Charm Inventory

The devs clearly stated, that there will be no balance changes.
Also it is easier to make a relatively simple QoL change instead of rebalancing the whole friggin game.

1 Like

Well, then it would not be bad to add the ability to add things immediately to the cube, if the inventory is full, it would already be good and, as for me, would not affect the balance in any way.

2 Likes

Thats a really great reason why not too , and agree with you .

Negative this is unacceptable part of D2 is Stash Tetris, The need for Storing Items is far greater then eliminating stash tetris. this is a Very Key component of the game it forces the Player I.e too “Make Difficult choices”!

1 Like

I actually agree with you on inventory tetris being an important part of the game.
And that is exactly why I want a charm inventory.

Right now a huge part of the player base isn’t engaging in inventory tetris at all, simply because their entire inventory is filled with charms.
Good items go into the cube and if the cube is full they use a TP to stash their items.

There is no moving around items to somehow fit another item in and people never watch their inventory slowly fill with stuff until they have to decide if they want to use a TP or using a few ID scrolls to throw out some stuff that is neither worth trading, nor selling to an NPC.

A charm inventory would bring this back and I would really enjoy that.
It is also one of the reasons why I come back to Classic every now and then.

8 Likes

Obviously the charm inventory proponents want a charm inventory in order to high-level farm a little more conveniently.

Ok.

But what about the lower levels? If we have a charm inventory, suddenly the lower levelers will be more powerful as they choose to keep all their charms instead of discarding some as the game inventory forces them to do.

They’d have to discard some eventually, of course, but they’d have many more - an entire inventory’s worth - than they do in classic.

So the charm inventory proponents are cool with lower levelers getting a general power boost? With everyone getting a power boost?

Exquease me?

A workaround to this would be to unlock a charm inventory at level 92 or something. But that isn’t a fun solution because then there’s a huge power jump from lvl 91 to 92. That’s kind of a weird thing. Also, it’d have to be disabled in PvP because lvl 91s would be at too far a disadvantage against a 92 (or whatever level the charm inventory unlocks).

That’s not even considering the obvious “maximum power boost vs inventory slot” tradeoff, which the proponents don’t think is valid at high levels because “everyone needs to do it”.

So you guys think the game should cater to you always running at maximum character power?

That seems wrong.

So what about the lower level issue? The game is a lot more than just high level farming, thank Anu.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will make that much difference, because charms don’t drop as often and most people carry identify tome around, so they can check if a charm is of good value, they will drop low value ones on the spot, or just keep it for vendor. You make it sound as if it would cause an imbalance when it’s really nothing significant.

3 Likes

I am honestly under the impression that your personal problem — as a result of choosing console over PC — should not concern PC players nor influence our original Diablo 2 gameplay experience. I’m not saying this for a cheap jab, I’m saying it’s a choice that you ought to live with.

While it is true that charms came with the Lord of Destruction expansion, and not the original Diablo 2 game, Diablo 2: Resurrected is tailored to said expansion, for better or worse, of which charms is a part, and the point of these charms is having to choose one over the other; more inventory space, or additional stat bonuses.

Setting my principles aside, I can admit that I’ve personally always found charms to be a nuisance. It’s fine if the developers, after careful consideration, decides to store charms separately where I don’t need to deal with them anymore, but if I notice that it impacts my gameplay negatively then I want it back to normal.

But… people obviously wouldn’t vendor or drop charms if they have free space in their charm-only inventory. You think a 4x10 inventory full of charms won’t make a difference for a mid lvl player? …

Everyone would get a power increase if everyone could suddenly run with an inventory full of charms.

5 Likes

If Blizzard implements a charm inv for D2R which is tentative at best. Then they will likely just make a carriage space for charms which will not activate the stats on the charms.

If Blizzard intends to add a charm inv where charms are active (which I very much doubt would happen, as it would have a huge affect on end game, and I am strongly against it btw) then it’s not the lowbies that would matter, because they can stack soso or low value charms, but rather high levels with valuable charms. Lowbies just don’t have the power and oomph to make much difference regardless of number of charms.

That is exactly what they want to be honest. The people making the argument for a separate charm inventory are the same people that see charms as an extension of their equipment. These are the same people that run a full charm inventory 100% of the time won’t even use a Cube because it takes up space they could be using for charms and leaves a tiny space open to pick up gear.

The real bad ones don’t even carry Tomes of Teleport or Identify and instead put individual scrolls inside their belt slots…

Moral of the story is these people want all the benefits of the charms with no negatives. They know the main and most important negative to charms is inventory space. But they choose to pretend that it’s not.

Exactly this, I feel like the people advocating this are completely not understanding just how broken it would be for every character to be able to just have a full inventory of charms. They would never have to vendor or sell any of them until the charm inventory is full and even then they would just be culling the charms that were garbage anyway.

2 Likes

Just unlock 1 row of charm inventory every 10 levels and start with 1 row at level 1 :woman_shrugging:

But quite honestly:
Even with a charm inventory I would still vendor nearly all the crap charms.

Being able to buy ~5 more mana pots is much more valuable than that 7 mana LC if you are playing through the game at the start of a new ladder.

1 Like

Charm inventory isn’t apart of the game for a reason I understand the Logic behind your sentiment BUT it wouldn’t be viable, it’d change the game at it’s core,

1 Like

As in “bringing back a core game design feature that was practically removed due to a poor game design decision in the expansion”?

I don’t exactly see that as a bad thing :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

The core of your d2 gameplay is having a horadric cube for inventory?
Then I’m afraid to even ask, what’s classic d2 even is if it got no charms at all, not a d2 anymore?

5 Likes

Sounds crazy complicated, for a system that works and adds to the total strategy of the game. Shared stash is sweet, but adding a charm inventory takes away from the total strategy of the game.

Even having the option to toggle it on and off makes no sense because it leaves people at a disadvantage who don’t toggle it on + increases work for the devs.

2 Likes

That’s a good solution to the bad sudden power jump of unlocking an entire charm inventory, but it would still increase mid lvl characters’ power.

And yeah, the buying potions over keeping charms thing would happen at low levels, but would stop as soon as gold became pretty trivial. Good thinking with the one-column-unlock every ten levels, but I’m still against it for even that power increase. I mean, by lvl 50 everyone would have almost half an entire inventory more charms than they would have otherwise.

These hard decisions deciding whether to keep a sweet charm or make room for a sweet item is a vital part of the fun while leveling.

1 Like

I don’t think a charm inventory would change the core game. Especially not if charms could ONLY go in the charm inventory and stash. That way you’re not changing how many charms you could have at once, you’re just allowing people to actually have an inventory to manage in the first place by separating charms from the regular inventory.

Inventory Tetris, as they called it at Blizzcon, would still exist with a charm inventory. You’d actually be playing it a lot more often since you actually had space to play it in. Only having space to hold a few items doesn’t create compelling inventory management.

6 Likes

yeah somehow the people keep bringing up " it will make your characters stronger"
when it fact, no it doesn’t make your characters stronger at all
all is does it make you be able to pick up loot and put it in your inventory

nothing else has changed you don’t get more spaces for charms… u get more spaces for “not charms”

we already have a 4x10 space for charms

with a charm inventory we will still have the exact same 4x10 space for charms,
we will just have a new separate “inventory” that charms wont work in.

7 Likes

Wow. So you’re calling the normal inventory a charm inventory. Lol.

You’re saying:

So you’re saying the normal inventory is not actually meant for items, it’s meant for charms.

2 Likes