Compass rose dmg reduction does not work

On Ovvnage barbarian current season the dmg reduction does not work even that the buff is visible on buff bar as I often die instantly.

Maybe you take too much damage? Damage reduction only reduces incoming damage - it does not totally shield you from it.

3 Likes

Due to the two other bug reports posted by the OP, it’s more a problem of damage reduction than anything else.

3 Likes

And don’t use Stricken. The damage stacking only works one one single monster at the time even if you fight big crowds. Stricken is only for pushing and high GRs where killing the rift guardian starts to take too long time.
I also don’t think Skull Grasp in the cube is much good as the main damage is Rend (but look for guides or advice from other posters).

Also as others have pointed out you can have lots of damage mitigation and life on hit and still be one or two shot.

1 Like

It appears you’re not using Rend. Rend (not Whirlwind) is the damage skill with Wrath of the Wastes set. Rend does have to be on your skill bar–you don’t have to manually apply it but you do have to have it selected.
You might want to consider using Ring of Royal Grandeur and 2 pieces of Captain Crimson set (belt and boots or pants). You might also be better served with the 2 piece Bul Kathos mighty weapon set.
Take a look at my seasonal barb with Wrath of the Wastes build. The legendary gems don’t show, but I use Taeguk & Bane of the Trapped and switch between Boon of the Hoarder for farming and Gogok of Swiftness for GRs. (I switch to Battle Rage–Bloodshed for GRs.)

5 Likes

Apologies team, I didn’t see these fab replies in here. I’ve also added some stuff in the BoM thread he created as well. Hopefully our collective wisdom can help the dude out. =)

2 Likes

No need to apologize in my opinion :+1:
If anyone should apologize it would be Debcik for making the three topics. Fine that he gets help of course.

2 Likes

Rend on the toolbar is not absolutely necessary, but it helps.
Ambo’s applies no rune Rend during WW.
Having it on the toolbar allows a rune and manual Rend.

3 Likes

Exactly. And with the extra damage from a rune (mostly Bloodbath) you also get the damage boost from elemental damage (in this case physical) from bracers, amulet and convention of the elements (if used).
(Haven’t played WW barb recently myself, so I looked at Maxroll’s guide).

1 Like

Ahh. I was mistaken, then. I have been enlightened. Sorry for the wrong info. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Since I have contributed (in a minor way) in Debcik’s threads here I have occasionally glanced at his hero.
He seems to be joyfully going along with his unaltered build (going from around 580 paragon to now 609) without checking in on any of his topics here.
“May the ancients bless him”

2 Likes