[Console Feedback]- DEVs, can we take a look at some things?

Concern as to the silence from blues. With the number of significant issues being posted and the lack of players yesterday seems console interest is low which makes it the stepchild project that gets ignored.

Prime time Saturday on open beta…. Did not find a single full game. Either the same people on closed beta were like “yeah nothing to do…. Leveled 4 chars to 30 this is boring and the game has too many problems” or the matchmaking is totally broken. I am guessing the former over the latter.

Too bad… if done properly this could have been a very successful relaunch of a classic for console players.

1 Like

Reviewed the ‘Blue Tracker’ to see if anything on this mess is being discussed and all I saw was the discussion around Ladder runewords added to the normal game.

So their focus to not change the core game, staying true to the original, as soon as the community got upset about no Ladder at launch, Blizz throws in the towel and changes the core game to add something from Ladder.

Just not seeing them being able to scrap the whole matchmaking UI system they have on console now, for a Lobby system like PC. If they had a lobby system for console planned, they surely would have wanted to test on console before release. Seems like a major system to test on a different platform than PC, which always had lobbies.

I would vote to delay the release and do it right. But this isn’t the old Blizzard anymore that would have said ‘When it’s ready’. This is Activision. It ships in September.

4 Likes

there are an awful lot of players from the console, but a lot of them are in different regions and we can’t enter a game even if we are on a friendly list. the other problem is, there are a lot of players on the console, but how do we meet them, ok we enter in discord channels and we find players, but again we return to the problem with the regions, we fail to enter a game. communication. the other thing that is interesting to me, who tried acts 3,4 and 5 to know what and where are the mistakes so that they can correct them, also the other two characters?will there be a delay and another beta? I don’t see how they can do it as much as I want. I have some hope but if we have to be realistic I don’t see a way out. with these regions I also don’t see how things will turn out.

1 Like

I wanna know if it’s going to run at 120 on series x at launch.

It’s not even going to run at 4k 60fps on Xbox Series X.

• Quality setting is 4k 30fps
  • Performance setting is 1080p/1440p at 60fps
1 Like

This was a big one for me.
I always found myself face tank / charging the enemys as soon as my mana hit 0

I feel like Left bumper should be stand / cast… then just swivel with left joystick where i want to look.

That way i can just spin in a circle blasting and then when im ready to run just release it… would give me more accuracy and control over when im aiming my skills.

I like the idea of assign the left bumper

I wouldnt mind making view items on ground a different button or toggle on/off from multiple rapid click of something.

They could even have found a way to adjust teleport and jump distance with this.

You could swivel the “right stick” instead to set distance for how far away you want to teleport or jump when in stand / cast

And you could do this fairly quickly to change distance i believe once you got it down.

So hold LB to stand.

Swivel left stick- to quickly spin/look in directions, while casting.

Swivel right stick- set jump / teleport distance type skills

Release LB to exit stand

FFS thats such a great idea.

Imagine this devs!

when your teleporting around end game with enimga or a sorceress…

Your not really running anyways…
Your litteraly just pointing then clicking on PC.

You could literally be in stand holding LB on a controller to do this.

Hold LB to stand.

Then Using the left stick aim the direction where you want to go.

Meanwhile fluidly / periodically using the right stick to adjust how far you go.

While teleporting with telport skill binded the right trigger or something.

Then as soon as you want to stop you could just let go of the left bumper.

I agree with everything here. I had similar opinions. Diablo 2 console's beta review

2 Likes

Interesting. Devil”s advocate here. When do you ever not go the maximum distance when teleporting? Example, when I ran Meph for the 10000th time on PC, I always would click max edges of the screen to find the next level, avoiding the speedy voodoo knife killers. I never teleported half the screen.

The way teleport is working on console is max distance on the press of a button. And direction? Since you have direct control over you character with controller( vs mouse click where it drags your character to where you click), the way you face is the way you teleport.

Not sure I’m seeing the value of holding a button to root myself and then have right stick bring up a virtual cursor? (have to have some indicator of where you want to land) vs just pointing my character in a direction and teleporting with a button. That would be a nightmare in PvP to master vs someone who is just pressing a button and teleporting.

All that said, the right stick does nothing now, so giving a OPTION to have it control skill cast direction, map scrolling, and loot highlighting would be nice.

there is another possibility that most console player just played on the private, I do that cause many just wish to try this game solo… that my guess for now…

I made a ton of games I found a total of 5 people 1 fought me…I tried different things free roam, act 1 save cain quest, andy, cube,the hammer quest point point is I tried it. I say this again I found 5 people during the whole time playing the open beta. This system is broken game need lobbies, chat , zoom , and a better pvp visual indicator.

1 Like

Great point!

But i guess i still would like a stand option.

And i think teleporting a short specific distance might only be used occasionally…

You make alot of sense.
But it still is nice to have more control.
Maybe during pvp it might be nice?

Or rather i guess a toggle autolock on/off onto opponents might make more sense than a distance control.

If you really using teleportation for combat, then a precise port if important.
Like i always port into a room than opening the door while doing tomb run cause chances you will get stuck at the door are high when enemies all rushing out and your merc is standing behind you.

But there is time when you ported to another different room which is not intended but due to max length, you are there… it just felt weird.

There are also time when you need to escape to the other side of a room when you got surrounded just to be ported to another different room that is filled with other enemies… lol…

1 Like

Im sorry for Caps Lock, but…

NO LOBBY and NO MAKING GAME NAMES - RUINS EVERYTHING.

How can we do baalruns? Trade? How can we manage fair pvp?

IT IS 99% not the game i loved… Nobody will buy it without basic functions that were in original.

And PC gamers have those functions! WHY? Why there is such discrimination ?

I have bought every game from Blizzard, but now i think we shall boycott this, sorry guys…for emotions…

2 Likes

Options are good. To start, if they added a button bind where you could bind any button to ‘stand still’ then at least you could get that stand and cast feature. NO ONE can say no to options!

For sure. Max distance teleport all the time will get you into sticky situations. Once at max level though, where mana isn’t a issue, I just hit another max distance teleport to gtfo of that room filled with LEDs…lol.

I have no idea what Blizzard was trying to test with this matchmaking system. It was completely broken. At different times during both betas, I used the ‘Other>PvP’ selection to try and test out dueling. Not once did I ever find any game with anyone in it. Again, as I described before, the MM system doesn’t seem to be looking for in progress games, it’s always ‘Creating game’ and placing you alone in a session. Isn’t the point of MM to find others in current games?

1 Like

I absolutely agree, when I choose to add me to someone, it shows me that it makes me a game. Absolutely the same when I choose the other option to make a game. I’m almost sure that both options do the same thing, they just make you a game that no one can to join. they really failed to test anything from group games, trade rooms, chat is mirage. what is the point of battlenet multyplayer and play alone. it is not real

1 Like

Never looked at it this way. You probably are right. The MM system just makes a game for you, one is private and one can be joined.

Seriously, add lobbies like PC.

ohh…The idea is, that right now there is ZERO in game communication It is impossible to play. There are names of games…like Super cows 1 , Super cows 2, Super cows 3 and ect…, that connects people during hours. Now it is impossible.

Moreover. Diablo was - TRADING game. If you can’t see THE NAME OF THE GAME, YOU WILL ALWAYS CONNECT THE SAME PARTY, THUS BEING UNABLE TO FIND OTHER PEOPLE FOR TRADING.

COMMON! DIABLO WAS MULTIPLAYER GAME, NOT SOLO.

FIX THIS! FIX!

1 Like

Example of in-game communications. Ported back to town to sell, group had moved on to next Tombs, had no way to ask for a new portal to go join them.

Even with the emote wheel(Right Stick click), which only a few emotes even worked, the ones you could select were not even relevant to multiplayer games for D2.

Can we get any response from a @Blizzard CM that Devs are even reading these threads? I’m exhausted putting in all this effort over Reddit and two Forums here. Least acknowledge you give a…

1 Like