[Classic] The Shared Stash

Yeah I’m on heavy medication today due to injury. I completely didn’t process your post at all haha sorry man

Thats NOT what I said. You perhaps misunderstood what I meant by Classic Mode and D2R Shared Stash.

If I purchase D2R (which I have), and choose to play the game in CLASSIC MODE, then I expect to play it in CLASSIC MODE, which does not include the shared stash or any of the other QoL features introduced in the RESURRECTED Mode (Modern Graphics, Wide Screen support, Additional UX Components, etc).

TLDR, I want ALL of the new introduced features, just not when I play it in CLASSIC mode.

Wait so you dont want classic to have improved graphics in D2R? Why?

I personally would rather have resurrected features in Classic and LoD.

2 Likes

Classic will have the improved graphics, and likely a gamble refresh, and auto gold because of consoles.

This hypothetical “Classic” mode that is exactly like current ClassicD2, does not exist.
It’s also not going to be the same with the ability to mule in an empty game, joining with another character.

This is a new game, released in 2021, and it is insane to not have a safe way to mule items.

(It will also very likely have widescreen support) I think your expectations for Classic in D2R are not going to be anything close to what we see.

3 Likes

I never said that. I said that when or even IF I choose play the game in CLASSIC mode, then I want to play it in CLASSIC mode, which currently means applying the toggle and switching to 4:3 sprite-based graphics.

Besides, I purchased my copy of D2R so I can play the UPDATED game with better graphic, shared stash, and all the other new enhancements.

To define the word “Classic”:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/classic

Pay special attention to definitions 7-9:

7 of enduring interest, quality, or style:
a classic design; classic clothes.

8 of literary or historical renown:
the classic haunts of famous writers.

9 traditional or typical:
a classic comedy routine.

So when I use the term “Classic”, as I’ve already mentioned, I mean the state and style of the original game, whether or not it includes the LOD expansion. My use of vocabulary is correct.

Emphasis mine, your definition does not conform to the well known definition of what Classic means in the context of D2.

D2Classic very clearly is defined as the 4-act game. It is separate, but has been changed by, the patches that were introduced in both game modes.

3 Likes

But don’t you then instead mean “Legacy”?

1 Like

Legacy is the current servers, on Bnet 1.0. Legacy Classic and Legacy LoD.

D2R will be on entirely different servers, Classic and Expansion will both be game options.

1 Like

Legacy graphics, isnt the same thing as classic mode. Mainly because Classic mode has been a thing sense the release of LoD were Legacy graphics is new to D2R.

1 Like

It’s a moot point any wanting to play D2 Classic (whether by my definition or yours) in D2R but to still expect the new features and QoL changes.

To clarify. If I purchase a Ford Mustang, I’ll have done so for the new and modern functions of that vehicle. It’s unreasonable to expect the inclusion of long outdated features of a Ford Model-T.

I paid close to R800 to buy D2R so I can play with the new graphics, shared stash, and all other included changes, including improved Battle.Net support. If I want to play D2 Classic or D2LOD Classic, then I’ll do so with the pre-D2R versions of the game that I already own and have installed.

Except that Bnet2.0 changes things. There is no longer the possibility to mule in an open game. It is actually the opposite of QoL. It is a downgrade in playability, and it needs to be rectified.

4 Likes

So whats wrong with having the D2R QoL Features and graphics in both D2 and LoD, while playing D2r?

1 Like

You’re still not understanding the term Classic in this context.

1 Like

It’s because he’s trolling. See above how this troll interchanges the term Classic with mutually exclusive meanings, all of which are purposefully incorrect.

First, ‘Classic’ is the D2R feature of legacy graphics(same product) (nonsensical: troll stupidity baiting), then ‘Classic’ is analogous to the Model-T vs a Mustang(suddenly, different product) (troll nuance: flow of features is inverted to the argument here… more stupidity baiting). ‘Classic’ may or may not contain LoD; WHO KNOWS?!

The troll gives signals (quotes, replies) that it’s been explained to him (several times) what Classic means in the context of Diablo II and yet continues to purposefully make false assertions in bad faith. 100% well fed troll.

2 Likes

Because it’ll no longer be “Classic Diablo”, will it? Which is how it should be. I paid close to R800 to get the updated features. I did not pay that amount to play the classic game.

I want the shared stash. I want the additional in-game stats displays. I want the advanced graphics engine.

Just NOT when I’m playing classic.

At least I’m not hungry…

In the context of Diablo II , ‘Classic’ refers to the game mode played by characters created with the ‘EXPANSION CHARACTER’ check box not checked. This mode ends on Act 4 and doesn’t include runes, rune words, charms, and many other items. Diablo II: Resurrected will also feature this ‘Classic’ mode, which is not a reference to legacy graphics, the 2000 product, classic clothes, the haunts of famous writers, or a classic comedy routine. This thread is a query as to whether or not the ‘Classic’ mode of the pending Diablo II: Resurrected product will also feature the shared stash.

Don’t over eat.

3 Likes

Understood. But what I don’t understand is that people say they want to play “Classic Diablo II” in Diablo II Resurrected, but they still expect the Resurrected features (such as shared stash) to be present while playing Classic Mode.

Logically, it will not then be “Classic Diablo”, will it? To use my prior analogy of a Ford Mustang vs Ford Model T.

The Model-T is the “Classic” Ford vehicle, agreed? If the Model-T is modified to include for example, airbags or ABS brakes, then it’ll no longer be a original Classic Model-T.

The same goes for Diablo II Classic played within Diablo II Resurrected. It is no longer Classic Diablo II if everyone forces Blizzard and VV to include the Resurrected features into the “Classic” mode of the game.

I bought and paid for Diablo II Resurrected. NOT Diablo II Classic.

Well Geezer, are you still not convinced that this individual is a troll? Still the same trolling pattern, transparent and predictable.

Diablo II Resurrected features both Expansion mode and Classic mode. You might as well say “It is no longer Expansion Diablo II if it includes the Resurrected features.” We both know you’re trolling, maybe it’s more obvious to others now.

2 Likes

Yes, I bought both. But it’s unreasonable to expect “Diablo II Classic” or “Diablo II Lord of Destruction Classic” modes to include the features of “Diablo II Resurrected” mode?

Diablo II Classic did not have a shared stash. Neither did Diablo II Lord of Destruction Classic.

Diablo II Resurrected does have a shared stash, along with many other features, not all of which are even fully known yet.

D2R also includes a mode for fans to play Diablo II Classic, right? How does it make sense to include such a mode if not to provide a means to play the game as the classic version of the game was played, which did not have a shared stash?

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I paid to play Diablo II Resurrected along with all the new features, NOT to play Diablo II Classic.

What’s even the point of including a “Classic” mode into D2R anyway, when most new players will want to experience the game in it’s entirety using any and all of the new features. And no, arguing nostalgia doesn’t cut it…

Indifferent to if one poster is trolling, the content of the thread is still a good thing to teach people what Classic is, and what it is not.

It seems that this poster either does not understand what Classic is, or is trolling, yes.

Would it help, prometheus, if I told you that “Classic” is not an official term used by Blizzard to describe Classic? would that help your senses? Here, let’s try.

I would like non-expansion to have the shared stash There. Nothing about the “C” word, does that make you happier? Non-expansion should have the Quality of life features. No “C” word here…now maybe you won’t confuse it with a car.

3 Likes