Charm Inventory

Playing Project Diablo Mod right now and I do like the Charm inventory feature. Starting to hope we see something like this in D2R or a D2R Expansion.

8 Likes

I said D2 stood the test of time, because it had only 1 expansion, 1 year after the original release, and then no expansion for 20 years now. A couple patches here and there that fixed bugs and added some stuff. That was it.

Arguing “WOW stood the test of time”, is ridiculous.

Wow launched in 2004 with a full-price tag, but without the ability to actually play that game. No, instead, after paying the full price, you had to subscribe and pay a lot of money per month to be allowed to play the game you just purchased for a full price-tag.

Then, WOW received 8 (EIGHT) expansions, EACH with a full-game-price tag, only to prevent the game from dying around 2012. WOW has been on life support ever since, and only WOW classic has brought new life to WOW. Burning Crusade will do the same.

Don’t tell me WOW stood the “test of time” if you had to pay a full-game-price tag with every expansion or more, and then had to pay a monthly subscription on top of that, where you could have bought a lot of games for that monthly subscription price alone.

WOW has NOT stood the test of time, but because of continuing expansions and constant patching and balance changes, people have the illusion that it stood the test of time.

What is really happening, is Blizzard pumping out lackluster content in order to not loose its biggest cash-cow, by cashing in on your nostalgia and hope, that you can relive the original magic of WOW and TBC.

The original magic of WOW and TBC has been dwindling with every expansion and dumbing down of content, catering to casuals and lazy self-entitled kids.

Then Blizzard told fans “you think you do, but you dont”, remember? Then 180 degrees turn, and they announce WOW classic LOL. That same guy is the CEO of Blizzard today :slight_smile:

Everyone else left Blizzard and started new gaming studios ^^

Also look at D3, since there was no expansion after ROS, D3 is a Ghost Town LOL.

D2 doesnt need expansions, its THAT GOOD. This is why D2 fans are fighting hard to keep casuals and noobs at bay with their demands of changes to D2R.

Change D2R and you ruin the magic of D2.

2 Likes

“THAT GOOD” as in “borderline-dead 5 years after release” good?
Sounds almost as “good” as d3 then, eh?
And yeah, so far I see only “casuals and noobs” mentioning some “choice” regarding inventory management, rather funny too. “Ooh we had to manage a hard choices between carrying a torch or an ID tome”.
D2 had a potential, to be “THAT GOOD”, but it was wasted due to inside quarrel in blizzard.

And don’t mix charm inventory with what other idiots are asking for, I’ll grab a pitch fork along with you against those “personal loot\ increased drop rates\ faster leveling\ yada yada” crowds.

6 Likes

Diablo 2 has never really died, it has local TCP/IP option and even if people weren’t playing online they were playing locally with their friends and family members.

There are whole communities dedicated to diablo 2 and diablo 2 classic.

I don’t think anyone rightfully knows exactly the extent of the diablo 2 community because of how it’s developed through multiple aspects including modding.

1 Like

I played on the battle.net, this whole time, since release, till today.
Don’t tell me it didn’t die. It became a pale shadow of itself ever since ~1.11 patch.
From pre 1.11 when you had hard time scrolling through walls of running text in trade channels, to entirely empty ones after, was a sad sight to behold.
And TCP/IP/SP d2 and bnet d2 are different games.

2 Likes

your talking about battle.net, and I am talking about much more then the original battle.net. I am talking about single player, Online, Tcp/Ip Games, internet communities, modding communities, and more.

Battle.net died when it stopped trying to combat the botters, cheaters, and item dupers.

Online play was full of cheaters but people still went there just to play with friends using the “honor code”

Charm inventory is good for mf. It would change pvp alot

1 Like

How would it change PvP?
Everybody is already running a full charm inventory and with shared stash you can have all the precast and swap equip you want.

3 Likes

Go take the poll on diablo reddit for charm inventory.

If the game is made with a seperate charm inventory. We would have tons of space in our regular inventory for situational weapon and armor switches that would create new chains and combos that exceed what already exsists in the game right now

If you ever try to swap gear between inventory and equipment slots in the midth of a duel you will get murdered on the spot, so don’t worry about that :joy:

1 Like

Man if I clutch one out off a gank tele through building its ggs thoughhhhh

If we have no charm inventory, then after Baal run player can grab only 1-2 items, leaving other items for other members of a team.

If we have charm inventory - there is a chance that 1 player will have all the loot that Baal dropped, leaving other people with nothing.

Mystery solved - charm inventory is needed for item stealing and leaving everyone without loot. Pretty selfish thing!

Those who advocate for Charm inventory are like people who wake up at 10am. And they complain about their neighbor who wakes up at 6am to go to work.

They want to restrict the neighboor from waking up at 6am to go to work, because it is a so-called competitiveness disadvantage. So their mindset is “make sure the company don’t let workers work earlier in the morning”

4 Likes

What a nice comparison! :+1:

eh, no? Those who advocate for charm inventory are those who play optimal, with inventory full of charms with just the cube as their inventory. Sacrificing their comfort for kill speed.
Those who against it are mostly noobs that don’t pull their own weight to be able to more comfortably steal the loot from people doing the actual killing. So I guess your analogy should be reversed.

8 Likes

That is exactly the cold truth, Blizzard has stopped battling those botters a long, long time ago, and we can see the result.

I can’t say for sure, but this time with modern Blizzard servers and brand new IP encryption, should make things much more difficult, along with other counter-measures. I doubt Blizzard will throw in the towel after launch, I am sure botting/hacking will be taken seriusly for a few years, then maybe left alone again, but we should get a few years of healthy D2 gaming again at least (imo).

1 Like

Bots will always be a problem, look at WoW for example, blizzards beloved cashcow, it’s still ridden with bots, both in retail and in classic.

No my analogy was right. Sadly, people who are for a specific charm inventory don’t want to sacrifice room for competitiveness.

The core problem with charms is its sheer value of the affix, which is too high. Making the balance of choice never favorable to room space once the charm rolls perfectly.
People who want this allocated slots for charms, should be courageous enough to ask “Nerf charms please”. But they only want UPGRADES. It is hypocritical.

The essence of how negative internet buzz and game updates work make Nerfs difficile. This is why no changes of the status-quo is acceptable.

lol, that’s because people are asking for QoL change, not entire game balance rework.

3 Likes