Clones need to follow to next level

Some classes seem to be able to have multiple clones & others only one. But to my real point. Pylons at exit doors or fast lvl clears. Shadow clones NEED to be able to follow the player through one door/portal/level only if within the 60 seconds. More often than not we go to a dry lvl from one with 2-3 pylons & no benefit, or going into boss lairs, etc. We love the clones, but let them follow one lvl with us please. Thanks

20 Likes

I agree with this, I have played seasonal PTR for about 6 hours and was 2 hours in before a clone stayed with me for more than a few seconds.
I was excited when I spawned a clone right at the start of my levelling just outside Maghda’s lair. I was then disappointed when the clone dropped off for the boss encounter.

3 Likes

Clones not following to next map level was reported on day one of Phase 2…

1 Like

Your seasonal buff is the 4th slot… the clones are not a super reliable factor. It’s just there.

Yes, it would be great if clones would follow us into new GR levels. The code is there (they fixed it for Big Bad Voodoo on Mundunugu set), so I hope we will have it on live in S22.

3 Likes

I believe they should follow but you guys realised the clones have a duration right? this also should change.
My sugestion:
-clones endure till you die;
-they follow you trough every floor you go;
-you cant spawn clones outside a gr and bring them inside ( THIS IS IMPORTANT DONT MESS THIS );
-no longer multiple clones, you can have only 1 at time;
-they upgrade clone tier for multiple pilars activated;
-when you die the next pilar you activate gives you tier 1 clone again.

I would have to say no to pretty much everything you said. Well except the spawning outside the GR. Over complicated for the most part. Really it works as is, just need for the clones to follow to next level.

5 Likes

I disagree on the clones. They will be integral for solo clears. Killing rift bosses at higher levels is hard. Period. Any help is a must.

1 Like

It has been reported, but has it been verified as a bug, or working as intended?

1 Like

We’ll only know when they publish the patch notes for live.

2 Likes

Um, I feel this would be way to OP. I’m good with 60 seconds, but really think they need to enter 1 portal, if it is a quick level, they can evaporate. I just think it wasteful they can’t have 1 door follow command. I also think their skillset should activate at level one instead of whatever level their skills activate for the player(someone said 17, sounds about right for when mine started helping). But also agree single clone only. I’ve screengrabbed with 3 of mine on screen for monk.

And the next level they followed you into would have dervishes for ya :wink:

1 Like

4th slot is nice for many builds, but no more than a novelty for others. I believe the clones are going to be the real secret sauce for S22 if they don’t change dmg scaling. I was testing vigilance in 4th slot with a shield up on RG in GR95 & before it could hit me, my clone 1 shotted him, lol…

Yeah but the way the clones work right now, you get a pilar in the end of the floor just to watch the clone die when you hit the door, it is kinda lame

1 Like

I already have this listed in my consolidated feedback thread. If you know of other issues with the clones which are not listed in my thread, please let me know!

2 Likes

It does not die. It just does not follow you to the next Level.

There have been reports by other players who have returned to town to empty their Inventories. And while they were in town their Clone got the last few monsters they needed for the kill-count and completed the Bounty for them.

You can test this yourself. Next time you access a Pylon or Shrine near the entrance of the next Level, go down and then re-enter your previous Level. You will find your Clone still waiting there for you… if the 60 seconds hasn’t expired yet.

The only changes I would like to see to the Clones:

1. They last as long as the Pylon or Shrine effect with no influence from The Flavor of Time or the Gloves of Worship.
  2. They follow you to the next Level, including Boss rooms, but immediately expire if you return to town… for any reason.
3 Likes

I think you’re missing the point. The Clones are probably meant to act as partial damage… NOT your base damage in Season 22… because the current big buff is the 4th slot.

Actually, according to the PTR 2.6.10 Patch Notes, the Season Theme is about the Shadow Clones. The Theme is even called Shadows of the Past.

Seasons

The shadows, they are moving, and they seem… animated. It is as though they have a will of their own. Whatever this trickery is, perhaps you can use it to your advantage. Let’s see what the demons say when you fight side by side with your own shadow!

Shadows of the Past: Activating a Shrine/Pylon will spawn in a shadow clone of your class. This clone will randomly have 1 out of 3 predetermined builds. This clone’s power will scale with your character and will last for 1 minute or if your character dies. See below for the shadow clone variations that can spawn when activating.

It’s not until the last paragraph, above the Items section, under Kanai’s Cube that it mentions the 4th Cube Slot.

Not only that, but the title of this thread is Clones need to follow to the next level. So technically, your comments could be considered off-topic.

(Just sayin’)

2 Likes

Must be DH…WB a mechanic that doesn’t let clones attack unless you are attacking?
Also, thanks Iria, but with commentary on a singular item feedback thread; do you think it gets the same amount of review & response? Some of the issues raised in a 12 item compendium may not be as singular focused as those raised/replied on a post related to singular issues. Just my 2.3 cents. Thanks again

Although the point is valid, I do not agree that the clones should be allowed to go to the next level if only basing it on just how powerful they are. Them not going to the next level puts the Pylon management into a new level of actual skill and mastery, so to speak.

Being able to, or not able to properly manage your pylons during a run can be the determining factor in you getting the #1 spot on the leaderboards or not.

1 Like