Build Name: Raekaboom
D3 Planner Link: h ttps://www.d3planner.com/141680466
Build Strength: using furious charge for damage and fury generation to cumulate in a massive spender on physical cycle of CoE, synergizing fury generation and spending for Bastion of the Will set, improving DR of Raekor set to be on par with other sets
Build Weakness: A bit too involved perhaps, using revenge/overpower, furious charge, and boulder toss in one build for max dmg, not sure how the changes would affect other sets as a result.
Set Bonuses: Write your new set bonuses here as follows:
- 2-piece bonus: If furious charge hits only one enemy, a charge is refunded, and your damage is increased by 400% multiplicatively.
I wondered with 2-pc whether the damage would be all damage or just FC, but I tend to inflate the numbers and the effects to get the point across. I want Raekor 1 piece to be viable as something to be instantly used in a Haedrig’s gift situation. The biggest thing is to make it so FC gets a boost right away in terms of dmg.
- 4-piece bonus: Furious Charge gains every rune and deals 1500% damage and your fury generation is doubled. When casting furious charge and for 5 seconds after, all damage taken is reduced by 50%.
I could see the DR going lower if it feels too much, but Raekor has no DR natively though obviously band of might gives 80% if you use it.
- 6-piece bonus: Every time you use furious charge the damage of your next fury spender is increased by 5500%. This effect stacks for every enemy hit, your spenders consume 5 stacks each, or 10 if the spender consumes all your fury.
Item Bonuses: Write the new or updated legendary affixes for supporting legendaries here. After each affix, you can clarify any complex mechanics or changes. For example:
Saffron Wrap: Using overpower or revenge increases the damage of your next skill that consumes fury or a charge (i.e. over power or revenge included here) by 200%. Revenge and overpower damage are increased by 300-400% and have a doubled area of effect.
Vile Ward: Furious charge gains 50% (maybe even 100%) increased damage for every enemy it hits. Additionally when gaining fury using furious charge, your fury pool may increase 100% above its maximum amount for 10 seconds. This effect stacks, with a maximum of 10 stacks. While below maximum fury, all damage is reduced by 30%
Standoff: Your movement speed while using furious charge is doubled and you gain 400% of your total movement speed as multiplicative increased damage to furious charge.
The Three hundredth Spear: the damage of Ancient Spear - Boulder Toss is increased by 20% of the damage dealt by fury generators in the last 10-15 seconds.
Build Description: being a set which revolves around furious charge, I want to make this skill central to the set as a damage dealer in its own right and as a way to pump and prime big spenders for massive damage. I opt for a solution which allows for the removal of the fury cap so as to make the damage of boulder toss or seismic slam rumble go through the roof. I also added some mechanics where furious charge damage itself would add to your spenders, and retained the original spender-stacks mechanic of original Raekor.
Gameplay: Furious charge packs to build stacks and max fury, drop boulders on COE cycle. FC should do a bit of damage on its own, but in pushing scenarios, physical cycle boulders are juiced up for the main damage. This makes FC viable as a skill for damage dealing enough to handle speeds, but gives the opportunity to shift gears into that upper tier of damage for pushing. Damage reduction is gained through charging, both in set and items; while increased damage is gained through fury generation through furious charge + raekor stacks + FC accumulated damage added to spenders (similar to a big hit from battle rage bloodshed focused on the spender itself). I imagine that this damage stacking could work itself into the sort of potential range that valor crusaders have in how HF damage scales in that set/build.
One of the main additions to this build is the removal of the cap on max fury to make BT so devastating. Obviously an a truly uncapped amount is begging for exploitation; but what if Raekor as a FC build, with lots of built-in fury generation, would somehow remove the cap on fury (up to a certain level, maybe 5-10X the pool or something) for the duration of one’s Raekor stacks, which would increase the dmg of Raekor charge according to the amount of fury you have?
- On the one hand, this is a unique mechanic for the purpose of damage dealing that builds on the central skill of furious charge. It also allows you to implement FC items that bring in other unique mechanics if you choose, such as the movement bonus to FC dmg from Standoff (?)
- On the other hand, using this mechanic makes a natural fury-dump option on COE cycle for Boulder Toss or Seismic slam rumble. This is already a way Raekor is played, and such an amendment to the set would further solidify and reward this playstyle as uniquely Raekor-esque. It also leaves you some options for using different skills depending on needs, SS is good for larger areas, while Boulder is good for focused high damage hits.
- this style of build would undoubtedly have some meta setup, but there remains some flexibility in this arrangement. One could go with the IK4R6 setup, or use a dual wielding setup with Standoff in the cube. It might be interesting to see if there were some advantage to using a 2H weapon for this build or not as a sort of hard-hitting big damage walloping kind of build that 2h weps suggest, though I suspect dual wielding will usually trump this for affixes and CHD.
For a good Raekor build, furious charge should be important for something other than mobility and CC - it should do damage. This build that could easily do speed clears with just this skill alone and maybe a spender for trash or a boss; and one for pushing where furious charge still does work but the big boom comes from the spender of choice. The goal of this set is to make a beefy, rampaging wrecker build that bowls over enemies and flattens them into the ground and walls with skills.
Speed build uses FC as the main damage dealer, while keeping spenders as potential nukes for bosses, etc. Strongarms, dual wielding echoing fury and in-geom with rechel’s ring for speed bonus makes this a fast, hard hitting speed build with lots of potential - I’d love to see this be something that could do 110 speeds with decent paragon.
New item suggestion for fun:
Raekor’s Impulse: Targets under the effects of crowd control by furious charge take 50% more damage from all sources.
What I like about this item (1h mighty weapon I guess) is that it gives some variability to gearing for different situations, could be a potential 4th cube slot for this build and zBarb as well, and could bring in some interesting combinations for Frenzy or WW even (might even break the focus/restraint meta for WW if fourth cube slot becomes permanent)
That said, this item is for fun and doesnt need to be added for the build to work. I think it could stand in for in-geom in the speed setup, and maybe take messerschmidt’s in 4th cube slot for extra speed in S22 or if fourth cube slot becomes a thing. For the push variant, it would go 4th cube slot if at all.