Conquests for solo players

Tried boss mode, but I never made it… I always run out of time 2-3 bosses of the mark. It’s not the damage, it’s the loading-travelling time, even with extreme speed builds, that put this one out of reach for me… I’ll be forced to do the set-grind…

Just out of curiousity, though… What do you guys consider to be THE ultimate speed-build for this one? If it’s one that I haven’t tried or considered, I might give it one final try… (I tried GoD, PoJ, FotH, Arach-Chicken)

to me super speed only occur in dashing strike or teleport,for monk,only raiment3/inna 5,which is the fastest among all others,too bad u need rcr/cdr on almost every piece…since T10 don’t need super power,should be ok,for wiz,u need aether walker,stack ap regenrate,rcr,some may use chicken or speedy horse,but it’s just not fast enough to me.

since raiment is the gift for monk in season 27,i’m considering making a monk ,soloing boss mode,and try the super power WOL…:slight_smile:

Dunno about ultimate, but I always use GoD for it. It’s not as much about the build used as the order you do the bosses and getting the right setup. First off you need to know the timer starts the moment you start the game, so wasting too much time right from when the character loads in is bad. Make sure to set the game difficulty to Torment X.
As soon as the game starts you want to check bounties. You absolutely want 2 bosses as bounties. Adria in Act 5 and Aranae in Act 1. You will lose a lot of time if you have to hunt for either of those 2. If your game doesn’t have both Adria and Aranae as bounties then leave game and create again until you get them both. You want to start with act 5, do all 3 bosses, then move on to Act 4 bosses, then Act 3, then Act 1, All the bosses in Act 2 are very easy to reach so save that for last. Generally you should ignore all loot, unless something drops that you must have such as a Primal (unlikely).

1 Like

Sometimes the loading will get stuck and you are doomed :frowning:

The key is to load a game with the hard to find bosses as a bounty so you won’t get lost. Also save it for last when you are extra powerful and fast, that way can one shot those bosses. Also be careful with some bosses that are not considered defeated until their do their full death animation. It takes practice, you will not do it on your 1st try unless you are very lucky, it will take a few tries but it is doable! SPEED plus POWER plus KNOWING the maps is the key to success.

That’s one of the key tips. Always leave one of them for your last kill. You get boss mode on the kill, even though there’s still 15 seconds of death animation to go. So, you might as well cut out those 15 seconds from your run.

As others stated, if you don’t know the maps well, such as Adrea or Queen Aranae, try to get one of them as a bounty. Honestly, these maps are not really all that bad, once you know the patterns, but unless you’ve run Sprinter a lot, you probably won’t recognize them. Adrea always has a loop. Look at the map, and make sure you’re not in that loop. Queen Aranae has another loop, and the exit is always east or west, never north or south. That helps cut things down as well.

And remember, you don’t have to kill Vidian. This is something many new players don’t realize, and it adds 2 minutes to their boss run.

With the Raiment build, I’ve managed to complete Boss Mode in under 8 minutes previously. GoD or PoJ are certainly feasible to get in 15 minutes. While load time certainly can affect things, just knowing the maps is the biggest contributor to success.

3 Likes

No Vidian… Feel like a complete NOOB right now… Played this game since it came out on console, and alays assumed that Vidian was/is included since he was added…

The Bounty-tip is gold, as is saving Diablo for last (longest animation, I think…). PoJ, no pick-ups, Speed version, T10, Taking the longest first, Spider & Area as bounties…

I’ll give it one more try, as I really don’t want to do 8 set-dungeons again (did that in 25)…

1 Like

Just wanted to add one more helpful trick. Many players are unaware that there are two ways to teleport. The blue-hand and the gold-hand way.

Especially in bounty runs, I see players who teleport back to town before going to the next bounty. They hit T for teleport, go to town, then open the map to click on the next starting point. When you watch the animation, the hands glow blue. This is the slow way to get to the next objective.

Alternatively, players can actually finish a bounty (or in this case, a boss), then immediately open the map and click on the next destination. This way, you teleport directly to the next starting point without the intermediate town stop. The animation for this type of teleport shows hands glowing gold. This is the faster way to get around.

The blue hand teleport actually removes you from the area fractionally faster than the yellow but adding an extra stop in town negates the slight speed difference.

1 Like

WTF? LOL! I done this every time with killing her with WW Barbs. So this conquest is even easier than I thought! I feel like I have a cartoon donkey head right now!

Thanks you so much for the heads up!

2 Likes

Well, as a tip for groups when it comes to Boss Mode, by doing what you suggest, you also get to store your teleport, even if you return to town.

So, if you’re in a group of 4, you can actually take 5 bosses at a time. Each person runs to a boss, and teleports back to town traditionally. The first person to reach a boss then runs to another boss. Everyone has a boss portal stored, you start boss 5. Then, each of you takes a turn and goes back to town via the map (so you don’t lose your portal), and kill the next 4 bosses. Then you repeat the process with the next 5 bosses.

You might start off with something like Adria, Queen Aranae, Ghom, Urzael, then a boss of your choice (depending how close each is to their boss).

Example:

1 Like

Well, dunno how most groups do it, but Torment 10 is not hard and bosses are one shot if you have a decent build, which it seems like that would be only reasonable to have before attempting it. We do it as a group of 3, each takes one act and does all the bosses by themself while the others are doing their own bosses in other acts. Once we finish our act we move to the next and we finish up on act 2.

Only the ones who need Boss Mode have to be at every boss fight.

2 Likes

are u sure about that?as i know all teammates must join every boss fight,unless some of the teammates already earn the boss mode and there to help u,or the boss mode @ console is different?

Ah yes, correct, if you are the one who needs the Boss Mode then you must be at every fight. Edited for clarity.

1 Like