2.7.2 PTR notes are up!

Hmm, a buff to HoTa. Neat! I guess. xD; I don’t think that math supports it beating rend so. Whatevs.

Nerf to Fire wizard. They’re pretty OP so I guess that makes sense. Easier to nerf than to buff other classes to it I suppose. Curious to see what these evil gems do :open_mouth:

Lame-o, where’s the expansion on Emanated items. :frowning:

1 Like

Just checked non-seaon leaderboards: IK Hota 141 15k p, LOD Hota 142, Raekor HotA 141. You are right. Looks good!

2 Likes

Hota Hota Hota Hota… and… Hota is back!!! :smiley: I, for one, am super excited for Season 25 \m/

Hey JF, I think the most impressive clears for each of these are all by 엔류, who has done 140 / 140 / 141 with IK / LOD / R6, all done during the same general time period, with between 9k and 10k paragon. Those are pretty consistent marks!

And, I do hope they will rebuild Raekor into something different at some point. Most people just don’t like the current version of that set, and will do just about anything to avoid playing it, no matter how powerful it is.

2 Likes

With regards to Raekor, I’m a broken record, but there’s a super simple fix:

1. Restrict the 6-piece bonus’s damage multiplier to Boulder Toss and increase it
  2. Greatly increase the multipliers on Skular and Three Hundredth

Now you have a unique nuke build with excellent mobility, an incentive to farm gear with + Max Fury secondaries, and a fast, fun build.

Also, the rework to WD’s Arachyr set is very interesting. I long considered radical set overhauls to be off the table, but the current devs keep proving me wrong. Maybe there’s hope for Raekor after all.

7 Likes

There’s one more thing required, which is to change the stacking mechanic to a per-enemy-hit system (maybe plus per charge, so you can still move around well). This would disincentivize wall-charging, which is a big part of the problem.

So:

1. Restrict the 6-piece bonus’s damage multiplier to Boulder Toss and increase it.
  2. Greatly increase the multipliers on Skular and Three Hundredth.
  3. Change the 6-piece stacking to 1 per charge + 1 per enemy hit.
2 Likes
  1. Increase 4p Charge damage so IK has 2 builds.

There still has to be a somewhat viable furious charge build in the game.

Now devs: make it happen!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s true, that would also be a good change. There’s really no harm in loading lots more damage into R4. Even if you changed the 1000% to 10000%, that would only make Charge about as strong as Rend is now. If you wanted to make it about equal to the new HOTAs, you could set it to 5000% or 6000%.

So here we go again:

1. Restrict the 6-piece bonus’s damage multiplier to Ancient Spear and increase it.
  2. Greatly increase the multipliers on Skular and Three Hundredth.
  3. Change the 6-piece stacking to 1 per charge + 1 per enemy hit.
  4. Increase R4 damage to 6000%.
1 Like

Tom Brady used to rock the leaderboards charging walls. How about if we make wall charging part of the build?

-4 piece bonus - Furious Charge grants all runes and does 20,000% increased charge damage when the player hits a wall within 5 seconds.

For the Wall-Charging, I got an idea.

Why not change Raekor 6 pc to a multiplier depending on total charging distance instead of count? For example: Each 5 yards increase dmg by 1000%. and set a max.

2 Likes

Great idea! We talk about it a bunch in this thread: Community Contest: Legacy of Raekor - #12 by Poconut-1717

I think it really fits the theme of the set to stay moving.

2 Likes

Yeah, If one were going to rebuild Raekor while still keeping the focus on Charge, I definitely do like the idea of adding a “distance traveled” component, to thwart wall-charging.

1 Like

I’m all for fixing wall charging, and for a small buff to Charge damage, but let’s be honest: Vile Charge is a terrible build. I’d prefer to think of Charge in a Toss build like Whirlwind is to Rend.

1 Like

The frustrating thing is that it doesn’t have to be. I used to start seasons with an R4 charging build and load up cdr and movespeed and it was tons of fun. Tops out around T6 though.

I can imagine VC being a pushing build that focuses on geometry: lining up big pulls with elites at the back for huge damage. Unfortunately with wall charging any sort of strategy is inferior to just attacking super quick by hitting a rock.

Vile charge could be fun. Tweak some movements here and there. Make it feel seamless and smooth. Add some cool sound and lighting effects. Make it “feel” better to play. Kinda like a straight line version of spin to win. I dunno, lol.

I’ve always been amused at the idea of ramming into monsters. It’s not the build that bothers me, it’s the functionality of it. As soon as you get into a not ideal situation, you’re without charges. (I know this can be somewhat countered by knowledge of the playstyle)

But I have a heavy problem with the concept of working down an elite and having to sacrifice the kill because you have two mobs total and that’s not enough to keep your charges of furious charge going. It has a frustrating handicap for a build that doesn’t even do comparable damage anymore, as well.

On the side of a boulder toss build. I’d love the hell out of it, honestly. I used to adore BT as a rage dump for LQ, so it’s not something I’d turn down.

Revised notes are up.

A few quick takeaways of consequence:

Terror shard nerfed (75% dmg/cooldown → 25% dmg/cooldown, and ring of fire effect reduced in range and frequency)

Anguish shard nerfed (now gives twice as much increased incoming damage (+50%) as move speed / CDR (+25%). And deathblow effect debugged to remove Sever effect, plus issue causing it to do more damage than intended).

Diablo 3 PTR 2.7.2 | Now Live - Updated 11/12 — Diablo III — Blizzard News

My Impale DH went from being able to solo GR145 pre-patch to struggling in GR130 post-patch. Helm shard went from 650 All Resist to 55 All Resist, so a major drop in mitigation. The increased mob count (100 instead of 50) to trigger the killing circle and the vastly reduced damage of it, means it takes many seconds for an elite in it to die, and can’t kill a Guardian.

I suspect I’d top out around GR132-133, so it’s at least a 10 GR nerf.

My rathma 130 time went from 3 minutes to 6 minutes. SUCH OUTRAGE!!!

Okay, maybe not so much. Still a lot of fun.