problem on consoles

9 Likes

It was literally the first thing I said when I logged on pre order weekend

“Wow there’s no lobbies how will this work”

8 Likes

My problem is the match making system was something new they built for consoles. I am wondering what their discussion was like when there was a discussion of deciding between matchmaking system vs lobbies for console. They spent the effort to put in the matchmaking system which everyone hates but didnt try to invest the same time in something that was critical and alternative of matchmaking system

7 Likes

Yeah that part of rods reply to my tweet had me confused because it’s an old feature that they clear changed for console… so why? And now we have to wait until launch to hear anything about the issue. At least it’s on their radar hear us, it’s what they do next that will matter for the sake of this game on console

4 Likes

And his reply is so annoying though. Very vague and clearly shows that they just want to launch and then we’ll talk? I don’t understand why it is hard for them to acknowledge that this is one of the important feature they will work on after launch. We are not asking for a date, just an acknowledgement that they will work on it after launch. His reply just said that they will think about it possibly after launch.

4 Likes

Keep up the pressure guys… On all the platforms: these forums, reddit, Twitter, etc. Obviously nothing is going change otherwise! At the very least, we need a 100% commitment that it’s going to be added within a reasonable time frame.

7 Likes

I done got my refund not a real D2 experience with out lobby’s or in game chat now if the price drops to 15-20 bucks sure I’ll get it again and play single player and never really get any good items but no way I’m paying 40 bucks for this bs of a lie it’s not a true D2 experience like they said it would be good job blizzard good job thx for getting my hopes up and then just crushing them

4 Likes

Please bring back the lobby system on consoles! I don’t know if I would play the game without it. It is so important to the Diablo 2 experience.

3 Likes

Bring it back and some basic communication device keyboard or headset…

2 Likes

Rod has talk and the game will come out 23 september as indeed

1 Like

Their only goal now is to launch the game and make as much money as possible

Yeah i went ahead an canned my pre-order people need to do it now within 14 days of the pre-order drops u will be unable to refund so refund now and if they fix it buy it later

3 Likes

That’s what I’m saying and it’s even more MADDENING that they’re treating it like a “new feature” when they literally deleted it out of the game for some trash can match making system

3 Likes

Agreed, endgame relys heavily on lobby’s, I hope they address this

Someone has flag me i move it lol

These lazy people simply took a ready-made solution from their other productions, because introducing such a mode on the console is an additional new job.
Maybe someday in the future, when there will be more pressure Blizz do something about it and throw in an update, as if not looking at only digital productions.

3 Likes

They already have free roam with a pvp option.
Add the following sub categories to free roam
Baal runs
Chaos runs
Cow runs
Tomb runs
Tristram runs
Stat / skill / resistance quests
Rushing
Trading
Group mf

Adam fletcher This is good feedback. Thx for this.

Imo sound not good

2 Likes

In the end, game has a deadline and investors to keep happy so yeah…cutting corners here we go.

1 Like