Competent Stash Space!

We’re getting 7 new set builds with supporting legendaries (6 set items + 2-3 supporting legendaries = 9 new items per class for a total of 7 x 9 = 63 stash items!) and the maximum stash tab limit is still 13, seriously?

Players need 2 free stash tabs in a patch for a 15 stash tab minimum and then make tabs purchasable in the Blizzard shop, so players can ideally have 5 tabs max per class if they want. That way you can get revenue for further D3/D4 development, or even a D1/D2 4k remaster. I don’t want to see this stash space issue in D4.

Organizing stash space in normal mode is a struggle and doing it at the end of the season is a frustrating and cancerous experience.

30 Likes

Just logged in to express my agreement…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are a few steps ahead of this. Remember when there was that PTR where we all had 5 extra stash tabs to test? But they said it didnt go so well cause it was lagging the servers too much. Pretty sure they have extra stash tabs in testing mode in their back-end copy of Diablo 3. I beleive there will be more stash tabs in future. Though I could be wrong too, idk.

And I doubt these extra stash tabs will be free-free, we would probably have to earn it throguh future season journey.

1 Like

I still have no issues with stash space. and I do not have all the character slots I could have. keep the best and trash the rest! woot win!

1 Like

Many RPGs are designed with a few personal and a few shared tabs. That can solve all problems. Imagine a 5:5 on both stashes, for 7 classes, we have 5x7+5 = 40 stashes, without hurting game experience.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a playstyle that you probably enjoy but I like using all set builds, not just the meta leaderboard stuff. There’s really no point in adding all these items if we can’t keep them.

5 Likes

I’m with these guys. +2 more tabs, bros.

4 Likes

I’m hoping the first patch of the new decade 2020 (2.6.8) will add more stash tabs, but I’ll probably have to keep dreaming…sigh.

2 Likes

They could actually have a lot fewer stash entries in the game if they had various levels of sharing. All any one logged in character needs is access to their sets, their class-specific legendaries, a smattering of common attribute-specific legendaries, and some shared space for common items.

2-3 class-specific
1-2 str/dex/int specific
1-2 common shared

That would be 4-7 stash tabs loaded during a given game which would reduce server resources considerably over the 10-13 most players probably currently have.

Time to think outside of the box, blizzard.

Maybe allow us to craft then reroll into ancient so we can start salvaging well rolled ancient items?

I think you need to stop and smell the coffee when it comes to stash.

You have a problem that can be solved by crafting ancient items.

1 Like

I guess they only really care about seasons…
And the seasonal stash is fine…
I just stop caring and managing my non seasonal stash long ago and I am better man because of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Brilliant. Love this idea. If they allow us to use some currency to upgrade legendary to ancient/primal, it makes us less dependent on stash space and more committed to picking up/salvaging what we find.
+1 to this idea

1 Like

The armor guy will help you clear up stash. I think the devs intended that you salvage what you no longer use, and to refarm the set again when needed.

Why refarm an excellent near perfect rolled ancient piece? In fact, the time to “refarm” that would generally be pretty bad. At least being able to roll to it or craft it directly without spending bounty mats would help tremendously.

Perhaps spending 50 bounty mats allows you to unlock ancient crafting for that item?

1 Like

It’s just not refarming. You would need to refarm AND reaugment.

13 items x 2min/run x 22 runs = 572 minutes = 9.5 hours for 13 items to be augmented level 110

This is assuming your can run thirteen 2 minute GR120s in order to get 100% gem upgrade from 105 to 110.

3 Likes

The low stash tab count is the real reason why I can’t continue to play Diablo 3. I want to be able to keep the gear I grinded for or there’s really no point in continuing to play once you hit the end game. I like using builds that aren’t the top meta too for speed runs so I need to be able to keep all my set items. At the moment I have a character for every class that uses its inventory to carry items I can’t fit in the stash space which is ridiculous. And it’s still not enough, a 15 stash tab minimum and make extra tabs buyable in the Blizzard shop is a neccesity, I don’t know why it’s taking this long to implement this feature. This should’ve been done way back in 2012 during the launch of Diablo 3 or 2014 when the expansion came out. They had 6 years to fix the stash space issue and Blizzard still can’t do it. 13 tabs is not enough, we have 7 classes with class specific items. If each class should have 2 tabs minimum at release then we should have at least have 14 tabs and 1 tab as a starting for 15 total.

I remember they tried adding 5 tabs in a patch once, then they revoked it for some reason, forgot what it clearly was, probably some server issue. Can somebody clearly explain why they can’t add more tabs?

2 Likes

I’m going to go out in a limb here, though I agree we need more stash space, but I doubt most players play more that 1 or 2 different classes a season.

Yeah the seasonal stash space is fine for players who don’t play more than 3 classes total (since you only get 3 rebirths). But if players want to play more than 3 classes in season that’s where stash stuff starts to get too tight. I’m currently only playing Barbarian in season 19 and I’m already using up 4 tabs.

1 Like

It is always funny to me the people who get their panties in a wad whenever players ask for an improvement to their gaming experience. If we were all like you and just accepted what they think we want we would still have:

only 2 stash tabs (yes, that is what the game launched with)
trials
identifying each rare one at a time
identifying each legendary one at a time
no adventure mode
leveling gems one at a time
20 levels of gems to deal with
level 70 being the end of the leveling experience
no PVP (oh wait, we still don’t have that)
no legendary gems
no augments
no cube
no kadala
potions actually being in your inventory
all mats being in your inventory/stash and only stacking to 100
no rifts
no bounties
no greater rifts
still just the one avatar on the forums
legendaries being rares with pretty pictures
class specific items rolling with the wrong main stat
having a goblin pack explosion, then having to pick up each mat one at a time

This game launched with a ton of poor design choices that have slowly been fixed because of the constant petitioning of the fan base. You may think this is from a toxic, ungrateful community, but the game you play now be significantly worse if it wasn’t for those ungrateful players.

6 Likes

Alexismad:

Ever play a game called Diablo II (including LoD)? I don’t mean 10 years after it stopped being ‘that go to game.’ If you did, you would remember the stash space in that game. You would remeber how limited it was. You would remember that players had to make ‘mules’ to hoard their loot.

YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THAT IN DIABLO 3!!! It doesn’t matter if it was in the beginning stages of D3, now, or the time in-between. Good grief you people would NOT last one day in yesteryear’s gaming.

Wow, you people these days are spoiled rotten AND you still want more. The gimme generation. #NotPleasedWithAnything <------ look I threw in a hashtag for you kiddo, enjoy.