Clones need to follow to next level

There is a risk in doing this and that is, if you expose a pylon spawn point before it spawns, then the pylon will not spawn at that point.

I agree, they should follow through portals. It feels like most of the time the pylons are right in front of the portals to a new level :frowning:

2 Likes

That is the entire point. Reveal the pylon points before they spawn so that it spawns at the start of the next area.

1 Like

HA! We are on the same page but stating it differently. Though I did mention that as ā€œā€¦ proper pylon management ā€¦ā€

You misunderstand what he is saying. He is saying that not only does it not spawn, but you also lose that spawn for good. So, for instance, if you would have had 4 spawns, you now will only have 3. The devs have made it clear that pushing ahead can cause you to lose a pylon spawn. This is the main reason why they should allow the clones to follow you to the next level.

The shadow clones are nice, but yes it would be great if they could follow to the next floor, the pylon buff carries through but not the clone. As for using a ā€œPylon managementā€ as described in other postsā€¦running ahead and getting the buff, then running back to clear mobs and sub-bosses seems counter-productive and you loose time in the end in GRā€™sā€¦or am I wrong?
Simple solution in my opinion is to allow the clone buff carry through to next floor as it only lasts 60 seconds to begin with.

1 Like

Well yes you donā€™t want to reveal the entire map as you may lose a spawn. Discussing the ins and outs of pylon management will take awhile. True enough.

So, with the new patch it becomes clear. Clones will not follow you to the next level. Very disappointing. Wish we could at least get a blue post on this.

1 Like

For the shadow clones, and thus the entire season theme, to be meaningful and fun, the clones absolutely need to follow you throughout the rift.

By having them not following, the theme changes from something that sounds fun and exciting, and occasionally is, to a big setup for a bigger letdown. Itā€™s happened constantly for me on the PTR: I see a pylon. I donā€™t even care what the pylon does. I get excited for the clone, so I run up and click it. 30 or 20 or 10 or 0 seconds later, Iā€™m at the exit, with no sensible reason to not take it immediately. Poof, most of my clone time erased. Now, Iā€™m not just not excited, Iā€™m massively disappointed.

It would also be great if there were some display, either as a pet or a buff, that showed number of clones and remaining time.

Either commit to making the season theme an exciting reason to play or donā€™t expect folks to bother.